Jungle Mystery (Closed)

She watched the camp longer wanting to make sure he was finally dead and wondered ho would try to take his place.

Knew the soldiers were going to get too close. Took care of problem... not first time they manage capture me so I can get into camp. Just first time able to kill one of them.

So now what will you do?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He removed his mask to reveal his face and gave her a grin.

"I will have to get in contact with my elders...tell them that Gom~Nie is dead, that his place is no more"

A sound that didn't fit in made him look around, then it drew closer and he could make out the sound of a vehicle,

"They had a jeep? I didn't see it leave."

He slid the sniper rifle to his back and pulled the assault rifle free and into position,

"Keira we have to get away, if they see us they will shoot and not ask any question"
 
Nodding she motioned.

Follow me.

She quickly took off heading back to her home a little deeper in the jungle region a little closer to the village. Once deep inside it was clear how she understood English with a few things such as books scattered around and a small fire in the center with a animal hide flue to guide the smoke up and out a hole in the rocks above them. She motioned for him to sit down if he wished and gestured towards the basket of fruits and dried breads.

Then they will send you away from here?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He took in the place and slipped out of his camouflage suit, zipping open the black suit he wore under it and brushed his gloved hand through his hair.

"Yes I would be sent away from here after I speak to them"

He took off his gloves and sat down with his back against the rock, not really relaxed, just resting after all the excitement and activity of the night and day before.
 
_I see, well I guess another will wait only a limited time and then take over Gom-Nies compound and rebuild, creating another horror of a regeim to destroy more. That will be our problem then. I can guide you back to one of the main cities so you can contact them. If you wish that is.

She looked to him with a faint smile. She had no idea why she had brought him back here. No one but the old witch had seen her home... what made him so different? Instinct had never steered her wrong before so she would not question it now.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He shook his head

"No need to go that far. I have a contact device, but hid it. I have to get that far"

He chuckled,

"Maybe if another rebuilds, I will return to kill them too."

He motioned to the bruising on her face,

"How do you feel?"
 
I am fine.

She paused listening and began to snarl looking towards the small hallway they had just walked down to get to her home.

Soldiers....

Grabbing a blade she quickly moved exit the cave and see what was going on before they found her home.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He grabbed the sniper rifle and followed her, he noticed that the soldiers had one of the native people with them, forcing him to follow the tracks. His boots must have left a definite trail, but then again he didn't bargain on them getting hold of a hunter to lead them. He also recalled that the old witch had said that their own people had been taken and Keira mentioned that they were now loyal to Gom~Nie, so they could also read the trail, but had the hunter as insurance. Moving off to one side he found a tree that he could climb and had sturdy branches that would provide a safe nest. He quickly climbed into the tree and after securing his position, he lifted the rifle and looked at the party, there was five soldiers and of course the hunter.
 
She crouched in the shadows watched them moving closer slowly when they would split up some. Climbing up into a tree and finding one to take out. She dropped down knives ready as she landed behind him driving the knives down into his shoulders as she dropped down. With a quick movement she had buried his face in the jungle floor stifling any real noise and to convince the others he fell victim to a wild animal she mimicked a roar hearing the others try to move quickly away from his location. With that she moved to reclaim her knives and quickly finished the man off tossing his body to the darkness.

She then moved to track the rest of them and see if Ghost took any out.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

The roar was the opening he needed, he stroked the trigger and the second man from the back fell to the ground, the soldier in front of him turned to find his brother in arms dead, but before he could raise an alarm, Ryan had already pulled the trigger and the round blew the soldier's brains out of his skull. He swiveled his gun, found that one of the soldiers was aiming for the hunter and the other looking around for a target. He pulled the trigger and the soldier aiming at the hunter fell to the ground, his partner suddenly realized that he was all alone and fired in the general direction of Ryan, he ducked out of the way as some of the rounds slammed into the tree close to him.
 
The last one firing wild she moved behind him and a blade across the throat and across the abdomen she dropped him quickly before turning to look at the local tracker/hunter and snarled watching them drop to their knees pleading with her and sobbing.

Another growl from her and she moved closer speaking in their native tongue before slashing his neck wide open as well. Standing there covered in blood and rage coursing through her veins she snarled and growled looking around almost is if seeking more targets.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

As soon as the firing stopped, he looked out and saw her kill the hunter, of course that was to expected, but he didn't really think she would kill a basically innocent man. He adjusted his seat and leaned his back against the tree, waiting to see if more soldiers would follow or if that was the last of them.
 
