Authors! Sign in here!

As a published author of some 1200 stories, I can tell you that any writing is writing. It hones the craft and your ability to be a wordsmith. Erotica gives you a chance to be imaginative and have fun. I hope to write in other genres as well, but I still enjoy the process.

I can also say with confidence that several well-known authors have written erotica. Numbering among them are Robert Silverberg, Harlan Ellison and Anne Rice.

BrettJ in Canada
 
I thought a thread wherein the authors that post or lurk at the board introduce themselves and their preferred story categories, it would be helpful to those seeking story writers.

What say you, sexy lit authors?

:D

Hello all. :)

I have recently submitted a tale to the Letters & Transcripts category and plan on writing more. (I see the letter as a prologue to a series of mishaps. :) )

I do not forsee me having a problem writing any of the categories this site offers. (In fact, the site may have more limits than I. :eek: )

I look forward to getting to know more members here though our postings!
 
We, the more prolific, wel-cum you, the new arrivals with the same kind of enthusiasm we were greeted with in the earlier days of LIT. Enjoy the experience of the craft and share with us whatever you like.

BrettJ in Canada
 
Greetings Programs!

Alternatively, Hi Everybody!

My SN is Armphid, though the people I know on Lit mostly call me Arm for short, and I've got no problem with it. I have done a lot of posting on Lit but little writing or posting of stories, most of what I've done has been in the RP forums.

I do write and have written and posted some erotic stories, though not on Lit. If anyone's curious, they're on adultfanfiction.net and here's a link: http://games.adultfanfiction.net/authors.php?no=1296868530

It's been a while since I've done any writing though, partly due to RL kicking up and because of some personal issues but I want to get back into it and come up with some good, sexy works. I've been on Lit for years and it seems kind of silly now that I don't have a single story posted here.

I have a huge assortment of kinks and interests and most of what I haven't heard of I'd probably be curious about once I'd heard it. Things I like to read/write about or would like to write about include: couples, groups/orgies, anal, oral, vaginal, interracial (though for me this usually becomes inter-species in a fantasy or sci fi situation), transgender, transformation, non-consent/coercion (a newer one for me, I stayed away from it until more recently), breast play, BDSM, abduction/kidnapping, enslavement, gay/lesbian/bisexual/pan-sexual, exhibitionism/voyeurism/public, incest (minor), role playing (within a story, the characters going the role playing), games/dares, Amazonian/physically powerful women, aliens, monsters, magical beings/creatures, superhumans/heroes, humiliation (to a certain extent), age differences, and many more.

Most of my writing carries some fantasy or sci fi elements to it. I'm also interested in mythology and using elements from it in what I do. Not to say that stories without those elements aren't great or something I would do either, I just haven't yet.

The things that don't interest me are fairly limited: cuckolding and it's feminine equivalent, racist themes, extreme humiliation/degradation, non-sexual torture, blood/gore, non-sexual body fluids, cheating, and generally anything I perceive as mean spirited or pointlessly vicious or devaluing. That clashes with some of the things I mentioned that I like, I know, but I don't claim to make sense. I also hate vampires; not that I won't have them in a story, but they'll be monsters and they'll die. Terrible of me, right?

I'm looking to get back into the swing of writing and get some new stories up on Lit. I would welcome any advice people have or story ideas, as I have a few that are very roughly fleshed out at best.

Good luck to us all!
 
Hi everybody!

I'm new and I just wanted to say Hi. :cattail:

I just write little snippets sometimes, little story sketches. The times I write about ordinary plots, the stories end up with some strong sexual themes, and the times I've deliberately set out to write an erotic story it turned into something plot heavy with some enduring characters.

I decided to join Literotica because I enjoyed the articles on writing advice very much, and I look forward to further developing my writing.
 
Welcome to the site.

I can easily say that after having written some 360+ stories here and some 1200 for my publisher, rarely does a story go exactly as planned. The story or the characters will take control and demand to be told in a manner that often surprises even the author.

I always advise new authors to read things over and "hear" their dialog. If it sounds phony to you, it will to the reader. NEVER force a story, let it unfold.

Best of luck

BrettJ in Canada
 
Thanks Brett :)

In which area would I post a request for the community's opinions on a characterization issue I'm having trouble with?

P :cattail:
 
There are several writer's blogs / sites on LIT that might be able to help you, this one included. Go to the main discussion board and scroll through, find one that works for you.

