Dungeons & Dragons (OOC)

AllyRose

What fresh Hell is this?
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Posts
5,144
I'm thinking about starting up a fairly generic swords-and-sorcery RP. It won't involve statistics and spread sheets, just a simple character profile and a talent for writing.

That having been said, would anyone like to join? The story will start off simply enough, progressing from doing simple tasks to a larger war-style campaign.
 
Name: Radth Devar
Age: unknown, looks like in his 30's
Class: magician (arcane magic, elemental magic, necromancy among others) / warlord
Affiliation: leader of the Dark Legion

Story: once a member of the High Order of Magicians from Carasant, he eventually was cast out of it, for practicing forbidden magic. Since then, he wonders the world, gathering more and more magical powers and knowledge, in his quest for absolute power and his final goal: immortality. Already now, he does not age, as he is able to prevent aging by consuming the very energy of souls, be they souls of the living or the dead. He is also very resistant to all forms of magic or physical injuries, but he is not invulnerable; when injured, he usually uses his dark magic and taps to the life energy of others around him, to heal his injuries. His headquarters are in the Black Mountains, where thousands of years ago, an ancient civilization of magical warriors lived. From there he controls his hordes of deadly creatures, ranging from the undead to monsters, known as the Dark Legion. His final goal is to free from his magical prison the ancient god who can grant immortality to mortals. He usually prefers to use his vast magical powers, but when needed, he can do impressive physical feats, as his own physical abilities are highly augmented by his black magic. Although he usually prefers to stay in his dark fortress in the Black Mountains, he quite often goes on different raids and sometimes even goes under disguise, into the most unlikely and populated cities, even in enemy territory, on the search for different magical artifacts or clues.



May I join?
 
Last edited:
Thanks all for showing interest.

Sexp, I like the general character idea, but I'll be crafting my own 'baddy' for the story to work around. I'd also like to keep the relative power levels of each character to a minimum. It's not that much fun if everyone has the power to raise the dead or control various forms of magic.

Acer, a bardic Gnome sounds like fun.

Alysa, a fighter/cleric is more than welcome.
 
Thanks all for showing interest.

Sexp, I like the general character idea, but I'll be crafting my own 'baddy' for the story to work around. I'd also like to keep the relative power levels of each character to a minimum. It's not that much fun if everyone has the power to raise the dead or control various forms of magic.

Acer, a bardic Gnome sounds like fun.

Alysa, a fighter/cleric is more than welcome.

Ok, fair enough. You are right; I went a bit overboard with the powers. Got carried away, as I wanted to create a strong main villain.
 
Yeah, bards are great support characters for any party, and Gnomes are anyways entertaining to have around. unless your the target for one of their many pranks and jokes.
 
If you're still accepting male characters I could play a kung-fu monk style character. If we're going for standard D&D/Middle Earth races, probably an Elf. Maybe a dwarf

Heh, I like the idea of a dwarf shaven hairless who grew up in a shaolin style temple.

I'll decide if I make it in.
 
Hi,
I'm interested in joining your D&D thread. Please let me know if I can join.

My suggested character types are "Non-human"

Such as lizardman? centaur? minotaur? or a naga?

if any of these are ok ... let me know. Also you need to tell me if the human society accepts the non-human creature or not … (i.e. most human don’t trust lizardman … or look down on centaurs, etc)

If you need more human type characters, what about a female magic user?
Thanks
 
Hi,
I'm interested in joining your D&D thread. Please let me know if I can join.

My suggested character types are "Non-human"

Such as lizardman? centaur? minotaur? or a naga?

if any of these are ok ... let me know. Also you need to tell me if the human society accepts the non-human creature or not … (i.e. most human don’t trust lizardman … or look down on centaurs, etc)

If you need more human type characters, what about a female magic user?
Thanks

and Naga's are usually frowned upon as well. being a giant snake with a human head and all.

It's an interesting character idea though. never heard of one joining a party, But I guess a Guardian Naga would feel the need too if the quest was a big enough threat. And having a party member that speaks Celestial is always handy.
 
Hi ... I understand some of these character ideas are different ... let me example my idea about the Naga.

The Naga character was raised from an egg by a wizard as a familiar. Based on how this thread begins … She can join the group as a gift from the wizard … or maybe the wizard was killed and she is seeking revenge … or maybe he just passed away from old age and she now needs to find a new line of work. Nevertheless, you are correct i think she would be an oddity … anyhow the other adjustment I would like to make is she looks like the attached pic. (i.e. she has arms) If her Naga abilities are too powerful, I can greatly limit them. Finally it is only a suggested character … if it does not work with this storyline … I can go with any of the other suggestions I made.

http://digital-art-gallery.com/picture/6716
 
Last edited:
Hiya, It is a unusual character. But very creative. I like it the concept. and your Naga is far hotter then the classical AD&D one. which looks like this.

849874270.jpg


I actually prefer your version. LOL
 
I am interested here, may I join? I am usually interested in also non-human creatures, such as half-dragons, or half elfs, possibly even a Minotaur. Is it okay if I join as one of these? Probably my best would be the first choice, but if that is too over powered, I will understand.
 
Hmmm, A half-Elf monk would be pretty good mix. The monk as exotic powers and elves have a innate magical abilities, while the human half would add some strength and constitution to the elf race which is seriously lacking those qualities. But retaining their dexterity. A good balanced character all around.

I'm just to much a game nerd for my own good. LOL
 
Still finishing up some details, but I should have something ready for you guys / girls in the next day or two.
 
im new to this sort of thing but not to RPGs, plus i am brand new to this community, so if there is room for a fallen paladin i would like to join in.
 
A woman and a man join an online role playing site D&D thread ...

Woman "It’s quiet on that thread ..."

Man "Maybe a little too quiet."

Woman "What are you going to do?"

Man "I'm just gonna post a small note ..."

Woman "No, Jim, don’t ... don't do it!!"

Man "Don’t worry, nothing will happen ..." (as he posts ... there is the sound of the woman screaming... :eek: and jim is gone!!!)
 
A woman and a man join an online role playing site D&D thread ...

Woman "It’s quiet on that thread ..."

Man "Maybe a little too quiet."

Woman "What are you going to do?"

Man "I'm just gonna post a small note ..."

Woman "No, Jim, don’t ... don't do it!!"

Man "Don’t worry, nothing will happen ..." (as he posts ... there is the sound of the woman screaming... :eek: and jim is gone!!!)

I hate it when that happens. LOL
 
Back
Top