Finding no more targets she began to calm and taking a few deep breaths she tossed the other bodies into the darkness for the animals to get rid of for them. She then looked around for Ryan sniffing at the air. Moving around looking for any trace and finding some trace of his location before moving back towards her home.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He watched as she tracked him to his position and then headed back to her home, but first he wanted to make sure. He waited for about an hour, by then there was no other sound, but the gathering of carrion eaters, good thing he was alive. He climbed out of the tree and carefully made his way back to her dwelling.
 
She sat there by the fire staring into the flames. Silent and deep in thought. The only indication that she knew he was there was a simple motion toward the food once more sitting off to the side. Having to end the life of one from the village bothered her but it had to be done. She knew this but it made it no easier on her mind and soul.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He sat down and acknowledged her motion towards the food with a nod, he could see that she was troubled, but in a way he think he understood. She could not leave anybody alive that could lead people to her, this was her safe house so to speak. He leaned back against the wall and watched her, she was actually a very attractive woman once you get past the snarling teeth and viscous daggers. He wondered how his parents would react if he brought somebody like her home, well by now they would probably just be worried about getting a grandchild and not how the woman looked or acted...well maybe they would find her tearing her food apart with hands and teeth a bit strange, he chuckled softly to himself, then pulled an oil sheet from his pack and started to field strip and clean his sniper rifle.
 
Feeling eyes on her she finally turned to look at him. You will need to get to your radio to speak with your elders. Where is the radio?

She brushed her hair back out of her eyes as she sat there watching him. Absently she reached for a piece of the dried bread and began to eat.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He continued to clean the gun as he replied,

"It's South-East from the village."

He finished putting the rifle together again, making sure that everything was working and slipped in the magazine. Leaning it against the wall he moved closer and picked up a fruit, taking a bite he smiled.

"I'll probably don't even have to let them know, the satellite would have picked up the damage by now."
 
But will you not need to learn of your next task? Or will they not try to contact you if they learn of the damage?

She tilted her head watching him. Still wondering why she allowed him to see this place... Her home... her sanctuary.

Soldiers always have work... other task... new job... Do you not?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He shook his head and ate another bite from the fruit,

"I am not a normal soldier, I am only used when they need me, I practice all the time. Then the elders call me, take me to where I must be and I kill people."

He sighed,

"Always kill people, never help people, never give food to people, just kill, kill, kill."
 
She tilted her head and moved a little closer... crouching near him.

You do not like this? Then why do you still act as soldier? Will they not let you stop?

It was more instinct growing up around the animals and how the comfort each other and connect with each other but she brushed the back of her hand against his leg as if some simple little I am here... gesture so he will not feel so bad down or alone in his apparent dislike of his lot in life.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He shook his head,

"I have no problem killing bad men, but I kill a bad man, another stands up, the innocent people they keep suffering."

He looked at her,

"If I stop I have no place to go, to be a soldier is all I know. If I leave they also will not help me, they refuse to let people know that they know of me."

He motioned outside with his chin,

"Even this today, nobody will know I killed Gom~Nie. They will tell of a missile they shot that killed him."
 
There are those that will stand up in Gom~Nies place... He has sons... Never in same place as him... Old enough to take over and one of them makes Gom~Nie look like peaceful.

She listened more sitting there and tilting her head puzzled at why he would work for those who did not like saying he did anything good and asked him why?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He smiled,

"First I thought that I do it, because I love my country. Now I do not know why I fight."

He gave her knee a gentle pat and stood up, he walked to his gear, picking up the grass suit and slipping into it. Slinging the assault rifle to his back he picked up the sniper rifle, he was to the outside when he spoke again,

"Maybe if his sons come, we will see each other again. Then we can hunt them and kill them."

He walked out, tracking his footprints, wiping them away as he made his way back towards the village.
 
She moved back letting him leave but tracked him carefully knowing he could not track her and focus on hiding his footprints. Realizing he was headed towards the village she made her way there before him and hid in the old womans hut to see if he went to let her know about anything... Everyone was drawn to the old womans shop like they had to let her know they were alright or the situation was alright. Maybe he would have questions for the old woman about "The Kirea" or Death spirit.
 
Back
Top