Soldier x Soldier - Rescued (Closed to TertiusHuman)

"Next time we make our own pizza, just as unhealthy but the aroma..."

He kissed the tips of his right hand's fingers and opening the hand

"Wunderbar."

He gave her a grin, "That is if I remember how to make it, it's been a few years and heating rations on a gas stove inside a cave just isn't the way to retain culinary skills."

He then started heaping sugar into her coffee, "Just say when."
 
Kat smiles, "Sounds nice. I don't think I've ever made pizza from scratch." She mused. She watched him heap sugar into her cup, she waited and waited and finally said, "Good." It was honestly way too much sugar but the coffee would dissolve it and it would give her a really nice sugar and caffeine high. This was something that had never changed, of course on tour she often drank black coffee or severely less sugar. But at home she had always put too much sugar in her coffee. Zero wandered into the kitchen and Kat rubbed his head with her hand before murmuring a command, the dog immediately left the kitchen to lay I the living room.
 
He arched an eyebrow at her as he heaped so much sugar into the coffee, that he was surprised when it didn't turn into syrup. He shifted the cup for her to pick up with both hands, "Be careful, it is hot."

He added the one sugar for himself and stirred the coffee, "You surely placed a lot of time and training into Zero. You got him as a pup?"

He lifted his cup and after taking a whiff, he took a careful sip. Then he sniffed and moved towards the fridge, a few opened doors later found him grating cheese into a plate. Then he opened the door of the oven slid the pizza out and added the extra cheese before slipping the pizza back into the oven and popping the door closed. "You will thank me later."
 
She carefully wrapped her hands around the mug. Lifting it to sip slowly. She nodded at his question. "Yes, I got him as a pup from a Breeder. I had always wanted a shepherd. I did most of his training myself until we got into the protection training." She murmured. "I'd always had a thing for dogs. So it was natural I wanted one once I was out on my own. Wasn't the wisest decision since I was in the Army but I made it work." She shrugged as she watched him add more cheese to the pizza.

"When I was probably twelve I was headed back to the foster home when I found this big wiry, brown mutt. He was mean and dirty, skinny as hell. Guess he'd been the neighborhood stray for months and no one could catch him. I was bored and hating the new foster home so I befriended him and took him home. Course my foster parents were appalled and did not allow him in the house. But they didn't make him leave and didn't call animal control. So I fed him and played with him for months until I had to switch foster homes and wasn't allowed to take him with. Probably where I got my affinity for dogs." She gave a half chuckle as she sipped her coffee.
 
"Hmmm"

He sipped his coffee and nodded slowly, "Well I think you had an affinity before you met the angry yet loving stray. It was your affinity which calmed and engaged him"

He looked at the kitchen entrance, "But you give your orders in a different language, what is up with that? Speaking his native tongue?"

He gave her a grin
 
She snickers, "No it's Czech that I'm speaking. Zero is trained for personal protection as well as advanced obedience. I trained him in another language to avoid other people trying to tell him what to do. Of course he wouldn't listen to them anyway but another language helps avoid that as well." She explained. She continued to sip her coffee as they waited for the Pizza to cook. She felt her body getting more and more tired but her mind was still racing.
 
He rolled his eyes in feinted horror, "Heavens forbid the two of you ever team up on me. You using him to laze about while I do the running."

He switched off the oven and with dish cloths removed the pan with pizza and delivered the steaming food on top of the stove.

"Ah almost too late, nice and crispy edges."

He had noticed the plates earlier and soon enough he had two halves in a plate for each of them. "There we go. Chow is served, now pray to God it is edible and decide where we chow down."
 
She smiled at his teasing, finding it easier and easier to relax and feel a little normal. She watched him pull the Pizza out. She helped get plates and napkins out. Taking her plate when it's ready she led Thor out to the living room. She curled up in a recliner "feel free to turn the tv on if you want." She murmured. Her brother had gotten the cable and internet turned back on as soon as he'd heard she was coming home. So everything in the house was fully functional.

Kat ate with her usual focus and speed, she ate neatly but fast, and she could still eat an incredible amount of food. Especially since she wasn't worried about calories or anything, she needed to put on some weight to get healthy again. She planned on starting to work out soon to aid in getting muscle back on her body, she desperately needed it to stop looking bony and starved.
 
Thorvald brought her coffee along and placed it on the side table, taking a seat on a couch.

"I think I will skip the television for now. I am a bit out of the loop with entertainment."

