"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
4degrees said:
ok, i know my reviews suck, but do you have to publicly say so?

nice av. where'd ya get it?
Your reviews are great, and this thread isn't about what the poets want. It's about what the readers want. ;)

Anna's suggestion is still good for the rest of the forum, though. :D

Lauren Hynde said:
Your reviews are great, and this thread isn't about what the poets want. It's about what the readers want. ;)
Best post of March! And good reminder.

4degrees said:
ok, i know my reviews suck, but do you have to publicly say so?

nice av. where'd ya get it?

Dude, it was not directed at you at all! :eek: I am sorry it seemed that way, I can understand, the timing and placement, etc. I was just reading through the roll calls, and realized I started the thing, and forget to check when I read a new poet's work and wonder to myself "should I give this person a suggestion or a pat on the back" so I thought other people might forget to... when leaving a comment.

I just was not sure where else to put the reminder :eek:

Your reviews do NOT suck, you crazy cat! :catroar: They were really helpful to me today as I had time to peruse the new poems!

I have never before wanted to leave this smilie so much :eek: :eek: :eek: wah

And a good friend of mine, Curt, painted my av, I am glad you like it! It is hanging on my bedroom wall...looks like a flat screen tv with annaswirls channel 24-7. Kind of spooky.

:heart:

Last edited:
annaswirls said:
Thanks for posting an intro here as well as in your thread-- you have the right idea about putting yourself out there and being an active member-- it is the best way to get to know people. Jump right in!

I hope your time here has been valuable so far, and that you enjoy yourself!

Conflagration I think, is limited to the General Boards, but I might be wrong :p

Thanks for the welcome, Anna.

I am enjoying myself and learning.

So I guess I won't see you in any of the tussles, if any should arise?

S&D

Sex&Death said:
Thanks for the welcome, Anna.

I am enjoying myself and learning.

So I guess I won't see you in any of the tussles, if any should arise?

S&D

oh man,
I can never walk by a good tussle
without at least flexing my muscles
dear lord what just happened to me

annaswirls said:
oh man,
I can never walk by a good tussle
without at least flexing my muscles
dear lord what just happened to me

Flex away, O Swirly One...and we'll start a tussle if we have to.

"Do you remember me, Dog? You killed my master when I was a powerless child! But I have studied and trained! Now my Kung Fu is more powerful than yours! Your Fruit Fly style is no match for my Screech Monkey style! You wil certainly die! Heh, heh, heh!"

See, no one can resist my taunts! :p

S&D

hmmm I can't decide if I want sex or death... it is like Baskin Robbins.

I will have a double scoop of sex with some death sprinkles on top please

um did you call me Dog?

Sex&Death said:
Flex away, O Swirly One...and we'll start a tussle if we have to.

"Do you remember me, Dog? You killed my master when I was a powerless child! But I have studied and trained! Now my Kung Fu is more powerful than yours! Your Fruit Fly style is no match for my Screech Monkey style! You wil certainly die! Heh, heh, heh!"

See, no one can resist my taunts! :p

S&D

No, I called you "O Swirly One," though.

Would you mind being called Dog, lassie? I was calling the implied enemy Dog. He is a rogue Shaolin priest turned deadly assassin. My chest heaves a sigh to know I failed utterly in my attempt to paint that picture through connotation. :(

But ice cream - make mine butter rum raisin with sex swirls dipped in death...in a waffle cone - will certainly improve my mood and unheave my chest.

You mean you can't decide if you want Baskin or Robbins, either? <grin>

Sex and death just beg to be reconciled. The only difference in the end, is spelling. The womb and the tomb. There is a tribe, South American, a recorded anthropology report. The youngest of the men and women newly initiated into adulthood are placed in a pit and they are to have the first sex of their adulthood to celebrate the completion of the season's initiation ritual. The pit is covered with logs to form a temple or shrine over them. As they engage in their first coitus the logs are lit afire and then suddenly knocked down to collapse on the young couple at the ecstatic height of their first union, the union of the archetypal masculine and feminine. They are roasted and eaten. Sex, death, rebirth.

S&D

annaswirls said:
hmmm I can't decide if I want sex or death... it is like Baskin Robbins.

I will have a double scoop of sex with some death sprinkles on top please

um did you call me Dog?

Tzara said:
I'm feeling particularly dim-witted this week and seem to have twisted a knee, which isn't helping. So I'll be brief.

Twelve new poems today, a mixture of experienced poets and new talent.
. . .

