"I'll take songs from the 80s for 2000"

MSTarot

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Posts
1,179
Had an idea hit me in the head this morning while I was drinking my coffee. I think it might be an interesting challenge to see if you could write a 2000 word story using a song, both title and lyrics, as the plot for the story.

Example: Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' Young virgin girl lost in the wilderness gets found by a hansom game warden. When she rushes into his arms the overwhelming emotional relief at being rescued ends her up in love. Touched for the very first time. Feels so good inside.

I know a little weak but that's right off the top of my head. Find you a song and run with it.

Doesn't have to be a song from the 80s but that when I grew up and we had some killer music. Post a link to your results or post it here, your choice of course.

I'm thinking maybe something by KISS. Hell half their song are about partying and sex.

Have fun with it.
M.S.Tarot
 
Last edited:
I'm sure all kinds of fun could be had with "Girls just wanna have fun"

Now keeping it in true porn fashion I imagine Motley Crue's Ten seconds to love could inspire something fun.

I mean when you have lyrics like

"Bring a girlfriend, maybe bring Two. I got a camera, make a star out of you"
 
I had a one page story which was inspired by Nine Inch Nails' "With Teeth". It was posted for several months. It got more feedback than the stories with several chapters. Don't have the link anymore. I send through personal mail only.

Just a tip: If the lyrics are quoted in the story, not more than 50% of the song can be quoted. Copyright issues.

There's always some song in my head to inspire some crazy dream :) They come in flashes, from classical music of the 1700s to current rock, to blues....

Hope you get responses to your thread. :)

Listening to Love in an Elevator...
 
me - dumb

Keep swimming,keep swimming,keep swimming..... it's been that kind of a day.

Working my story to the song 'One Night in Bangkok' should have it ready to post by this weekend if not sooner.

Got into editing my newest story "Narcissus' and getting it posted and the next to appear "Melody and Lyrics" this weekend. I only got about 75% of this one done. Will hopefully get finished writing it tomorrow night and start editing it.

Going to bed now. Tomorrow is so going to suck. Oh well three day work week so it will be over soon.

M.S.Tarot
 
Hmmm...

I suppose "Angel is a Centerfold" or "Kiss Me Deadly" would be too easy.

I need to look up whether "Old Lang Syne" was seventies or eighties...
 
Yeas!!

"Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelburg was first released as a single in 1980.

Too late for Christmas contest, but this should be fun! ;)
 
I think Mistress Lynn was involved in a project like this a while ago.
I'm sure I remember reading something about El Paso.
 
I've been developing a story that is inspired & partly based on the 1984 song "Come said the Boy" by Mondo Rock. It is also inspired and based around a 1980s television show (1989).

Hopefully I have it finished soon.
 
I've written stories inspired by "Centerfold", "Living Next Door to Alice", "Her Town Too" and (loosely) "Killing Me Softly with His Song", although I think I only posted the first two here.
 
Had an idea hit me in the head this morning while I was drinking my coffee. I think it might be an interesting challenge to see if you could write a 2000 word story using a song, both title and lyrics, as the plot for the story.

I love doing that. I usually try and work a song into my stories but every now and then I get totally inspired by a song and write a story based on it. The last one was Chris Rea's "September Blue" that inspired this story ("September Blue").

I'll be all right though I may cry
The tears that flow they always dry
It's just that I would rather be with you now
And every time I see that star
I will say a prayer for you
Now and forever September blue
'coz I'll always love you
September blue​
 
I was thinking Madonna's "La Isla Bonita" would make a great basic plot setting.

Tropical the island breeze
All of nature wild and free
This is where I long to be
La isla bonita

And when the samba played
The sun would set so high
Ring through my ears and sting my eyes
Your Spanish lullaby
 
Alabama, "Lady Down on Love"

"It's her first night on the town since she was just eighteen
A lady down on love and out of hope and dreams
The ties that once bound her now are broke away
And she's like a baby, just learning how to play

...

Now she's a lady down on love
She needs somebody to gently pick her up
She's got her freedom, but she'd rather be bound
To man who would love her and never let her down
Now she's a lady down on love."

Or...

A new divorced explores her fantasies with a night out at a bondage club and finds a world she never expected could exist.
 
I used Basshunter's 2009 song 'All I Ever Wanted' as a title, but the story doesn't reflect the song lyrics, I just thought it was a good title for the story I was writing.

I used Frankie Valli's 'Rag Doll' as the inspiration for my own 'Rag Doll', and the song did actually inspire the story in a big way, in that the story is about a girl who was the school laughing-stock and outcast.

I also went with Valli's 'Big Girls Don't Cry', which kicked-off the whole story idea, so in a away it did inspire the story. OK, so they're not all 80's, 90's, or Noughties songs, but I couldn't resist using them.
 
Songs from the 80s don't mean much to me. My children were too young to be interested in modern music for the first half of that decade.

But I have written stories based on songs. Links in my signature.

Jeanie the Genie from Jeanie with the light brown hair (published 1854 written by Stephen Foster). Sam Cooke version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHSTjJ977jQ

The Magic Flute from the ordeal of Tamino and Pamina in Mozart's Die Zauberflote (first performed 1791).

Lensky's Aria from Tchaikovsky's opera Eugene Onegin (first performed 1879).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYgT89paO1Q

Godiva from the song Lady Godiva sung by Peter and Gordon in 1966.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Src_WCmsg8o

Is E an Aussie, Is He, Lizzie? performed by Flotsam and Jetsam in the 1930s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD9n-wjnfjI

And a modern performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgIkoylBhs

The Valkyries - Wagner of course!

You Who Know... from Mozart's 1786 opera The Marriage of Figaro aria Voi che sapete...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDeFdGzthV0

My current contest entry Haunted Manor from the opera The Haunted Manor (Polish: Straszny dwór) by Polish composer Stanisław Moniuszko (first performed 1865).

A bass aria from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUYhIUlHX70

The whole opera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHbaNh2Cpkw
 
Last edited:
Of my stories...
Changing Partners was inspired by the 1950s standard (somewhat more recently covered by Elvis Costello), although the story went in rather a different direction once I got rolling on it.

Grand Island is me reimagining "Mail Order Annie" by Harry Chapin, if Annie hadn't gotten off the train.

Brand New Tennessee Waltz - I mean, couldn't everybody see when you steal your best friend's sweetheart, it isn't going to end well? Bonus points for anyone who can tell why I used the names I did for the characters, too.

What's Her Name? I Can't Tell You!...I named the story after the song only after I wrote it, when it occurred to me that the protagonist's approach to the situation is about the same.
 
Back
Top