He was secretly pleased that she had been standing and walking around so much. The nervous energy fueled her muscles to not feel tired, but as soon as that wore off, he knew she'd sleep.

He watched her eat with gusto and he was glad that he had added the cheese, she needed it. He tucked into his own meal and watched the two of them. Zero never begged, he looked yes, but never begged, which told him a lot about his training.

After the food and coffee had gone the way of all things edible, he collected their plates and cups and went to the kitchen to rinse it and the pan.
 
She murmured a thanks when Thor took care of the dishes. She felt herself relaxing. Oddly enough the coffee didn't amp her up at all, and soon she was curled up in the recliner, her entire body in a small ball on the seat, the foot rest not up. She fell asleep to the sounds of Thor in the kitchen. Her sleep was restless as usual but she didn't have a night terror, at least not yet. She shifted and squirmed a lot but never screamed or cried out in her sleep. Zero meanwhile, assured his mistress was sound asleep he went into the kitchen, curious about the new human that was apart of their life now.
 
After finishing the dishes he turned to find Zero looking at him. A curious look in those intelligent eyes, Thor approached him and allowed the dog to smell his fingers and then do his own inspection. He knelt when Zero seemed satisfied and rubbed his chest as he scratched behind the ears. He smiled, the thoughts of his own childhood pet coming to mind.

"You're a good dog aren't you?"

He smiled and stood up, "Let's go put your mistress to bed, she needs the rest."

He walked into the living room only to find Kat asleep. He smiled and walked closer, leaning down, he carefully gathered her into his arms, being extra careful to not wake her and carried her to bed. After placing her on the bed, he reoved her boots and spread a comforter over her. He sat down and started his vigil for the night.
 
The dog seemed thoroughly pleased by the man's petting. Amber eyes sparkling as the dog wagged his tail and happily followed Thor. When he picked Kat up she tensed and shuddered, seemingly about to panic, but then her face turned into his heat and she breathed deeply, catching his scent she sighed and remained asleep. Her hands clutched his shirt even as he laid her down.

She woke partially when he covered her, she looked st him sleepily, for once it seemed Thor had a glimpse of the old Kat, she was too tired to be scared. Her body was loose and she had a sleepy smile on her lips, her pale eyes half closed. "You know the bed is big enough for two." She murmured. "I don't take up much space." She joked groggily. She didn't want him sitting and staying awake all night, there was no need. He could sleep beside her and still be there if she needed him.
 
He smiled at her joke and brushed over her hair, "Not yet. Sleep now, Zero and I will be here."

He waited for sleep to claim her once more and sat watching her as he gently stroked Zero's soft fur. It was not that he didn't want to join her, it was far removed from that. She might sleep easy now that she was tired and on a subconscious level his presence on the bed might be a trigger. Once she could sleep easier, he would join her.

He had to admit that he enjoyed the glimpse he got of the old Kat, she seemed like a person he could have had good times with. He undid the laces of his boots and then settled in, stroking Zero's fur.
 
Kat was too tired to argue, she just hummed softly and drifted off to sleep. She slept soundly, for a new hours she'd only twitch or tremble on occasion. Zero sat beside Thor for a while until the dog succumbed to sleep, sliding to the floor around Thor's feet.

It was 3:17am when Kat shot into the sitting position, a sharp gasp leaving her lungs as she panicked, looking rapidly around the room. She rubbed her hands over her face as she realized where she was, that everything was okay. Zero had lunged to his feet the moment Kat gasped. Now thendog padded over and put his paws on the bed to get some pets from Kat. Enjoying the distraction she stroked the dog as she worked to slow her breathing.
 
He watched her sleep, the slight movements of a body at rest and the deep breathing of the dog almost enough to lull even him to sleep, but he knew how to combat sleep and also how to accept it. So when Katherine shot upright with a gasp, he was awake. He watched as she calmed down and spent time distracting herself with the dog. He in turn did not move, not until he was quite certain that she was awake and wouldn't startle at his movement. He leaned forward, "Well that was definitely a few hours more."
 
She was surprised when she didn't jump at the sound of Thor's voice. It seemed she was accustom to his presence enough to not startle. She nodded "Yeah it was. Felt good too. I really missed sleeping." She smiles, then her eyes soften. "You know it's okay to join me. You won't bother me at all. My captors never slept with me or even stayed around long after they were done." She murmurs as she nudges the dog back to the floor. She felt a little bad that Thor was staying up all night just in case she needed him.
 
