one more try

eyes have it

I am not sure what the thing in the middle was going to be
 

Attachments

  • eyes have it web.jpg
    eyes have it web.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
Tnt69

Gave it a try but need to keep trying:confused:
 

Attachments

  • TNT69 WEB.jpg
    TNT69 WEB.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
try it again

screwing up again


the RIP is kinda cheeseballie <sp but what the hell its based on a comic book lol
 

Attachments

  • crow web.jpg
    crow web.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
what do ya think

The jaw is not wide enough and the nose is too long for the tilt of the head,
what else ?

Suppose to be China bandit from her thread?
 

Attachments

  • CBAndit web.jpg
    CBAndit web.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
Denny

I think you are doing great.
Way back in middle school and high school I earned lunch money drawing Vargus type girls and hotrod cars. Now I can't draw flies or water from a well .
 
still not quite right

Shortened the nose brought up the lips and straightened the jaw but still not right. I had to ink it because the erasing and redrawing was making it look worse than it is. maybe some other time I will start fresh.
 

Attachments

  • CBandit2web.jpg
    CBandit2web.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
You seem to be asking for advice, so here's a little bit: You don't seem to be seeing the basic structure underneath the surface details. I recommend anything by Burne Hogarth as a way to approach seeing and understanding the 3D nature of the human form. Related to this, you seem to be trying to avoid making any 'bad marks.' If you begin with a loose sketch to get the basic parts where you want them and then refine the details, you'll find that a lot of your preliminary lines that are in the 'wrong' place just sort of evaporate if you have indicated them lightly to begin with. They are still there, but the viewer tends to notice the 'correct' parts that are done more definitely.
I wouldn't worry about finished drawings for awhile. For my money, a good sketch is much better than a bad drawing, and until you can make a good sketch, you're unlikely to make a good drawing. Stay loose!
 
Thanks Doc

If I were 16 again I probably wouldn't take your advice any more seriously than I would today. No offense though I just don't take advice well:) I have had Hogarth books back when they were first published (Dynamic figure drawing) .
I don't claim to be an artist I draw because I like to,
Thanks again for the advice.
 

Attachments

  • ScanWEB.jpg
    ScanWEB.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
just trying to stay relevent

so here is another one
 

Attachments

  • sculptface web.jpg
    sculptface web.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top