The Island Lost

Avellan13

WINNING!!
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Posts
3,850
Welcome to the Island. A tropical paradise where one can find almost anything they want. The Island is a life changing place that contains mysteries, awe-inspiring views, and many sites. All are welcome too the Island.

1105.jpg
http://t2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJIEWODHsI65eFlK0s38FECIJSL2hBeGcEsa-DXfx_5x1wgUrGCA

Geography
Island is 60 km (40 mi) north to south, and about 45 km (30 mi) east to west. The diameter of the Island has been shown to be a several-days' walk. The Island has many different geographical zones.

lost_island_map_lostysmurf.png


There is a very distinctive coastline comprised mostly of beach sand.
Jungle and forest seem to make up most of the interior of the Island. Although they run together, there are distinct differences between them: the forest appears to be more sparse, with smaller trees; while the jungle appears to be more dense, with more hanging vines over-head.
There are mountains throughout the Island, including at least one volcano in the south. There are two main ridges, both stretching from north to south. The valley between the mountain ridges contains rivers, streams, and waterfalls. Part of it is known as the North Valley.
Open fields are common on the Island.
Among the Island's vegetation are Banyan trees and fruit-bearing mango, papaya, and guava plants. There are also bananas, passion fruit, coconuts and some star fruit.

The Village
The Village is an extremely well kept area with neatly mowed and watered lawns. Attractive concrete pathways wind their way between the buildings lined with what appear to be solar-powered garden lights. Several white picket fences denote various yards and garden areas. There are 40 residential buildings, a lunch room, a park/recreation area, and also an bar that's attended by Ethan (An Employee.)

Houses - Each house looks almost alike. A front room, about 30 ft X 40 ft, that contains 2 couches, a table, and a TV. A kitchen is also apart of the front room that contains a dinner table. A small hallway heads back and has 2 doors, on to the left and one to the right. The right door leads to a bedroom, 15 ft X 12 ft, with a queen sized bed, a closet, and a dresser. The left door leads to the bathroom. There are 5 houses open for anyone who wants to make the Island their home as well.

The harbor is within a short walking distance of the Village and is the primary dock for ships coming to and from the Island.

The Village is where newcomers arrive to be welcomed.

http://t2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdXe46PechazjAjLseMheYJBY4z9s9s73HXjrbt3Y47ft_ec5uBg http://t2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzmNDpVGf-bpWN7rC1xI_IZejO2cVHzLpsyax7K32-qVM7Ot8Rzw

The Beaches
Several beaches are located around the Island that are a favorite area for visitors and residents of the Island. Some of the residents have established small camps on the beaches because they love the view and sounds of the waves. On the beaches are also small bars where many different beverages are sold, especially tropical drinks.

The Swan
The main entrance to the Swan was a walk-in set of double doors. Both entrances provided access to a primary corridor running the length of the station. The living space was the largest part of the Swan that contains a bedroom with a set of bunk beds; a bathroom with working sink, shower, miscellaneous exercise equipment, a washer and dryer, a dining nook, a central kitchen area equipped with an oven, stove-top and sink; and a lounge area equipped with a record player, LP collection, a lava lamp, well stocked bookshelves, and a ping-pong table.

http://t3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScJFjla0_0mRZYSy6bTyWdD6vkSaOQy9B1M9jZ_eMil6z0NYQ9

The Headquarters
The Headquarters AKA The Hydra is actually not located on the main island, but on the smaller island to the southeast of the main island. On the outside, the Headquarters looks like a small power station
Entrance - A small, 30 ft X 14 ft long rectangular, room. It contains a few couches and chairs. A security desk is located next to the elevator doors. A small bar is located here.
1st Floor - A large, 100 ft X 80 ft, room that contains all the stuff that one would expect from an upper class setting. A large widescreen TV, several couches and love seats take up most of the place. A fancy bar is located on the left wall, attended by John and Patrick (employees). Speakers dot the walls, sending out various easy listening music.
2nd Floor - This floor leads to a long hallway with doors on either side of it. Three doors on the left (L1, L2, L3) and three on the right (R1, R2, R3). Each room has different sexual themes to appeal to different people, but each room contains at least a king sized bed and a dresser.
L1 (Romance and Tranquility)
L2 (Dark Temptation)
L3 (Under construction - taking requests or ideas)
R1 (Savage Nature)
R2 (Under construction - taking requests or ideas)
R3 (Under construction - taking requests or ideas)

The Temple
Located in the center of the Island the Temple, a large, 30 ft X 30 ft square room, holds the secrets of the Island and is my private domain. A small fire-pit is located in the center, several levers on the opposite wall, 2 couches, and artwork on the walls.

Rules
1.) Show respect to fellow visitors and inhabitants.
2.) Be kind to fellow visitors and inhabitants. (No excessive cursing, threatening, harassing, etc.)
3.) Certain parts of the Island are off limits to new arrivals to the Island.
-->a.) The Headquarters is off limits to new arrives unless I, or someone who has my permission, gives you permission to enter.
-->b.) The Temple is off limits to everyone unless I personally invite you.
4.) The Island is mine. No destroying property or claiming you own a place. Unless I give you a place (one of the houses in the village), all property is mine.
Failure to follow these rules will result in the following consequences.
First Offense: Warning
Second Offense: Temporary Suspension form the Island
Third Offense: Banishment
 
Last edited:
Walking through the Village, he heads for the bar. Entering he sees the bartender Ethan cleaning some glasses with a cloth.

"Hello Ethan, buisness treating you well today?"
 
