Submission Calls

PatCarrington said:
make that 3 Literotica poets who will be in Mannequin Envy's winter issue.

it will be up on or about Jan. 15, '06. be sure to come and read.

happy holidays.

patrick :rose:


one day... i might feel i have enough courage and skill to be able to offer a submission.

one day.


don't hold yer breath though.
:D
 
Pirate Poetry? ahoy mayte?

Wish I had a good pirate poem, I am not sure I can write one.... maybe this would be a good Challenge....


Painted Bride Quarterly


Issue # 74
PIRATES

We've got issues. Among them, pirates. There are pirates among us, inexplicably, undeniably, unavoidably, e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e...the skull and crossbones the new Nike swoosh. Though they're often enigmatic they're inescapable; it takes a poet to know a pirate.
We'll consider poetry, fiction, and prose essays, as well as digital images, etc. on pirates: that includes (but is not limited to) real pirates, virtual
pirates, fictional pirates, historical pirates; piracy -- from ocean maruading to hi-tech hacking to street-corner tape sales to terrorism.
So, take this as an invitation to come as you aaarrrgh.


Issue # 75
WORK FOR PBQ

We're working on an issue about work-- about labor, vocation, stalking your calling; about your 9 to 5 or the work you really identify yourself with, your cubicle, your commute, your water cooler; about those hectic hours when you're writing poems at work or googling yourself or online shopping when you should be finishing that report for your boss; or those lonely hours in front of your computer at home when you can't get your fingers to dance on your keyboard because you are too damn tired but it's the only time you have for yourself---it's an issue about getting there, doing it, going home. We want your work about work.


Please note that we will not accept submissions via e-mail.

Send submissions to:

Painted Bride Quarterly
Rutgers University-Camden
English Department-Armitage Hall
Camden, NJ 08102
 
Another Erotic Call from a Class Act Journal

Okay, let's face it, some of the sites that feature all erotica all the time are seedy, shady, filled with flashy ads for dating services and the writing kind of sucks. And I am not being snotty, I have writing that sucks in some of these "journals."

When a "good" literary site has a special erotic issue, it is a chance to show people how Erotica can be taken "seriously!"

Come on, show 'em how it is done. We have the best erotic writers here at lit, come on, submit. Show them what you are made of.


Nothing to lose.

I love literotica poets

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Arlene Ang is editing the February
2006 Erotic Supplement of Poems Niederngasse.


Here's the cheeky call for subs.

Niederngasse turns up the heat this February!

The focus of our supplementary issue is erotic poetry: the sensual, the provocative, the intriguing. There are no limits when it comes to literary forms, sexual positions or gender preferences.

Submit up to 3 poems to: niederngasse@yahoo.co.uk

Deadline: January 15 (with replies on or before January 25).

As further invitation, guest editor, Arlene Ang whispers steamily: "Darlings, make my hands sweat to cuff your works to the PNG bedposts!"
 
New Horror E-Zine

has just opened to the internet.​

"We accept and show all forms of twisted and dark literature and art, at the moment our first week has been taken up by about 1k visitors daily, majority of which are readers. The site is growing and growing quickly and we hope to make it the biggest on the net.

But we are looking for quality, dark submissions.

The pages so far, are filled with work from the webmaster P J who is a well established short story writer, but for the next issue we need work from other writers.

Please visit us at http://www.worldwithinmag.com and check submissions.


Thanks
Yiota - World Within
 
Dragon's Fire Quarterly
Call for Submissions

Dragon's Fire Quarterly is a quarterly e-magazine for fans who enjoy erotic Sci Fi/Fantasy stories. Initially, Dragon's Fire Quarterly will be a free site. Our long term goal is to become a subscription based e-magazine.

Call for Submissions:


We are looking for sensual to erotic sci fi/fantasy adventures to debut on Dragon's Fire Quarterly between April and July of 2006. We want well written stories with a strong plot line and in-depth believable worlds or alternate universes. We accept serials, short stories, comic strips, poems, and flash pieces. We hope to have art submissions also, as we would love this to be a e-magazine for readers and art lovers as well.

What we're looking for:

Four Serial Stories; Two Sci Fi and Two Fantasy
Four Short Stories; Two Sci Fi and Two Fantasy
Ten Flash Pieces of 500 to 1000 words
Eight Comic strip; Four Sci Fi and Four Fantasy
Ten Poems
Fantasy and Sci Fi art work for the front page and for illustrations of the stories and poems.

