As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
doctor hotness scheduled to work today? ;)
I am back tomorrow. No doctor hottness on call. I just want to be lost in the lines, control, and perfect order of things. I want to be titrating to effect, log-rolling with the girls, and putting on fresh top-sheets. I want to look at the room at the end of the day and think: they might be dead in the bed, but the room looks good, the mouths are clean, and the floor is spotless.
 
I need to make a titration gizmo for cc'ing combustion chambers.


I just thought I'd share that tidbit.


And note that spell checker wants to change "titration" to "tit ration" . . . which I could probably also use :D
 
I learned early on how to anticipate the needs of others. I had very special training for that, and is the reason I make a great nurse. I won't ever forget that.
 
I need to make a titration gizmo for cc'ing combustion chambers.


I just thought I'd share that tidbit.


And note that spell checker wants to change "titration" to "tit ration" . . . which I could probably also use :D
I wouldn't mind blowing up some stuff today.
 
These comments are evidence of why you're a great nurse and a great person at the same time.

Wanna rob a bank?
My Father used to want us to build our own helicopter, so that we could rob a bank and get away. He also wanted a pet monkey.

Let's do it.
 
We all walked out into the dark back lot together. I went first and said: Don't worry, I will cut someone if we get jumped by criminals.
 
Are there mistakes that are beyond redemption?


I fucked up, and I think I ruined a relationship that I valued a lot.


Which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.


I'm sorry.
 
Depends on how much work people want to go through. Trust is a hard thing to rebuild.

The one that loves least controls the relationship.
 
It is 14 kinds of fucked that neither you nor they actually know what they've got on their hands with you.
 
Our "palliative" patient, as it turns out, is recovering. Time to move back to active treatment. First he needs to get off the morphine pump and on to sustained-release oral morphine. Except he's NPO, and has a MiniOne gastrostomy. The morphine is getting stuck in the extender tube, it's too big to get through the 90 degree bend in the tube. I walk into the room to tell the RN about something else, and find her, another RN, both LPNs, two pharmacists, a pharm intern, two attendings and the resident all standing over the patient trying to figure this out. I look at the patient and say, "What about a bolus extender? No bend for the med to get stuck in." Ten pairs of eyes turn and stare at me like I'm from another planet, and one of the nurses runs off to get one.

Ten minutes later I come back from break and I'm everybody's new best friend. Turns out it worked. One of the attendings even bought me lunch in the cafeteria.

A good way to start a week's vacation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top