Characterization comes under what I said earlier - you can't force it.

BrettJ in Canada
 
Greetings to one and all!

Finally followed my impulses and joined up to Literotica. It seemed a saucy way to get a little feedback in my writing. It can be a very solitary activity and any interaction always peps my muse right up.

Onwards!
 
Good day, eh? (sorry, couldn't resist) We are also both November babies, although yours is near the end and mine's smack-dab in the middle.

You will get feedback on your writing, but don't expect it. The LIT readers are a lot lazier than they used to be (although it's changing back slowly as I have noticed of late - but I am also highly productive)

Best of luck Cactus.

BrettJ in Canada - near Toronto

PS - there are several forums worth joining out here that authors post on - including my own. Once you are comfortable, it is also a good idea to post links to your work, as you see with mine.
 
Hello everyone!!!

I'm, KittyFlower, My real name is Violet. I'm new to these forums however I have posted 6 stories on Literotica. I have a 5 part series (soon to be continued) and a story by itself. I am a bisexual, 21 years old woman with a 4 year old daughter and I am divorced. I have come to the forums looking to find story ideas that will make me as a writer to push myself and write things I've never thought of writing before. The only type of story I won't write are the incest/ taboo. Those things gross me out so they are not for me to write. Always feel free to message me if you have ideas or have input on my stories I have posted. I'm a very open person so no need to worry. Have a great day!! <3
 
Hello all! I am an experienced writer of erotica (though a bit out of practice) who has made the painful decision to divorce myself from my previous works because of some bad experiences associated with the communities I once made them a part of. I hope to be writing again soon, and may come to this board for inspiration, at least until I get back on my feet. While I love RP, it tends to get me into trouble with guys trying to probe me for more information than they should! I have a medium-to-high-profile career, so please respect my privacy insofar as my name and location (Midwestern girl by birth, as many of you fellow mid-westerners can probably figure out!).

I really enjoy writing erotic literature, but what is more important to me is the feedback, and finding my place in the community! I hope to share some truly enjoyable experiences with you all, both via pen and time spent together! *hugs*

Now for the details:
I am best at writing within *somewhat* realistic scenarios. While I may enjoy fantasy, I know my own limitations as a writer and will not bore you all trying to create fantastic works.
I write REALISTICALLY! Not every woman is a total slut, and not every man has a 12-inch penis! If that is all you are interested in reading about, find someone else's stories to read!
I do not enjoy writing about fictional characters created by others, particularly those with very little depth of their own, such as cartoon characters. While I have spent some time writing fanfics, I did not find it to be a particularly rewarding experience.
I may include many elements in my stories that may make people uncomfortable, but I do not write stories that focus on scat or gore. I will try to give a reasonable warning ahead of time about any elements that will turn away some readers, but sometimes the element of surprise may be lost by doing so. If you are open-minded and wish to have the most enjoyable experience with my works, you can skip the clearly-marked introductions. I may, at some point, write stories involving events in my life, and you may find some interesting information within the introduction that enhance the experience in those cases, but it may balance best to read the introduction after the story. I'll figure out something...

If you like my writing, or just want to challenge me with a new topic or idea, let me know and I will do my best to bring your ideas to life! I don't *think* I need an editor, but if someone wants to volunteer, I am open to working with someone that is willing to work WITH me, not someone who just wants to hack a bunch of changes in without asking for my opinion.
 
Best of luck KIKORO. I've got almost 400 on here (aiming for that by my anniversary) and have written some 1300 for my career. The process is always fun, although deadlines suck big-time. I hope you get lots of positive results this time - don't let the trolls drive you away, there are ways of dealing with them!

BrettJ in Canada
 
Here!

I'm Daryl, 21 year old college student in Monterey, California. My friends say I have an old soul. I say otherwise. Storiest is my Lit name, I have two stories up, one semi-autobiographical, one the start of a big fantasy series. I can and love to write anything, but deep kink and fetish is what I like to explore mainly.

I write slow and deliberately, editing myself for better or for worse. I'm full of ideas but I aim to please so give me an idea and we'll be in correspondence. I have written personal stories for other people on Lit, it's how I got started on here, but they were personal and not posted.

Message me if you want.
 
Ahem. Ah, Howdy. Is this thing on? :D

So, I was driven out of my career by advanced Parkinson's. They tell me that the speed my symptoms are advancing is not a good sign. I could sit around all day and twiddle my thumbs, while I wait for the inevitable. Which a certain bitch would certainly enjoy. No, really. She has four paws and a tail and is resting her chin on my mouse as I try to type.