We are interested in both published and non-published authors. Serials can be from 40,000 to 80,000 words; 10,000 to 20,000 for each quarter. Since Dragon's Fire Quarterly will debut later in the year, the serials will be either two or three parts. Those interested in submitting comic strips will have to include plot line and artwork.

What we don't want:

No disparaging of any race, religion, culture or ethinic groups
We do not want works that include necro, pedophilia, golden showers or anything like that

Payment as follows:
Serials: $150
Short Stories: $75
Poems: $15
Flash Pieces: $15
Comic Strip: to be determined
Art Work: for the cover: $90 / for illustrations: to be determined

We're willing to work with the author to make the contract work. For submissions or questions, please write to Rhiannon Kelley at: rhiannonkelley@gmail.com
 
Disappointing News:

ERWA: Erotic Readers and Writers Association no longer runs poetry on their site. This is a loss of a potential venue for publication of well written erotic poetry. It was also a nice resource for writers, although they never treated poetry on the same level as fiction--I wrote the editor for confirmation, but did not get any explanation. I know they can do what they want, it is a free world (well, okay, unfortunately it isn't but...) it is a free internet and she can do what she wants at her own site, it was just disappointing, and since I put out a submission call here, I figured I needed to let the three people who read this thread know not to send them poetry :)

Here is Adrienne's email address (her public address used for business correspondance) in case you want to send your condolences.

adrienne@erotica-readers.com

I will continue to post the submission calls she sends out in a great newsletter I would recommend to anyone who writes stories and is looking for venues for publication.

ho ho ho! I am missing Lit and have not written a poem since the week before christmas! hmmm I am not even sure I feel like passioning it out, sheesh.

alright, going going....

Happy New Year, be back soon.
 
Hiss Quarterly NC-27 issue: update

Update:

I heard from the editor that there is an exception to their "if the public can find it" clause--- she says that poems in online "workshops" do not count as "published"

Get those submissions in, only a few more days left. I hope to see at least one litteroticcer there :)



annaswirls said:
Second Annual NC-17 Issue

NC-17: A trademark used for a movie rating indicating that admission will not be granted to anyone under the age of 17. This could be because of excessive violence; sex scenes; an accumulation of drug, violent or sexually-oriented language, and/or other features that the Motion Picture Association of America's Classification and Rating Administration believes most American parents would feel is patently adult and that children age 17 and under should not be admitted.

The NC-17 designation does not, however, signify that the rated film is obscene or pornographic in terms of sex, language or violence.

DEADLINE: January 1, 2006

The Basics:

We DO NOT accept simultaneous submissions.

If any of the work you wish us to read is under consideration by any other publications, don't send it to us until you have received notification of rejection from all other publications. If we are the first to whom you send it, do not send the work to anyone else until you have heard from us, or we will not be able to publish your work.

We DO NOT accept previously published written work.

Excepting graphic art and photography: If the work you wish to send has appeared in print, or on the World Wide Web (other than in workshop forums), it has been previously published. Don't send it to us.

Note below: pretty interesting! as

We consider "online appearance" to include your personal website or blog, and anyone else's website or blog, whether or not it represents itself as a publication. In other words, if the public can find it, it's published.

We DO NOT accept attachments.

Thanks to the inventors of computer viruses, we only accept submissions "in the body" of the email. If you have special concerns about formatting, try "rich text" format in your email or explain that *this* means italics, etc. If attachments are absolutely necessary, you may query ahead of time and we will send you specific guidelines if we wish to consider your work.



POETRY:

We publish poetry in two formats: Rear View Mirror and Featured Poet. To be considered for the Rear View Mirror, please submit a maximum of three (3) poems, along with a short bio and your three most recent publishing credits (or anything else special you'd like to tell us).

We showcase one or two Featured Poets per quarter, publishing up to ten poems representing their work. If you desire consideration as a Featured Poet, please submit three to five poems, along with a short bio and your three most recent publishing credits (or anything else special you'd like to tell us). If you are considered a likely candidate, we will request more of your work.

If you seek to become a Featured Poet, please send your poetry far in advance of the Theme's deadline.

