The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

I want to read a couple of stories in the Winter Contest. Are there any someone wants to recommend? I will vote and leave a comment.

Open to all genres.

Sadly enough, the ones I've tried reading so far were pretty awful. :(

SAR%20LOGO.JPG

our wonderful leaders:

image.php
image.php
image.php

Last edited:
This message is hidden because scouries is on your ignore list.

If laurel and Manu don't care what he does, why the fuck should I.

Last edited:

Me too. But I'm not sure it's wise for you to do so. Me he seems to want to read him. You he wants to go away (and I think you've got him really frustrated). So, I'd think you should be the one (and possibly only one) following him around with the pin to prick the prick's balloon.

I will add that I really don't think it is to Laurel and Manu's credit that they let those posts of Scouries with the horrendous photographs stand. Freedom of expression doesn't extend this far into other forum members' living space, I don't believe. And if Laurel and Manu think that this adds to the commercial value of their Web site, I think they are sadly mistaken. Scouries deserves to be on ignore for that alone. L&M could easily make it all go away just by erasing him and his stories. He could come back, but that would take effort on his part and he'd live under the real threat of it happening again and again. It would really take very little effort for L&M to dump this albatross.

Last edited:
image.php

Good for you tex! A decision that was long overdue and one I believe will be beneficial for everyone visiting the LITEROTICA forums. And one I'm quite willing to accept. Ignore me and you too shall be ignored. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

It’s a win for sanity… for civility and you are to be commended for it…

A win for LAUREL’S mediation skills and good nature…
image.php

A win for tiger girl and her attempts to run a civilized support thread…
image.php

A win for ScouriesWorld and their attempt to create other contest options for readers and writers…
image.php

Just put him on ignore like I did and enjoy a scouries free world. Or at least the illusion of one.

It's actually fun again. :D

OK, I can see that. I think the raspberries on this and the reason to just drop it are on the shoulders of the Web site owners, though. Trolls we'll always have. Web site owners who shoot themselves in the feet, not so much.

I have the same reaction to lovecraft68's years' long harrassing of me here. Just a couple of "grow up and knock it off" slaps and deletions (although they did delete the personal information references) from them, and a whole lot of grief on the forum would have evaporated. (The moderated Editorial forum has just done this--and civil activity is blossoming there.)

Last edited:
OK, I can see that. I think the raspberries on this and the reason to just drop it are on the shoulders of the Web site owners, though. Trolls we'll always have. Web site owners who shoot themselves in the feet, not so much.

I have the same reaction to lovecraft68's years' long harrassing of me here. Just a couple of "grow up and knock it off" slaps and deletions (although they did delete the personal information references) from them, and a whole lot of grief on the forum would have evaporated. (The moderated Editorial forum has just done this--and civil activity is blossoming there.)

I killed one alt of his and another popped up within days.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if as many people have me on ignore as have him. Anyway, I've been fighting to get his bullshit and lies stopped for four years. I've had enough. It's time to enjoy this forum again.

Finally put my story in, embarrassingly late, but better than not at all.

Only finished it because I committed to entering all but one contest this year. I don't think I'll commit to it next year, too many other projects going on.

This message is hidden because lovecraft68 is on your ignore list. ;)

As TxRad just posted.

Hi all, I'm sort of new here.

I did a one-shot yesterday and wrote a Holiday Contest story in 4 hours and posted it. Man, these contest stories get lots of viewers! The stories I work long and hard to get right struggle through a week of getting viewers, and my contest stories get more views in a day.

I guess I'll be writing more contest stories in the year to come!

Joseph

The stories I work long and hard to get right struggle through a week of getting viewers, and my contest stories get more views in a day.

I guess I'll be writing more contest stories in the year to come!

Joseph

Yep, that's the real payoff to entering the contests.

Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The mountebanks tell me that there are 79 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.19 from an average of 255 votes. Stories had an average of 22,243 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.35%. The average number of pages is 2.5, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 18,926 votes, 1,757,236 views, 611 favorites and 663 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.19) is 0.42 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 255) is 262. The median score is 4.23, the median number of votes is 150 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.55 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.88 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 13 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 13 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 96 votes swept, being an average of 7 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (5 stories)
  • Celebrities (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (9 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (8 stories)
  • Group Sex (8 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (2 stories)
  • Illustrated (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (12 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (3 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Mind Control (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (4 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (1 story)
  • NonHuman (2 stories)
  • Romance (8 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (3 stories)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Belongs2Beth (3), BenLong, BuckyDuckman, Butterflies512, Cinner (2), datedsoul, DG Hear, D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain (2), Eros5150, friskygirl51, geronimo_appleby (2), ggroyale, Harlock606, HeyAll (2), HollyS, inqusitivepuppy (2), Jasmynn_Brown, JayDavid, JosephWrites, kms1987, LaRascasse, la_chica, LesLumens, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, m_storyman_x, NaokoSmith, Naughtily_Written, northlander, petitmort, PrincessErin, PrincessKashmir (2), qhml1, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), Rockinworld, silkstockingslover, SilverSparrow, sirhugs, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), SusanJillParker, Tara_Neale, TinyBeth (2), tmoney249, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (2), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku (2)

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

• The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Guess folks were just holding off. I think the "middle" submissions have been heavier than usual, while the "initial" submissions were lighter.

Guess folks were just holding off. I think the "middle" submissions have been heavier than usual, while the "initial" submissions were lighter.

I think this contest starts a little too early. Most people submit Christmas stories but before Thanksgiving seems a lot to early.

I just submitted a second entry. Why I don't know- except I wanted to post at least one more story in 2012, and New Year seemed the theme. Well, trying to twist "white woman black man" was the theme, mostly cause I'd never written to the interracial category before. It isn't REALLY twisted. Just totally unrealistic... I'll update when it is "up".

I think this contest starts a little too early. Most people submit Christmas stories but before Thanksgiving seems a lot to early.

I think you're right. Writing an X-mas story is like hearing X-mas Carols 24/7 before December even starts. Its just not healthy.

If you think of it as Christmas stories, you are right- but the owners wish to include Thanksgiving , and though I don't view that as winter, they make the rules.

If you think of it as Christmas stories, you are right- but the owners wish to include Thanksgiving , and though I don't view that as winter, they make the rules.

Again, even though American Thanksgiving is in the fall, not the winter. :D

As you all know it doesn't have to be about Christmas. Winter themed is the reason it can be so far reaching - I have two entries, one Christmas related, one winter season related.

Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The iconoclasts tell me that there are 86 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.18 from an average of 259 votes. Stories had an average of 22,333 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.30%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 20,490 votes, 1,920,652 views, 669 favorites and 758 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.18) is 0.42 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 259) is 260. The median score is 4.26, the median number of votes is 158 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.54 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.86 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 13 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 13 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 96 votes swept, being an average of 7 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (5 stories)
  • Celebrities (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (9 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (8 stories)
  • Group Sex (11 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (2 stories)
  • Illustrated (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (13 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Mind Control (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (4 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (1 story)
  • NonHuman (2 stories)
  • Novels and Novellas (1 story)
  • Romance (9 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (3 stories)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Belongs2Beth (3), BenLong, Benny024, BuckyDuckman, Butterflies512, Cinner (2), datedsoul, DG Hear, D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain (2), Eros5150, friskygirl51, geronimo_appleby (2), ggroyale, Harlock606, HeyAll (2), HollyS, Honeydip79, inqusitivepuppy (2), Jasmynn_Brown, JayDavid, JosephWrites, kms1987, LaRascasse, la_chica, LesLumens, lovecraft68, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, m_storyman_x, NaokoSmith, Naughtily_Written, northlander, petitmort, Powerofthepen, PrincessErin, PrincessKashmir (2), qhml1, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), Rockinworld, Rugrat60, silkstockingslover, SilverSparrow, sirhugs, sophist801, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), SusanJillParker, Tara_Neale, TinyBeth (2), tmoney249, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (3), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku (2)

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

• The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Back