The Literotica Tag team competition?

Depends on the author, some are more wordy than others, and some of us wish we could be that wordy sometimes.

That might be a serious handicap for LC :D

Not really.

I write 13,500 and generously leave the other 1500 for my partner.:D

I agree on stand alone. But I see no reason for a max/min word count. Others can weigh in on this.

I don't really see the point of a max/min count, some of us are better at longer and some are better at shorter so no point in handicapping people with a word count.

I'd prefer irrefutable criteria for judging. Spelling, grammar, punctuation worth 1.0 point; conflict, crisis, resolution worth one point; is the story worth the candle? does it really matter if its resolved? who fucking cares? worth one point; does the story suck you in so you forget about the time or washing the dog-worth one point; reading satisfaction-would you read it again? worth 1.0 point.

I could fix up a rubric.

I don't really see the point of a max/min count, some of us are better at longer and some are better at shorter so no point in handicapping people with a word count.

Looking around I see that story lengths vary between 1K and 8K, with 4K the medium. What can you read in one gulp? Magazines like 1/4 to 2 1/4 LIT pages. And it better not be like pulling KP overnite at Fort Lovecraft on Christmas Eve.

Imposing a count could add some serious friction between partners, and not the good kind. We want quality stories, not what's left after we ran out of words. I'm just imagining a lot of after-the-fact "I wanted to do this, but..."

Maybe in the future, but for this one, I think working well with others is enough of a challenge. This isn't Project Runway. We're not competing for a million dollars.

Not a bad idea on the same name we'll decide what we should call this.

Personally "Erotic Couplings" would not be a bad "author name" for this one.

as for the time frame? Its the 23rd. I say we hash out all the details by March 1st and the stories post(with laurel's help and okay) on April 1st(talk about some April fools!) but that is a Tuesday. Friday seems to have great results-and you're close to the new list for the weekend- so maybe we do April 4th.

Sounds doable. A whole month should work. I'm in.

I agree on stand alone. But I see no reason for a max/min word count. Others can weigh in on this.

Nope, I agree. I think stand alone is only fair, but I don't necessarily see the word count as important and again, I'm not sure it particularly gives any team an advantage.*

*Unless the point is to work within the word count; that it's part of the rules, but that should probably be a different contest or exercise.

Not really.

I write 13,500 and generously leave the other 1500 for my partner.:D

I generally write stories series that go well over 500k words, so length isn't a problem for me. I was thinking that curtailing it to 15k would make us wordy writers tighten up on word usage and those that are stifled to get back 5k-7.5k have a chance to learn to go past that.

Maybe a 20k limit and each writer has to do 10k each? I'm looking at it as an exercise and not a contest of any kind. Judging should be based more on the compatibility of both writers producing the best story.

This is an interesting idea. Is there a minimum skill level required to participate?

It'd have to be a were-rabbit, obviously. Or, well, the other type of rabbit... :devil:

Another perv!

Jeez you ladies can make something dirty out of everything can't you?

Well of course you can! That's why we love you!

I could fix up a rubric.

Hahaha I was going to suggest the same thing however we call them "A guide to making judgments" in our schools now.

I am happy to help PatientLee come up with rubric/guide to making judgments criteria for the judges. It could be a simple five grade scale like at school A-E. That would mean there could be more than one winner and if any pairing knew the judge well, they could play to their kink.

Should the judges be anonymous as well?

I thought this would be more about the collaboration than the outcome, and the discussion here, after the event, rather than winners or losers, so I will go with whatever the majority decides and help out with whatever you need :)

Hahaha I was going to suggest the same thing however we call them "A guide to making judgments" in our schools now.

I am happy to help PatientLee come up with rubric/guide to making judgments criteria for the judges. It could be a simple five grade scale like at school A-E. That would mean there could be more than one winner and if any pairing knew the judge well, they could play to their kink.

I thought this would be more about the collaboration than the outcome, and the discussion here, after the event, rather than winners or losers, so I will go with whatever the majority decides and help out with whatever you need :)

It can be, I mentioned initially it can be just an exercise. We can decide if we want to have some bragging rights and if so is it simply score or some judging?

Personally I think the after discussions will be something to look forward to.

Another fun aspect will be while the stories are up(I say we give a week before calling it done) will be trying to guess who is who and who they are working with.

A double-blind assessment is the way to go. The writers don't know the judges, and the judges don't know the writers. LAUREL and LADY VER are two competent critics. GLYNNDAH, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can be, I mentioned initially it can be just an exercise. We can decide if we want to have some bragging rights and if so is it simply score or some judging?

Personally I think the after discussions will be something to look forward to.

Another fun aspect will be while the stories are up(I say we give a week before calling it done) will be trying to guess who is who and who they are working with.

I thought it was more an exercise than a contest, although it can always be fun to compare scores.

I thought it was more an exercise than a contest, although it can always be fun to compare scores.

I think it should be like that. There can be something for the top score. Maybe they get to hold the "tag team belt" until the next time we do this(if it goes well enough to warrant a second time)

I think the regular scoring could be fair enough. We can mention things like highest vote total and most comments as well.

Okay so xelliebabex has generously offered to upload the stories.

These can still be anonymous to her. Its not like she will know our e-mails and nothing in the story should say who we are.

So Ladyver will handle the pairing and xelliebabex will upload.

Is everyone here okay with that?

Of course she can still enter as well if she chooses, I don't see an issue with that, she will only know which story is hers and her partners.

For a simple little exercise this has become rather complex.

We may want to step back and look a the initial proposal.

Two authors, in most cases, unknown to each other, are paired off to write a story that will be posted in the Erotic Couplings category. (That is a wide open category and almost anything erotic could be posted there with the trump exceptions.)

No real rules, except: standalone (no chapters), fresh material. (I think that should cover it) (Maybe impose a word limit? [15k to 25k])

Judges? We have over a million judges who may or may not read, vote, comment on the stories submitted. Do we need a set of independent councils(is that right?) to determine a psuedo-winner of an exercise.

------

Having not read many other's stories here, I'm interested in working with someone to maybe see if not only am I doing it right, but to just take a peek into someone else's process.

The simpler something is the better it will turn out.

------

ETA: The authors chosen to pair and submit are find with me.

For a simple little exercise this has become rather complex.

We may want to step back and look a the initial proposal.

Two authors, in most cases, unknown to each other, are paired off to write a story that will be posted in the Erotic Couplings category. (That is a wide open category and almost anything erotic could be posted there with the trump exceptions.)

No real rules, except: standalone (no chapters), fresh material. (I think that should cover it) (Maybe impose a word limit? [15k to 25k])

Judges? We have over a million judges who may or may not read, vote, comment on the stories submitted. Do we need a set of independent councils(is that right?) to determine a psuedo-winner of an exercise.

------

Having not read many other's stories here, I'm interested in working with someone to maybe see if not only am I doing it right, but to just take a peek into someone else's process.

The simpler something is the better it will turn out.

------

ETA: The authors chosen to pair and submit are find with me.

Everything you say sounds like what I'd like to see. The judges can be the votes and I think "pseudo winner" is a good term, nothing is really at stake here.

But what it is, is a way to try to grow as writers and also a way to maybe get some camaraderie going, get to know someone else a little better beyond the posting persona.

And like you said, it will be interesting to kind of get in the head of someone else and see what their process is.

Back