My Favorite Quotes

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
 
Always keep your mind as bright and clear as the vast sky, the great ocean, and the highest peak, empty of all thoughts. Always keep your body filled with light and heat. Fill yourself with the power of wisdom and enlightenment.
 
Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends... Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.
 
How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
 
What matters is to live in the present, live now, for every moment is now. It is your thoughts and acts of the moment that create your future. The outline of your future path already exists, for you created its pattern by your past.
 
Being stuck is a position few of us like. We want something new but cannot let go of the old - old ideas, beliefs, habits, even thoughts. We are out of contact with our own genius. Sometimes we know we are stuck; sometimes we don't. In both cases we have to DO something.
 
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
 
Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.
 
A lazy person, whatever the talents with which he set out, will have condemned himself to second-hand thoughts and to second-rate friends.
 
Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees.
 
When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
 
The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can't do.
 
If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.
 
Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.
 
A mountain is composed of tiny grains of earth. The ocean is made up of tiny drops of water. Even so, life is but an endless series of little details, actions, speeches, and thoughts. And the consequences whether good or bad of even the least of them are far-reaching.
 
528720_422447517815189_189165171_n.jpg
 
If they took you for granted, let them go.
Walk away and find someone better,
someone you deserve, someone who treats
you right.
 
Back
Top