The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
Exhale (After-Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice): 1-866-439-4253

Please share with everyone, you never know who might need it.:kiss::heart:

I added a link to this post in my sig. I think it's an awesome post and with all the folks that lurk, and frequent Lit. and with all of us poster posting here and there linking it is just one more way to help women and men when the voices of Lit. are all they think are listening.

Thank you for sharing all of this.

~ Red

I could do it, but I'm not going to because it doesn't seem right, but if I was the type to slide in at the end I could most likely make a couple hundred bucks. It just seems wrong. I'll enter next year (maybe).

I added a link to this post in my sig. I think it's an awesome post and with all the folks that lurk, and frequent Lit. and with all of us poster posting here and there linking it is just one more way to help women and men when the voices of Lit. are all they think are listening.

Thank you for sharing all of this.

~ Red

It is important to have connection when the dark seems like all there is.
When the people around you let you down and all seems hopeless. We all have that very human element of connection. I believe that our need for each other is an unconscious reaction to the fact that we all are one when you strip away everything, this craving is the nudge that pushes us to seek. While most of us seek outward our true journey is within to reach that connection with others. It is there but we have to give up the body mind(Maya) to experience it. In that place there is nothing but joy and happiness, we live in the now with no internal dialogue. We see when we are quiet. Of course shutting down my mind is a nearly impossible, it chatters so.:D

Mostly I deal with local issues here in Florida. I have a listing all the local "help" lines here that I have shared with the Gay,lesbian, and transgendered community. When a person shared the above posting it seemed like a good idea to me.

It is important to have connection when the dark seems like all there is.
When the people around you let you down and all seems hopeless. We all have that very human element of connection. I believe that our need for each other is an unconscious reaction to the fact that we all are one when you strip away everything, this craving is the nudge that pushes us to seek. While most of us seek outward our true journey is within to reach that connection with others. It is there but we have to give up the body mind(Maya) to experience it. In that place there is nothing but joy and happiness, we live in the now with no internal dialogue. We see when we are quiet. Of course shutting down my mind is a nearly impossible, it chatters so.:D

Mostly I deal with local issues here in Florida. I have a listing all the local "help" lines here that I have shared with the Gay,lesbian, and transgendered community. When a person shared the above posting it seemed like a good idea to me.

I understand what you're saying and agree with you. :rose:

It's definitely a good idea to share it, and very glad you did.

Rudolf, you've changed!

I bought a three-CD set of Christmas Carols and songs from a charity shop today. Also in the case was "Big Hits 98", none of which I recognise and they are all by session artists.

But the puzzling song is Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Neither my wife nor I can positively identify the language in which the choir is singing. We would recognise most main European languages and our best guess is that the lyrics are in Finnish.

Why? Every other track is in English.

My nearly-5 year old granddaughter (her 5th birthday is on Christmas Eve) would like to sing along to Rudolf, but she won't manage this version...

A week from Saturday, on the 17th, I'll be testing for my first degree black belt.

Y'all cross your fingers for me. :)

You will kick the ass:heart:

Good luck!
you won't need it tho...you'll kik ass, cloud warrior :)

Thanks, I just want to live through it....not pass out right in the middle of it. Y'all don't realize how absolutely brutal this damn test is. They intentionally make it that way so that it weeds out those that don't have the heart or the guts to go the entire distance.

I went to the evaluation/prep class Friday night and was so sore Saturday morning that it was hard to get out of bed.

I dread it.

Thanks, I just want to live through it....not pass out right in the middle of it. Y'all don't realize how absolutely brutal this damn test is. They intentionally make it that way so that it weeds out those that don't have the heart or the guts to go the entire distance.

I went to the evaluation/prep class Friday night and was so sore Saturday morning that it was hard to get out of bed.

I dread it.

I've known you long enough, and this may be hard, but by damn, you will succeed.:heart:

I've known you long enough, and this may be hard, but by damn, you will succeed.:heart:

I was talking with Sensei after class Friday, and he asked me how old I was. I said that the mind was willing but sometimes the body was in an uncooperative mood. That said, if I pass out (I told him), it will be in the middle of a kata, working my ass off, and not as I walk off the dojo floor because I gave up.

He laughed, said that's what he liked to hear, and then hugged me. Hey....if he can do it - he's 72 - I can do it, right?

please say I'm right....please, please, please

I was talking with Sensei after class Friday, and he asked me how old I was. I said that the mind was willing but sometimes the body was in an uncooperative mood. That said, if I pass out (I told him), it will be in the middle of a kata, working my ass off, and not as I walk off the dojo floor because I gave up.

He laughed, said that's what he liked to hear, and then hugged me. Hey....if he can do it - he's 72 - I can do it, right?

Bloody well right :rose:

you WILL do it.

You are right! :)

Why does it seem like all of the best looking and most compatible women live outside a reasonable travel radius for dating? Or better yet, why do I live in the absolute worst spot for dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back