is there still no hockey?

I just heard on the news that all NHL games are cancelled until the end of December.

Not looking good for a season.

Betteman deserves to be shot.

Put Don Cherry or Wayne Gretzky in charge of the NHL and watch it flourish.

With Don Cherry in charge, it would contract back to the original six, plus Vancouver, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Philadelphia, and maybe New Jersey. He's not bright when it comes to the business end of the game.

With Don Cherry in charge, it would contract back to the original six, plus Vancouver, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Philadelphia, and maybe New Jersey. He's not bright when it comes to the business end of the game.

Maybe not, but he knows hockey.

He likes ' rock 'em, sock 'em' style hockey.

That will attract the crowds.

The Russian league has never seen higher attendance.

Not true.

The KHL's glory days ended years ago and the rinks have been empty for ages.

The lockout now means they get 1,500 people in rinks designed to hold 6,000 people, up from the 500 tops they were getting previously.

And that's the "big" Moscow teams.

Not true.

The KHL's glory days ended years ago and the rinks have been empty for ages.

The lockout now means they get 1,500 people in rinks designed to hold 6,000 people, up from the 500 tops they were getting previously.

And that's the "big" Moscow teams.

Link? Cite?

googling tells me that the khl started in 2008, so... yeah.

If you have to google to know what's going on in hockey...

The khl is a new league, built on the remains of the old league, which failed....and the KHL itself has not been doing well either.

In Canada, an OHL junior game today is a bigger draw than a KHL game even one with Ovechkin et al playing.

Link? Cite?

Here...you may now commence fucking off.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ars-khl-still-a-mess/article5175535/?page=all

Last edited:
googling also told me their average attendance has been steadily increasing ever year since their founding.

googling also told me their average attendance has been steadily increasing ever year since their founding.

I remember when Hyundai went from selling 1,000 cars a year in Canada to 4,000.

That was a MASSIVE increase. (percentage-wise)

Read my original reply about the increasing attendance...it's still chicken feed.

Hockey is NOT as popular in Russia as others in this thread suggested.

That's why I said "Not True"...because I was (and remain)...right.

If you have to google to know what's going on in hockey...

The khl is a new league, built on the remains of the old league, which failed....and the KHL itself has not been doing well either.

In Canada, an OHL junior game today is a bigger draw than a KHL game even one with Ovechkin et al playing.

Here...you may now commence fucking off.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ars-khl-still-a-mess/article5175535/?page=all

You reference Ontario a lot.

I thought you were in BC.

you should read that. it really doesn't contradict anything i said. it really just says that the khl isn't quite there, but it is getting better. russia is just kind of a shithole. that's not exactly shocking.

692311916_1357443.gif

Back