Which gun do I use?

I'm not afraid of guns.... but an armed idiot really is a scary thing!


I hunt and I shoot for recreational purposes.

I think that the Danish system, where you can get the guns you need for "honorable purposes" but we are quite strict regarding getting the permits, is working quite satisfactorily.
We have very little armed violence, and that is primarily criminals shooting each other with illegal weapons.
(They could need some training though. They are really bad shots!)

We could send you some of our criminals. we have plenty in every major city. They seem a bit crowded and irritable, perhaps they would enjoy your wide open spaces?

They aren't good shots either and don't know much about guns...as long as it is cheap and shiny, they are content.
 
In order for this next story to work, my last job was working in research on gun violence in America. Some of the conclusions that came from our studies were quite shocking.

Here are some statistics I made up:

- You're more likely to get bitten by a shark and struck by lightning than getting shot with a gun.

- The number of people who own guns is less than the number of people who have a venereal disease.

- More money is spent per year on fist shaped dildos and anal lube than guns and ammo combined.

- If you refuse to consider deaths and flesh wounds, guns are considered less harmful than a slinky.

- The size a the gun is inversely proportional to the size of the owner's dick. There is also a correlation here between ownership of Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes.


graphwrite.aspx
 
In order for this next story to work, my last job was working in research on gun violence in America. Some of the conclusions that came from our studies were quite shocking.

Here are some statistics I made up:

- You're more likely to get bitten by a shark and struck by lightning than getting shot with a gun.

- The number of people who own guns is less than the number of people who have a venereal disease.

- More money is spent per year on fist shaped dildos and anal lube than guns and ammo combined.

- If you refuse to consider deaths and flesh wounds, guns are considered less harmful than a slinky.

- The size a the gun is inversely proportional to the size of the owner's dick. There is also a correlation here between ownership of Camaros, Mustangs and Corvettes.


graphwrite.aspx
2 things

-1- you can really only turn OFF the TV with a gun, and that only once (ask Elvis.)
-2- in my experience men who carry large weapons usually do,
 
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"


The intention was never to use guns as toy, sports or tool, but to protect the state. The constitution was never about shooting trespassers.

Not sure what world you learned about in history class but, in point of fact, they didn't have "guns" but muskets. Muskets weren't used primarily for "protecting the state," but for getting dinner or protecting your family from a wandering bear or the like. It also came in handy when you had to put down a lame horse.
So, in affect, they were "tools" back then.

They DID have pistols, which, actually WERE used for sports, and while starting a horse race was a rare occasion, for two men to stand at 20 paces and duel with pistols; wasn't so rare. Does blood sports still constitute "sports?" I'd say yes.
They also had blunderbusses which was a form of handgun, or actually a hand cannon, but that was mostly issued to military people and was the favorite on-board pirate ships, but those were shorter versions which were more correctly called "Dragons" which developed into "dragoons" which is where that military unit got it's name.

It's true that the constitution wasn't about shooting trespassers, but in those days, if a father told his kids, the unlocked musket up over the fireplace isn't to be touched, his kids didn't touch it. Likewise, people didn't need signs to deter trespassers, because no one would think to do it. Despite every household had a musket freely available, no kid ever took it and in a bout of bored depression, shot up the local schoolhouse.

Then again, back then they also used to have public pillaries, branding, wooden horses (I forget their proper name), and simple hangings to deter socially unacceptable behaviors, so people didn't need to worry about trespassers.

But you are right, a gun was never meant to be a toy. They did have toy swords for kids back then though.
 
I vote for a .22 rifle. A shot gun will create too much mess. Take care in disposal, especially with the brain matter. Go for a few good clean chest shots.
 
This started as a very amusing thread. It was nice reading the different cultural perspectives on feral animals and the calm discussion about gun ownership without the holier-than-thou judgment. And then........... Yes I own gun's. Why? Because I can and I want to!! The same reason I bought my smartphone, laptop, flat screen TV, car, truck, etc.....MY CHOICE! Don't like it? To bad!!

The unknown or unfamiliar causes the most fear. Don't judge others because of your own fear.
 
A raccoon doesn't have to be rabid to show it's teeth and act aggressive. They are nasty bad tempered animals. They habituate to humans readily. You no longer become an enemy but a nuisance to them.

Best bet. Raccoon proof your house and garbage. I don't think of it as animal rights. Its more, what gives us the right.

Next bet. County/municipality animal control.

If you insist. Use the biggest fucking shotgun you got with the biggest load. What do you care if the meat and pelt are spoilt? Coons have baggy skin. Get a stick with a Y at end. Screw it into the fur. Pick it up. Dispose of in double heavy duty garbage bag. Wash hands thoroughly.
 
Half cup of Golden Malrin with 8 ounces of cola and the coon dies on the spot. This mix will kill anything that drinks it. So if there are pets around it may not be a good idea. Put it out only at night.
 
Back
Top