However, I needed something to hold the grey matter from turning to tapioca just a little longer and thought I'd give writing yet another try. Since I'm a recovering sex addict, erotic writing just seemed a natural pull.

For 2013, assuming they have a survivor contest after this years apparently poor turn out, I plan on doing my damndest to sweep the thing with 1 submission per day. Although obviously, I can't know each days submission will be accepted.

Look forward to seeing ya'll around. And, please, if you have a comment on something I've written, don't be shy. My skin is so thick subtle criticism would probably be missed entirely. ;)
 
I wish you good luck with your writing Acktion. I left - although happily because I loathed it - my former career due to an illness / injury from which I won't actually recover. I found myself writing again and it lead to the second career which I much prefer. One never knows!

Keep fighting the good fight

BrettJ in Canada
 
I thought a thread wherein the authors that post or lurk at the board introduce themselves and their preferred story categories, it would be helpful to those seeking story writers.

What say you, sexy lit authors?

:D

Hi all. :) While it's not my real name, ya'll can call me Rubi. It's a nickname that I have had for quite a while now. :eek: I am a thirty-five year old woman (born on the Summer Solstice and follower of the Sabbats) who is a single mom. I am bisexual and adore men and women almost equally, though I tend to be more naturally submissive around men and slightly more dominant around women.

I work in the service industry and tend to feel horny all day long while surrounded by men. It's the "manly man" type that turns me on. Big, tough, rugged, faicial hair - or, at least, stubble - Etc.

I plan to be an author here and have many ideas sworming around my head, and also plan to be active here in this board. :) I don't forsee a problem writing in any of the categories of this site, though my favorites would probably be BDSM, Fetish (more specifically golden showers, body part worship, calling a man "daddy" or the role play aspect of incest as the character's fetish, maybe cuckoldery but probably from the female's POV of enjoying her bull more-so than her man's humiliation, and then breaking down fetishy aspects of BDSM like focusing on humiliation, breast bondage, sensory deprivation, etc), incest, group sex, and bisexual men and women.

I am not apposed to writing "custom" stories for those who request; however, I obviously have to have an interest in your idea in order to do so. I'm not looking for that "dreaded school assignment" that I don't even want to work on. So, please understand and respect that if we don't mesh. :eek:




*This post is being copy/pasted to the other "welcome" thread too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello RUBI and welcum to the site.

Don't write for others. Write for yourself and others will find you. At least, that is my advice and I think I know what I'm talking about.

Should you wish to chat, ask questions or PM, I am frequently here.

BrettJ - writer of Erotica in Canada
 
Hi Brett, and thanks for the welcome! :) I would say that I mostly do/will write for myself, but as I mentioned I am not apposed to "writing for others" if I enjoy their idea/topic. After all, I have noticed that a lot of the threads in this board really are "requests" from a reader more-so than a "collective idea".
 
I don't mind suggestions from my readers RUBI but if I do that too often, I feel I'd be losing my own creative spark.

I have also joined the LIT contest this year just to challenge myself a bit. Stretch my boundaries, so to speak.

Currently writing as I send this, trying to finish two pieces in 3 hours and under deadline pressures.

BrettJ in Canada
 
Yikes! Good luck with the deadlines! :) That's always been a weak point for me. :eek:
 
I do this for a living RUBI and kept getting sick over the holidays. I am over 2 weeks behind and should be well into my 2013 work by now. I take my deadlines seriously and want to get my groove back soon.

BrettJ in Canada
 
I had a little shock earlier today (based on my own stupidity) so I am wider awake than I would have been. About 700 some-odd words shy of finishing this one and 1 left for today. The next one is a bondage / Master type story, haven't really written too many of those.

BrettJ in Canada
 
Greetings,

I'm not a shiny new Lit author - my first post was in spring '12 - but I have been a reader for years and love sifting through the gravel to find those rare sparkling gems. As a writer my interests drift toward power exchange relationships. I am an obsessive self-editor, so that coupled to a full-time job and other hobby/interests makes my story output rate low. I have two stories up, a third nearing completion, and more ideas than I can ever write.

The best thing a Lit participant can do is read, vote, and COMMENT. Feedback is essential for us to improve (and stroke or squash our egos as appropriate). To this end, e-mails and PMs are welcome.
 
Back
Top