Rybka, perhaps awakening from winter's doldrums, posts his first poem in some time. The Equinox Experiment is a metrically true (iambic tetrameter, I think) end-rhymed piece that has to my ear a Wordsworthian sound. A nice example of how to write regular rhymed verse without forcing either the meter or the rhyme.
. . .
Gotta find the ibuprofen.
Thank you for the kind mention, Tzara. I would happily accept the Wordsworthian sound, although I thought more Frostian when I wrote it. :)
The poem arose from a discussion on a Florida fishing forum where someone stated that at the equinox the sun rose directly east and set directly west of all observers in Florida. Several of us jumped on this and the suggestion was made that an actual experimental observation should be made with stakes and string; compass and protractor. ~ Hence the poem; telling of my experiment in a New Hampshire meadow.

Hope your knee is better! ;)

annaswirls said:
I am glad! Lit was the first place I publically shared my poetry as well!

me too, anna. what a place this has turned out to be, huh! remember your sidewalk poem? IT was the first of yours that shook me, made me want to just read and consume your work:)

Hey Trendster! Thanks for saying hi and for letting us know where to find your stories!

Bedtime Storyteller said:
Hi everyone....

Some of you may remember me as trendyredhead. I'll still be writing poetry under that name, but all my stories are now located under Bedtime Storyteller. A long and sordid tale that ends with my church finding out and excommunicating me, but best told over a few cold ones.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, as I've been laying low since August.

I do not think I would be able to get to any ecstatic height of anything knowing I was about to be toasted to a crispy sizzling slice of anna bacon!

you did not fail, I was just being a goof, you know, silly banter and that, but please, do not call me dog. I only curl at the feet of one. Lassie is fine, though, I kind of like it.

where is my ice cream damn it

Sex&Death said:
No, I called you "O Swirly One," though.

Would you mind being called Dog, lassie? I was calling the implied enemy Dog. He is a rogue Shaolin priest turned deadly assassin. My chest heaves a sigh to know I failed utterly in my attempt to paint that picture through connotation. :(

But ice cream - make mine butter rum raisin with sex swirls dipped in death...in a waffle cone - will certainly improve my mood and unheave my chest.

You mean you can't decide if you want Baskin or Robbins, either? <grin>

Sex and death just beg to be reconciled. The only difference in the end, is spelling. The womb and the tomb. There is a tribe, South American, a recorded anthropology report. The youngest of the men and women newly initiated into adulthood are placed in a pit and they are to have the first sex of their adulthood to celebrate the completion of the season's initiation ritual. The pit is covered with logs to form a temple or shrine over them. As they engage in their first coitus the logs are lit afire and then suddenly knocked down to collapse on the young couple at the ecstatic height of their first union, the union of the archetypal masculine and feminine. They are roasted and eaten. Sex, death, rebirth.

S&D

Hi! I feel like I responded to this before! Hmm....

Welcome to the poetry world.... I am glad you found this thread, don't feel bad, it took me weeks to even realize there was a poetry forum.

I love brutal honesty! Do me do me!!!

I mean a poem of mine of course... :)

mmmm consider doing an audio poem in French.....

Nostalgy_Prince said:
Hello everyone. I realised I forgot to post an intro somewhere -silly me. :rolleyes:

What you hope to get out of your time at lit (please include level of critique you are looking for)

I have been writing poems in English and French (the latter is my first language) for over 15 years now. I rarely share my work, except with close friends, and then again not always.
I guess I just want a objective idea of the quality of my writing.
I enjoy specific critic, concerning grammar (still trying to write correctly in English), style, wording of quality of the texts.
(Hope my explanation is clear enough)

What do you hope to contribute to the poetry community at literotica? What role do you see yourself playing here?

In all honesty? I’m not sure I can contribute that much. I’m brutally honest sometimes, I hope it counts for something.

How would you describe your writing?
Mainly sensual and/or visual writing. I tend to write as it comes, not really working on my texts. Most of my work is dark, or in an almost “MarySue” style. I’m trying to change that slowly.

URL to your work at lit, personal website etc.
Here's my work so far:

Not much so far, but working on it

Maria2394 said:
me too, anna. what a place this has turned out to be, huh! remember your sidewalk poem? IT was the first of yours that shook me, made me want to just read and consume your work:)

I do remember that sidewalk poem. hmmmm What happened to it? I think I need to edit it somewhere. Got some great suggestions. Your feeding the winter solstice did it for me

annaswirls said:
Hi! I feel like I responded to this before! Hmm....

Welcome to the poetry world.... I am glad you found this thread, don't feel bad, it took me weeks to even realize there was a poetry forum.

Look at the time stamp under my name.. took me 3 years to remember I registered here :D

I love brutal honesty! Do me do me!!!

I mean a poem of mine of course... :)

I woulnd't dream of doing anything else .. or should i? :kiss:

mmmm consider doing an audio poem in French.....

Weeeeeeelllllllllll maybe one day ... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back