Isolated BDSM Blurts: Facehugger Fetish

I'm about 10% of the way into a new story - paranormal romance - and have been having a bad case of writer's block for the last 2 days. Blah.

My Monday evening at home started with trash to go out for collection day, cockroaches found in the kitchen, and kitty throw up after a day spent with automated invoicing failure and suddenly invisible spreadsheets.

All in all a standard fucking Monday, I guess.

Twin Peaks was on when I was like 3 or 4. I’m watching it now. O_O

I've just received a random PM from a wannabe newbie dom guy who is asking me for tips on how to pick up sub girls for play. I don't know whether to be flattered or offended. :confused:

A lot of the exorcism related injuries I've read about seem to involve poorly constructed bondage. Maybe those priests should take a note from some of the more experienced members of the BDSM community...

We survived. Wind driven wildfire with a mandatory evacuation order. Screw 'em, I stayed and MY HOUSE is still here. Some of my neighbor's left and their houses aren't. God I'm tired and my eyes burn from ashes, sparks and smoke.

LOTS of smoke and the fire is burning toward where friends live. Only 5% contained and 95 square miles of burn area. Purple flag warning - FIRST TIME EVER! Everything here is charcoal. Power is finally back on after 4 days. I missed my Lit!

We survived. Wind driven wildfire with a mandatory evacuation order. Screw 'em, I stayed and MY HOUSE is still here. Some of my neighbor's left and their houses aren't. God I'm tired and my eyes burn from ashes, sparks and smoke.

LOTS of smoke and the fire is burning toward where friends live. Only 5% contained and 95 square miles of burn area. Purple flag warning - FIRST TIME EVER! Everything here is charcoal. Power is finally back on after 4 days. I missed my Lit!

OMG! I can't believe you didn't evacuate! You must have spent the entire time wetting down the roof. Get some rest, my foolishly, fortunate friend.

SNOW

Extremely dark even still, I assume the clouds are very thick and we'll be getting more.

~ ~ Edit ~ ~

It's melting.

~ ~ Edit ~ ~

It stopped melting.
I now know what a blizzard feels like.

Roads are closed, barely got 200m outside and ended up with pockets full of ice pebbles and ice globules falling off my collar.
Definitely a hot chocolate and bad films day.

Last edited:
Whipped.

Strangely, I don't feel owt, on my ass,
my legs, my feet.

I feel it on my back.

I think my back must be the sensitive area.

"Ouch, by heck, would you do that again?
Ow, by heck, it's nice!"

I like to be whipped on my back.

OMG! I can't believe you didn't evacuate! You must have spent the entire time wetting down the roof. Get some rest, my foolishly, fortunate friend.

What can I say; some people have enough brains that if they want to be a firefighter, they actually sign up for that as their day job. Apparently I don't qualify as smart enough. Except, what's mine is MINE!

Yep, hose down the roof, spray the eaves from underneath, water the yard and the neighbor's trees and hedges, rinse and repeat. Those first two hours starting at zero dark thirty on Tuesday morning were hell. Dark, smokey, lots of noise and commotion from people trying to get out, the sound of the fire, the wind, the sparks everywhere, the smell of burning sagebrush and eucalyptus, watching palm trees go up like Tiki torches; it was hell.

Last night was the first full night of sleep since Monday. I still woke up several times, but there was no flickering orange glow through the curtains so I rolled over and went back to sleep again. Smoke is still thick because the burn area is still smoldering and the wind is driving it across my neighborhood.

The constant texts and phone calls are the worst thing. Don't people understand that you don't call INTO a disaster area? We sent out word that we were fine yet I'm STILL getting multiple calls and texts every time the national news reports that the wildfire threatening Santa Barbara is now starting to burn westward into San Diego. :rolleyes:

We survived. Christmas will be spent at home instead of a Red Cross evacuation shelter.

Fuck. Now the boss is telling me to get back to work. Bastard.

Last edited:
Some images:

This is what the area looked like before the fire.

attachment.php

This is what I had to drive through on the way to work this morning.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 10
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 10
This is what it looks like now.

attachment.php

The before/after shots aren't the same place but you get the idea of what the terrain and plant life was like. It's still smokey as hell, not so bad at night when the wind dies down but as soon as it kicks up in the morning the smoke comes rolling in. Everything smells like smoke. Even my car when I'm out of the smoke/burn area still smells like smoke inside.

Some of the neighbors are starting to come home. Probably most will return either today or tomorrow. Over 500 homes or structures have been lost or damaged. 135,000 acres burned so far and only 10% containment. I know that 1 person died - I don't know if there were more.

It's still burning and threatening Santa Barbara. I have no idea what started it.

Attachments

• Charred.jpg
    Charred.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I've just received a random PM from a wannabe newbie dom guy who is asking me for tips on how to pick up sub girls for play. I don't know whether to be flattered or offended. :confused:

Tell him to use his legs, not his back.

<snip>

Saw the pics - so glad you're ok.

SNOW

Extremely dark even still, I assume the clouds are very thick and we'll be getting more.

~ ~ Edit ~ ~

It's melting.

~ ~ Edit ~ ~

It stopped melting.
I now know what a blizzard feels like.

Roads are closed, barely got 200m outside and ended up with pockets full of ice pebbles and ice globules falling off my collar.
Definitely a hot chocolate and bad films day.

Stay inside! Stay warm!

Followed someone's posts in to the Lit personals section.

What an odd, wonderful world.

Saw the pics - so glad you're ok.

Thank you.

I'm a survivor. I think you are too and that you will find your rudder again. As will another who wants to remain nameless.

Sail on!

Thank you.

I'm a survivor. I think you are too and that you will find your rudder again. As will another who wants to remain nameless.

Sail on!

Thanks.

And to the nameless other (and anyone else out there floundering about) = :heart::heart:

havent been too chatty lately.

Also glad you made it.

Hope the hellscape that follows gets relatively cleaned up without incident.

It'll be decades if not centuries before this is erased. The amount of burn area is immense. Something like 90-100 square miles is nothing but ash, stumps, and skeletons of dead trees. Most of it is on County land or National Forest and there's no money for reforestation projects. LOTS of money for subsidized housing, free medical programs, and so on, but none for helping Ma Nature do her thing.

We had a similar event in the mid 80's. The fire then burned all the pine trees on the tops of the mountains. There still isn't any new conifer growth up there 30 years later. Nothing but grass, weeds, and groves of burnt tree skeletons.

This will be the same. I can't even go buy 100 seedlings and plant them myself because that's a crime.

Back