The village is quiet as I arrive. Everyone must be busy with other activities. Where is my host? He goes by many names, though he is most commonly known by Avellan, I call out for him "It That Betrays! You have a new visitor to your island."

I hear his voice from the building closest to me. As I enter, I find my host chatting to a bartender.

Turning to the bartender I order. "May I have a glass of papaya juice please."

Turning to Avellan I say "Nice place you have here."

I take my juices in its icy cold glass and sit on one of the tropically patterned chairs that are nearby.
 
Walks into the bar and orders a drink from Ethan. I was sad that I was unable to properly greet Lilly and welcome her to the Island though I wonder why she call me that weird name. I sit down at an empty bar stool and try to wake up.
 
Last edited:
Walking out of the bar, I walk through the Village where people are chatting to on another, taking a stroll through the park, or sitting outside of there houses. I head over to an empty bench and sit down at it.
 
Getting up from the bench, I look out at the western mountains and watc as the sun sinks behind them. The orange glow enhancing the color of the eastern mountain`s trees and landscape. The automatic light, which line the paved walkways, turn on. Taking a deep breath I walk towards the bar.
 
Last edited:
I arrives back on the Island and head into the Village Inn. I order a drink from the bartender, Ethan, and take a seat.
 
I arrive back to my island home and head to a nearby bench. Looking around at my surroundings, I find peace and comfort.
 
Traveling across the Island, in my smoke monster form, I pass through the jungle and forest. I arrive at The Swan and hover near the hatch door. Thinking again, I decide to head back towards the Village, which is about a days travel from The Swan, but I make it there within a few minutes. I shift into my human form and walk through the small park.

Hmm... not many visitors.
 
I fly towards the Temple and stop before the stone double doors. I shift into human form and speak the opening phrase. As the doors open, I walk inside and head down the stone hallway until I arrive inside the anti-chamber. Looking around the room, a square 20 ft X 20 ft, I see that it`s bare except for a small fire-pit in the middle of the room and a several levers on the opposite wall. I walk over to the eastern wall and begin to work, putting up my threads on it.
 
I arrive back at the Island and head towards the Village. With the lights providing illumination, I walk towards an empty bench and sit down on it. At this time, everyone is either asleep or indoors. The sounds of nature at night provide a peaceful and tranquil enviroment.
 
Stepping lightly, my cloak pulled around me as I make my way toward him. My long hair ripples around my face and I brush the strands away as I come to the bench.

Would you care for a little company?
 
Traveling throught the jungle, in the easter section of the Island, I sense another presense on the Island. Flying towards the Village at an incredible speed, I watch as the sun begins to get close to the horizon. Arriving, I shift into human form, and walk over to Scarlet.

Ave Lady Scarlet. Welcome to the Island. It`s good to see you. Was the trip here ok?

I glance around at the residents, who are either lounging around, chatting, or going about there business.
 
I watch as he arrives, shivering when he shifts and smile up at him. Hello Avel. It is good to see you as well. It was and it's a beautiful place. Thank you for the invitation.

Rising as I move towards him. Care to show me around or would you rather sit and visit?
 
I look back at Scarlet in confusion.

Invitation? I never gave an invition. I don`t think so? All are welcome to the Island. No one needs an invitation.

I shake my head and smile.

If it`s a tour you want, then a tour you get. Right now your in the Village.

I take here hand and lead her towards the Bar. As they enter, I gesture towards the bartender.

This is the Bar, and the bartender over here is my good friend Ethan. My second in command. If you ever have any queston, and I`m not around, Ethan will be happy yo answer them.

I lead her outside and whistle. In a few minutes, a blue mini-van rolls up towards them.

The Island is a big place and this is one of the easiest forms of transportation. So, where in the Island do you want to go to? The Beaches, The Swan, The Headquarters?
 
My mistake. I take his hand and let my eyes wander, enjoying the sights. Waving to Ethan, I smile and continue along with him.

My smile grows when I see the mini-van. Nibbling on my bottom lip, I'm not sure.

Wherever you would like to go to chat a little. Is there a favorite place here that you go to relax?
 
I think for a moment, then nod.

Yes. Right here. The Village is the best place so far. What part of the Village would you like to go to? Back to the bench, the Bar, my house, or the park?

I wave my hand the driver, signaling for him to leave.
 
I smile brightly and grip his hand in mine.

The park if it's ... secluded or perhaps your house?

I drop my eyes before peering back up at him.
 
I raise an eyebrow at her comment.

Seclusion? Well the park is almost never secluded but my house is.

I led here to my house, one that`s almost indistinguishable from the others, except for the number 21 on it. I open the door and walk inside.

Welcome to my home.
 
A soft blush fills my cheeks, a sign that I am sated. Following him in, I look around and smile.

It is lovely. I comment, still holding his hand, feeling a bit nervous.
 
Sensing her nervousness, I look at her in confusion.

What`s wrong?

Letting go of her hand, I walk over to the kitchen and grab some fruit.
 
Wringing my hands together, I smile.

Nothing...I just haven't been here before so it's new.

moving toward the couch, I settle down upon it, my cloak slipping from my leg to reveal a smooth pale thigh.
 
I shake my head, knowing what she said wasn`t exactly the whole truth. Finding the food that I want; some oranges, apples, and star-fruit I bring them over towards the small table, set down the food, then take a seat on the couch.

Why so afraid of the Island, I thought vampires liked to explore different places and that they fear very little.

I sigh as I look around. Maybe she didn`t like the climate? If so, that could easily be changed.
 
I see the fruit, smiling at his thankfulness and settle closer.

I'm not afraid of the island. I say softly, meeting his eyes. My tongue slides along my lips.
 
Back
Top