What are you fuckers reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just finished The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. By Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland.

Loved it to bits.

51NjfgRvQCL.jpg

sean got me this, its really good

Winter lasts most of the year at the edge of the Russian wilderness, and in the long nights, Vasilisa and her siblings love to gather by the fire to listen to their nurse’s fairy tales. Above all, Vasya loves the story of Frost, the blue-eyed winter demon. Wise Russians fear him, for he claims unwary souls, and they honor the spirits that protect their homes from evil.

Then Vasya’s widowed father brings home a new wife from Moscow. Fiercely devout, Vasya’s stepmother forbids her family from honoring their household spirits, but Vasya fears what this may bring. And indeed, misfortune begins to stalk the village.

But Vasya’s stepmother only grows harsher, determined to remake the village to her liking and to groom her rebellious stepdaughter for marriage or a convent. As the village’s defenses weaken and evil from the forest creeps nearer, Vasilisa must call upon dangerous gifts she has long concealed—to protect her family from a threat sprung to life from her nurse’s most frightening tales.

51NjfgRvQCL.jpg

sean got me this, its really good

Winter lasts most of the year at the edge of the Russian wilderness, and in the long nights, Vasilisa and her siblings love to gather by the fire to listen to their nurse’s fairy tales. Above all, Vasya loves the story of Frost, the blue-eyed winter demon. Wise Russians fear him, for he claims unwary souls, and they honor the spirits that protect their homes from evil.

Then Vasya’s widowed father brings home a new wife from Moscow. Fiercely devout, Vasya’s stepmother forbids her family from honoring their household spirits, but Vasya fears what this may bring. And indeed, misfortune begins to stalk the village.

But Vasya’s stepmother only grows harsher, determined to remake the village to her liking and to groom her rebellious stepdaughter for marriage or a convent. As the village’s defenses weaken and evil from the forest creeps nearer, Vasilisa must call upon dangerous gifts she has long concealed—to protect her family from a threat sprung to life from her nurse’s most frightening tales.

I just bought that today!

Brad Thor. State Of The Union. Just started reading him in order. Lots to catch up on.

I've wanted to read this ever since it came out and just never did.

I think it's one of his best. Other than The Green Mile and the Dark Tower series, I can't think of any others that compare (but I didn't care as much for the Stand or It as most).

I think it's one of his best. Other than The Green Mile and the Dark Tower series, I can't think of any others that compare (but I didn't care as much for the Stand or It as most).

Most of his later stuff has that kinda wistfulness to it, but it made me think of The girl who loved Tom Gordon first.

Oh Jesus Fuck! I was about to post some good stuff about King. Then my dog comes in here jumping up and down all happy all over me and it fucked up what I was doing. Shit! Guess I'll get back to it.

That book is fantastic. Really enjoyed it (twice). I also like the Mr. Mercedes books - Bill Hodges novels. First two of them more than the third.

I only read the first two. I was quite disappointed after the second and never picked up the third. I love his son, Joe Hill though.

Audiobook
26156987.jpg

and then for realz:

33358438.jpg

and

51mnqARqdsL._SX370_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just started it.

I just can't. I honestly woke up January 1st sad because I knew it was going to be another long year of him. It's only the 5th and already.....

Where's Glynddah with her magic wand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back