He grinned at her, "Oh you say that I will not bother you, until I start snoring and rolling around. I will get kicked out of bed quite promptly."

He chuckled and stood up, "But since you are insisting and you do outrank me and I am quite tired, I will take you up on the offer."

He moved to the other side of the bed, sat down and removed his boots and socks. Laying down on his back, there was still enough room between them to fit another person.

"You sure don't take up much space Lt."
 
She chuckled quietly but was pleased when he joined her. There was no reason he shouldn't be able to sleep too. Slowly Kat laid back down and smirked "I told you, I'm a tiny thing right now." She certainly didn't take up much space. She took several deep breaths as she focused on relaxing. Oddly enough shb felt like she'd be able to go back to sleep, something she hadn't been able to do before after a nightmare. Sighing softly she rolled onto her side facing Thor and let hera of drift back off to sleep. This time her sleep was calm, though she did get closer and closer to Thor until she was snuggled into his side. Her subconscious seeking the safety he had provided since he rescued her.
 
He watched her fall asleep and closed his own eyes, not falling into deep sleep, but staying alert. But after a while, the silence, her restful breathing and his own tiredness caught up with him and he drifted into deep sleep himself.

He became aware of her body pressing up against his own, warm and sleep-soft. He unconsciously twisted to his side, rested an arm around her shoulders and moved to share the pillow. His mind held no dreams, his body lay still except for breathing and the slight eye movements.
 
Sighing softly, her restless body stilled once she was cuddled up to him. She pressed her face against his chest and slept calmly well into the morning. For once she had no nightmares, she slept without dreaming. It was going on 9:30 and she was still sound sleep. The longest she'd ever slept. But slowly she woke, pulled by her internal clock, she yawned softly and stretched lazily, not surprised to find herself wrapped up with Thor. She'd figured that would happened when she offered her bed to him.
 
He had woken up as the sun started to rise above the horizon, but had not moved since Kat had almost entwined herself with him and moving would only wake her. He heard the altering in her breathing and when those washed out greys opened and focused on him, he could not help but grin.

"Now it is clear why you wanted me to sleep. You needed a body pillow."

He carefully disentangled them and got up, petting Zero as he came around the bed. After slipping on his boots, he stood and stretched out.

"Well then Lt, coffee, breakfast and a stroll around your yard. So remember your training shoes. I'll grab a shower, but I will only be a shout away."
 
She smirks and stretches again. "I never was the cuddly type until now." She mused as she sat up. Nodding at his words she smiled. "Alright." Once he left she changed and headed downstairs. Letting the dog outside she worked hard to get the coffee going and to get scrambled eggs cooking. It was tricky and messy with her hands but she got it. Soon she had toast going and eggs cooking. It felt good being home, and having Thor around, he was good for her.
 
After a nice hot shower, he shaved and went to his room. It occurred to him that he would have to get more civilian clothes since he only had a few t-shirts and two pairs of jeans. He slipped on his PT gear and headed towards the kitchen where he had heard Kat making a nice racket, but also a nice smell permeated the air. He paused in the kitchen entrance and looked around, then he headed for the kettle.

"Seems like it is a good idea to be a body pillow, you get fed the next morning."

He gave her a cheeky smile and switched on the kettle. After a short hunt, he found the dog food and filled the dog bowl. He motioned for Kat, "I know some people have some sort of ritual."
 
Kat chuckled and smiled, "I figured you deserved some reward for being a body pillow." It was getting easier to smile and joke, to want to laugh. She kept cooking while he filled the bowl. Then she nodded. "All of my routines are changing. None are what they were before." She went and opened the back door to let the dog in, murmuring a command for him to eat before returning to turn everything off, getting to all put onto plates for them. She offered Thor a plate before taking her own. "It fees good to be home. I really needed this." She muses softly as she moved to sit at the small kitchen table that only had two chairs. Clearly Kat didn't get much company before her captivity.
 
He made their coffee and then placed the two steaming mugs on the table before taking his plate and sitting down with her. "As long as you exchange the old for a good new, I am all for change."

He looked down at the food, "Looks good, now to see if you are as good a cook as I smell you are."

He chuckled and after saying a brief prayer, he picked up the fork and took a bite of the eggs. "Nice."

He buttered the toast and set to eating, holding up his fork, "Remember, slow down, enjoy the taste."
 
Back
Top