In either case, please mark your submission with "POETRY: Your Last Name/Theme" as the subject line of the email — for example, "POETRY: Nash-Lee/NC-17."
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desert Moon Review Winter Poetry Contest

Desert Moon Review's Winter Poetry competition has the theme of Winter or any of the seasons, as you interpret them, poems up to 40 lines considered, any form but previously unpublished.

Workshopped poems will be considered not published. We will be looking for quality work that reflect either a Winter theme or the theme of the seasons. Deadline January 10, 2006.

Winners will be published in Crescent Moon Journal, the electronic magazine of Desert Moon Review (see previous issues at http://www.desertmoonreview.com/journal.html). E-mail your entries to editor@desertmoonreview.com

Good luck, everyone!

Christopher T. George
Editor
Desert Moon Review
 
Call for Submissions: Haiku Harvest

You are invited to submit haiku and tanka for the Spring & Summer 2006 issue of Haiku Harvest. The submission deadline is June 15, 2006.

HAIKU HARVEST Journal of Haiku in English is dedicated to publishing and promoting haiku, both in the western tradition of classical haiku and in all related forms, and tanka. We give generous space to poets so they can demonstrate the range of their haiku and we promote innovative ku by providing a showcase for poetry in new forms that are serious attempts to assimilate the haiku tradition in forms within the English poetic tradition. Publishing since 2000, Haiku Harvest has archived early print versions in the California State Library’s American Haiku Archive. The Fall & Winter 2005 issue was printed as a 6x9 perfectbound paperback.

Haiku Harvest, Monkton, Maryland. Website: http://www.haikuharvest.net/ Editor: Denis M. Garrison. Email 1 to 10 poems to the Editor at submissions@haikuharvest.net Detailed submission guidelines and email submission links are on the website. Haiku Harvest looks for top quality haiku and tanka in all styles. No payment for publication. Publishes digital editions online and in print.

Thank you for sharing this call widely.

Sincerely,
Denis M. Garrison
Editor, Haiku Harvest
http://www.haikuharvest.net/
submissions@haikuharvest.net
boswell1776@yahoo.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Static Movement

I wanted to invite all poets to come to www.staticmovementonline.com and click on the submission guidelines and consider submitting to our new venture. We are in need of quality poems,and hope you will consider us.
Chris Bartholomew, Publisher
Static Movement
www.staticmovementonline.com


damn it is so much easier finding these submissions calls than actually SENDING them.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


http://www.poetrycircle.com

It's part poetry magazine, part forum. Has some well-known contributors, including Lynn Lifshin, Richard Kostelanetz, and others. Bent is toward contemporary and experimental.

edited to say: more forum than magazine. you have to register to submit/participate
 
Last edited:
Hand.Tooth.Nail is a dynamic new electronic literary and art journal founded to give established and emerging writers and visual artists a medium for their unique voices. We crave diversity and thus feature all styles: from ground-breaking to traditional; from loud or explosive to calm and tender; and from haiku to free verse. We especially relish work that displays raw emotion and doesn't mind exploring new territories.

Visit us at

http://www.handtoothnail.com/

Hand.Tooth.Nail is now accepting submissions of poetry, prose, fiction, flash fiction, photography and other visual art. We only accept electronic submissions. Please see the appropriate category below for specific
guidelines.


Poetry

Please submit 3-7 previously unpublished poems of any length to poetryeditor@handtoothnail.com. Please include your work in the body of the e-mail. We accept simultaneous submissions. However, if your submission is accepted for publication elsewhere, please notify us as soon as possible. Please do not submit previously published material. We respond to all submissions, and we try to respond quickly. If you do not hear from us within 6 weeks, feel free to send us a friendly reminder. Please include a short bio and contact information with your submission.
 
*Poultry?

I checked this out, looks pretty cool. Some great poetry on there but very approachable.

Poultry Broadside is now accepting poetry submissions
for its February and March editions. Guidelines and
and a sample issue may be had at
http://gunchpress.blogspot.com.

- Virgil

Virgil Hervey, Editor
Gunch Press
P.O. Box 544, Yellow Springs, OH 45387
http://gunchpress.blogspot.com/


Poultry Broadside is a free poetry broadside, in this case a four-fold brochure printed on 8 1/2" x 14" colored paper. Seven panels will be used for poetry, one or two poems per panel. The title's obvious and admittedly corny play on words is a signal that I don't think we should take ourselves too seriously. If you think you are the next Dylan Thomas, you might want to try somewhere else. If you think you're the next Charles Bukowski, I'll give you a read, but posers beware. Edgy is good. I like poetry that shows an appreciation for life's little ironies, the poem that gives you a wink, especially in the last few lines. The editor's personal taste rules the roost.



