Most Influential Poet?

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
This thread calls for nominations for Most Influential Poet of 2016:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1406098

The first response was a complaint. Now there has been a self-nomination.

Perhaps those in the Poets' Hangout ought to express their views in the nomination thread?

PS Don't nominate me. I do not consider myself a poet. :D My only poem posted in 2016 hasn't yet received a single vote. :eek:

This thread calls for nominations for Most Influential Poet of 2016:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1406098

The first response was a complaint. Now there has been a self-nomination.

Perhaps those in the Poets' Hangout ought to express their views in the nomination thread?

PS Don't nominate me. I do not consider myself a poet. :D My only poem posted in 2016 hasn't yet received a single vote. :eek:

We get so much love.

We get so much love.

In the night... those little touches.... :eek::D

Seriously, I have a hard time nominating any single poet, so many with their beautiful words and captivating turns of phrase. It's the entire community that makes this forum so special (and why I still come to Lit when I really, really shouldn't). It feels like I'm at a backyard barbecue with friends, kicking back, half-watching some game, cats weaving all about the place and teasing the dogs.

Last edited:
How do we judge? by excellence of poetry? involvement in the forum? in that case I nominate UYS who has single handedly breathed life into the forum for weeks on end. Influential? that's difficult....so many poets have a hand in guiding, educating and expanding our view of poetry.

How do we judge? by excellence of poetry? involvement in the forum? in that case I nominate UYS who has single handedly breathed life into the forum for weeks on end. Influential? that's difficult....so many poets have a hand in guiding, educating and expanding our view of poetry.

I was thinking UYS for the same reason, but I tend to look at the award as being for both the poems submitted and influence here on the forum. But in truth there are maybe a dozen people here who've influenced my writing or thinking about poetry in the past year.

I was thinking UYS for the same reason, but I tend to look at the award as being for both the poems submitted and influence here on the forum. But in truth there are maybe a dozen people here who've influenced my writing or thinking about poetry in the past year.

Oh I say! :heart:

Thank you to the Poets' Hangout for following up on my suggestion. Perhaps several more of you could nominate someone in the Most Influential Poet thread in the Awards and Contests Forum, or support other people's nominations.

Even a single nomination might be enough to get a poet shortlisted because participation has been so low in the past.

I've seen what you lot have done and I'm so touched by it. I love this place and it will never die if I have anything to do with it. I've dallied on other sites but not for long, this is my home and you my poetry family :heart:

I've seen what you lot have done and I'm so touched by it. I love this place and it will never die if I have anything to do with it. I've dallied on other sites but not for long, this is my home and you my poetry family :heart:

You deserve the nominations.

I started this thread because for 2015 I was nominated for 'Most Influential Poet' and came second.

That was ridiculous, a travesty, an indication that something is wrong in the state of Denmark. I do not consider myself a poet and I am totally unskilled at analysing or sometimes even appreciating other people's poetry posted on Literotica. There were and are far more influential poets in the Poets' Hangout than me, an infrequent visitor.

The Most Influential Writer nominations are full of nominations for one writer who has a large and vociferous fan base. The nominations shouldn't be that skewed.

If the Poets' Hangout takes time to consider who have been the greatest poetical influences during 2016 that contest at least could produce a reasonable response. The nomination process alone can be a way of expressing thanks for those who have gone beyond their own work to helping and encouraging other people - or just keeping the Poetry forum active.

I repeat - DON'T nominate me. I think I came second in 2015 only because I am well-known, but NOT as a poet.

Ogg, I hope someone from the forum wins or, even better, that Laurel would agree to let the forum as a whole be a nominee (though I know that is unlikely). I think folks who've been here a while are rather burnt out on the awards. Winning is a numbers game and the AH has always had much bigger numbers than the pobo. If someone from the AH who has a lot of friends is nominated, no one from here stands a chance. I'm not saying there aren't good poets among those who mostly hang out on the AH: I know there are. But to me the idea of influence goes so beyond someone writing good poems and is about support and encouragement and shared ideas. Fortunately, those have their own rewards. :)

And in fairness, Laurel has been very generous over the years in supporting forum-led contests. That's certainly more than she needs to do given how many come to Lit for poetry!

:rose:

Ogg, I hope someone from the forum wins or, even better, that Laurel would agree to let the forum as a whole be a nominee (though I know that is unlikely). I think folks who've been here a while are rather burnt out on the awards. Winning is a numbers game and the AH has always had much bigger numbers than the pobo. If someone from the AH who has a lot of friends is nominated, no one from here stands a chance. I'm not saying there aren't good poets among those who mostly hang out on the AH: I know there are. But to me the idea of influence goes so beyond someone writing good poems and is about support and encouragement and shared ideas. Fortunately, those have their own rewards. :)

And in fairness, Laurel has been very generous over the years in supporting forum-led contests. That's certainly more than she needs to do given how many come to Lit for poetry!

:rose:

The AH? They have nominated fewer than the Poet's Hangout i.e. almost none and there are many more possible categories.

The nominations for authors tend to come from their dedicated fan bases, not the Authors' Hangout. The Poetry Forums have only a few people participating; the Authors' Hangout maybe three times as many; the General Board perhaps ten times as many as poets - but all of them added together are insignificant compared to the readership of Literotica as a whole.

Those who post in forums may be more influential on Literotica as a whole, but we are a tiny percentage (I think lower than 0.5%) of Lit's users (and of Lit's authors).

The annual awards attract very few nominations and votes. A single nomination in a category can be enough to be short listed. A dozen votes could be enough to win. Given the size of Literotica that is ridiculous.

End of nominations 31st March

The last day for nominations is 31st March.

When the nominations are listed, voting will begin. No nomination? No votes possible.

Folks, the 2016 Lit award polls are up now, so wander on over and vote for UYS as the most influential poet (http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1443178).

While you're there, AlwaysHungry has a story in the running as the best Toys&Masturbation of 2016 (http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1443342) - you might stop in and give him your supporting vote.

Regarding the poets, all except yogakay are well known to all on the PF&D forum.

Regarding the story, I should have specified that you should vote for your preferred story/author in the bunch. I trust my PF&D comrades to be discerning and fair.

Good Job I happened to be passing from this forum today, so I was able to vote.
Good luck legerdemer and AH !!

Back