A May Writing Fling

GoldenMaia

Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 21, 2007
Posts
243
I would like to 'host' a writing contest for the month of May.

As May 4 is 'Star Wars Day', I think it is fitting that the stories should fit into the Sci-Fi & Fantasy category. This is also a category that doesn't get a ton of love.

Stories can be submitted starting on May 1, 2016 and authors will report their score, favs and views on June 1!

The only 'prize' will be a silly (I mean AWESOME) icon I make, and bragging rights.

The next 'real' contest is Nude day in July so this shouldn't get in the way of authors writing for the money.

What say you? Is this idea too weak? Are you interested? There's the whole month of April for people to tap in here to say they want in on this action. (To see if people are interested in giving this a go.)
 
I love this idea and I love sci-fi! Reading and writing. Count me in!
 
I didn't think I'd have time for this (great idea, thank you) and I know nothing about Sci Fi but an idea came to me I would love to try. Count me in if you're doing it. Thanks GM
 
I really have fun writing Sci-Fi. Yes I'll join in on this one, when is the start date and deadline for this little experiment?

I should disclose, I have all my story feedback turned off, so I'm glad comment numbers are not included in the end result.
 
Since there was no response, i'm out.... PEACE!

I don't come here every day. Sorry my response is not timely enough.

As my original post said:

'Stories can be submitted starting on May 1, 2016 and authors will report their score, favs and views on June 1!'

Sorry you won't be joining us. :(
 
I don't come here every day. Sorry my response is not timely enough.

As my original post said:

'Stories can be submitted starting on May 1, 2016 and authors will report their score, favs and views on June 1!'

Sorry you won't be joining us. :(

No I'm sorry, its my fault, I didn't read through the information thoroughly.

I will submit a story.
 
Last edited:
Some Sci-Fi inspiration, anyone?

Great idea - I enjoy so many of the SciFi entries. Sheablue's and MSTarot's in the Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge which Lynn so kindly organised were brilliant.

I came across this article a while back, about spaceships made from living trees. (If anyone is very keen, I'll try to photo the whole thing and put it up more clearly.) What an irony that would be! if we developed technology to escape a dying planet powered by the plant-life we are killing off.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Space tree.jpg
    Space tree.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
Ooh! I like this idea!

I will get to ruminating and hopefully I'll have something to submit (if you go ahead with it). :)

Since you mentioned Star wars, are you looking at more sci-fi or fantasy?

My mind goes to futuristic/dystopian/technologically advanced at sci-fi and mythological and medieval at fantasy.
 
Ooh! I like this idea!

I will get to ruminating and hopefully I'll have something to submit (if you go ahead with it). :)

Since you mentioned Star wars, are you looking at more sci-fi or fantasy?

My mind goes to futuristic/dystopian/technologically advanced at sci-fi and mythological and medieval at fantasy.

Well, this might be a little contest, but for people joining in, I hope we'll have a bit of fun.

I am totally ok with all things fantasy and sci-fi. From soft and fluffy fantasy to super hard boiled sci-fi!

It is already a small subject with a small readership so we will have our challenges. Might as well have fun.
 
Well, this might be a little contest, but for people joining in, I hope we'll have a bit of fun.

I am totally ok with all things fantasy and sci-fi. From soft and fluffy fantasy to super hard boiled sci-fi!

It is already a small subject with a small readership so we will have our challenges. Might as well have fun.

Of course!

Sorry I didn't mean to imply I was being serious.

:D
 
This contest is big, huge. We're gonna make Literotica great again! :D
 
Last edited:
Oh, why the hell not.

I'll start with a couple of lines of computer code and then;

Hello world.

Thank God. All these flip flops look a lot different from in here. I'm not sure if this started when I died or if it started when I was twelve and overheard my aunt saying she didn't want to be buried because she didn't want worms to eat her eyes. I donated my body to science. But, I should have read the fine print.

No, I'm not a vampire or a zombie of any sort. Actually, I'm a disembodied brain floating in a nutrient bath with probes stuck in it.


and see where it goes. Maybe I'll have something Laurel will let me post by 01May (assuming we can keep the electricity and internet on)
 
I'm working very slowly on something. It won't be ready by May 1st, probably, but hopefully within the first week!
 
OK, I'll give it a shot.

I feel like I owe the SciFi readership something anyway. A few weeks ago I attempted to post a story to Romance but Laurel thought it fit better in SciFi and moved it. Had I been writing specifically for that audience I probably would have done it differently. Not surprisingly, it is my lowest rated story to date. I'd like to try to give them something more to their tastes.
 
Ooooohhh, a contest that fits my shtick.

I'll throw my hat in. I've been contemplating a few one shot ideas within my established universe. Does it need to be a proper space opera, or does the mere presence of advanced tech and cute ayy lmaos satisfy the requirements?
 
Woot-Woot!

Well alright ;)

Sadly between my muse being a complete jerk-face and life obligations, I have no smut to put in the race.

HOWEVER -- The contest is still on for those who want to join AND if you're in the same boat as I am, you have the whole month to put your story up. (Yes yes, those who put their stories up first might have a better chance of more views/votes/whatever but that's what happens.)

So, people who are joining the contest, please put the title of your story up on here when you get it posted so we can read them!

I hope to have mine finished in enough time to have a dog in the race but we'll see!

Ok: GO!
 
I'm in

OK, for better or for worse, I've just submitted my offering. It's called "Virtual Life Experience."

I really have no sense of how this one will do. Sci-Fi is a little out of my experience zone, and I really don't understand the readers in that category well enough to have confidence.

Has anyone else submitted yet?
 
Congrats. I'm still working on mine, hopefully be posting this week.


OK, for better or for worse, I've just submitted my offering. It's called "Virtual Life Experience."

I really have no sense of how this one will do. Sci-Fi is a little out of my experience zone, and I really don't understand the readers in that category well enough to have confidence.

Has anyone else submitted yet?
 
Back
Top