Please follow these guidelines:


Send no more than 5 poems at a time

No rhyming poetry

No shape or center aligned poems

No sappy love poems or teen angst

Profanity is not encouraged, but may be acceptable if it serves the poetry and is not for shock value alone

Keep it to 40 lines or less due to space limitations - long lines won't work either

All submissions via regular mail must include a SASE for return of manuscripts and notifications

Email submissions to gunchpress@yahoo.com are encouraged

Your submission will be with the understanding that you are giving me the right to publish your poem one time in North America and recreate the publication in which it appears on the Internet. Thereafter, all rights to the poem will revert to you, the author. Furthermore, by submitting your work, you are attesting to the fact that it is your intellectual property and yours alone and that you have the right to offer it to me for publication. If the work has been previously published, please provide the details. I will accept previously published work as long as the writer has retained the rights to it and I am provided with the history.

Payment is four copies. If you need more, just let me know. Poultry Broadside will be available free of charge in Yellow Springs, Ohio, to all others for the cost of mailing. Copies are now available at Epic Bookshop, 118 Dayton Street, Yellow Springs.

Thanks for your inquiry and good luck with your submission.

Virgil Hervey, Editor
Gunch Press
P.O. Box 544
Yellow Springs, OH 45387

gunchpress@yahoo.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wherever chickens are outlawed,
only outlaws will have chickens.
 
Last edited:
*Sein und Werden

I just found this one, looks pretty cool-- I plan on submitting at some time soon.
Bogus, I know your work would do great here, and Eve, your photos would blow them out of the water. I am also thinking of your chicken beaks :) and other Southern themed poetry would do nicely.

seinundwerden@gmail.com

The eighth issue of Sein und Werden will have duende as its theme.

Duende has a number of definitions, all revolving around magic, creativity, inspiration, charisma, blood and the earth... For me the word conjures an image of Dia de los Muertos, of voodoo, of Frida Kahlo. This is what I am looking for. Check out this link for more information:

http://www.duendedrama.com/duendees.htm


This theme applies to all aspects of the zine - poetry, prose, artwork, photography, animation and music... However, it is not exclusive and I will accept non-themed work.
 
interesting thread

But I had a look at many of the so called poetry sites, ezines and poetry journals posted in this thread. My own opinion (please feel free to ignore it), is that you are not setting your sights high. If you decide to take this "easy-to-do" path, you will yourself limit your growth possibilites and probably end up no where. For all those who are serious about their writing, this is not the path to take.

Do not take this advice as elitist or anything. I havent written a poem in last two years. But when I was writing, I aimed high and got some success. Most of credit for this goes to Guru Senna Jawa.

Someday I will begin writing again, and this time I will be aiming for the very top. Here I will like to mention another very important fact - look at some of the poems that do get published in top journals - a big percentage of poets here can write better, have written better - but - they are either not ambitious, or lack confidence in themselves. Believe me, lots and lots and trash gets published in important journals, you have to find a way and persist.

Zhuk
 
Last edited:
Zhuk said:
But I had a look at many of the so called poetry sites, ezines and poetry journals posted in this thread. My own opinion (please feel free to ignore it), is that you are not setting your sights high. If you decide to take this "easy-to-do" path, you will yourself limit your growth possibilites and probably end up no where. For all those who are serious about their writing, this is not the path to take.

Do not take this advice as elitist or anything. I havent written a poem in last two years. But when I was writing, I aimed high and got some success. Most of credit for this goes to Guru Senna Jawa.

Someday I will begin writing again, and this time I will be aiming for the very top. Here I will like to mention another very important fact - look at some of the poems that do get published in top journals - a big percentage of poets here can write better, have written better - but - they are either not ambitious, or lack confidence in themselves. Believe me, lots and lots and trash gets published in important journals, you have to find a way and persist.

Horizon
why and
why not

Zhuk

Hello Zhuk and nice to see you here again. :)

I didn't write for almost ten years at one point, didn't think I could anymore, but it all came back to me. So yes, you will write again.

I think many of the recommendations here in anna's thread are wonderful, good places to submit one's poetry. You're right they're not the top places (like New Yorker, Poetry Magazine, etc.), but many are really good places that are committed to publishing "new" poets. It's good to be published, have success. It builds confidence. I also think some of these publishers offer newer writers a place to grow with them.

I appreciate that anna shares this info with all of us: it takes time and it's a real service to the forum. I would suggest that anyone who wants to try for the top tier of journals/magazines invest in a copy of Poets Market. It's a compendium of poetry publishers (mostly in the USA and England), and it also covers book publishers and contests. It gives loads of info about what each publisher looks for, the ratio of submissions to acceptances, and how willing a publisher is to accept submissions from new or less-published poets. When you study it, you discover that there are "top" places that will seriously consider your poems even if you aren't a "name."

:rose:
 
Last edited:
Angeline said:
It gives loads of info about what each publisher looks for, the ratio of submissions to acceptances, and how willing a publisher is to accept submissions from new or less-published poets. When you study it, you discover that there are "top" places that will seriously consider your poems even if you aren't a "name."

:rose:

I've had a couple of very nice personal rejection letters from places telling me they only accept already published poets even though this stipulation isn't in their submissions policy which has led me to believe that a) they really liked the poem to bother with a personal rejection and b) the editors lack self confidence when choosing an unknown, should they end up with egg on their faces.

I've come across this in the art world too where administrators just don't seem to have confidence in choosing an unknown. In my eyes they should resign and get a civil service job if they can't think outside the box but it's pointless complaining, one has to keep knocking on the door or find an alternative route.

I think like you Ange, anna does a splendid job.
 
bogusbrig said:
I've had a couple of very nice personal rejection letters from places telling me they only accept already published poets even though this stipulation isn't in their submissions policy which has led me to believe that a) they really liked the poem to bother with a personal rejection and b) the editors lack self confidence when choosing an unknown, should they end up with egg on their faces.

I've come across this in the art world too where administrators just don't seem to have confidence in choosing an unknown. In my eyes they should resign and get a civil service job if they can't think outside the box but it's pointless complaining, one has to keep knocking on the door or find an alternative route.

I think like you Ange, anna does a splendid job.

I've been rejected by some of the finest publishers known to poetkind. :cool:
 
Zhuk said:
But I had a look at many of the so called poetry sites, ezines and poetry journals posted in this thread. My own opinion (please feel free to ignore it), is that you are not setting your sights high. If you decide to take this "easy-to-do" path, you will yourself limit your growth possibilites and probably end up no where. For all those who are serious about their writing, this is not the path to take.

Do not take this advice as elitist or anything. I havent written a poem in last two years. But when I was writing, I aimed high and got some success. Most of credit for this goes to Guru Senna Jawa.

Someday I will begin writing again, and this time I will be aiming for the very top. Here I will like to mention another very important fact - look at some of the poems that do get published in top journals - a big percentage of poets here can write better, have written better - but - they are either not ambitious, or lack confidence in themselves. Believe me, lots and lots and trash gets published in important journals, you have to find a way and persist.

Horizon
why and
why not

Zhuk
\

Hey Zhuk-

I agree with your major points here. When I first began submitting I thought that any old place that would take my work was good enough. Then i began looking closer and some of the ezines had content I woudl not even want my worst poetry associated with, much less woudl I use them as a credit. I found a site online that basically says the same thig so here is the link--

http://www.austinslam.com/sonya/smallpresspoetryjournals.htm


I try to set my goals higher than some of the places listed on this thread, but for the most part, I believe that Anna gives the best links she can,. It is up to the contributor to be aware of how long the site has been around and what they post and what they do not post. ONe shoudl always read through the content. I tend to prefer the university-type places, they are harder to get into, and I havent cracked a single one yet, but I will keep trying. JUst because someone will publish your work, doesnt mean its the best place for your work!!!

good luck, poet-type peoples, :)

:heart:

maria
 
can anyone tell me what a "kill fee" is? I see some places offer a 25-50% kill fee to do with publishing and I just don't know what it is... :confused:

ps. Ang I did pick up a copy of the "poets market" yesterday as a matter of fact funny that you brought it up, it has alot of really good information in it...there is also a "writers market" out there too, at least where I was shopping, that is worth checking out.

I found this site http://www.webdelsol.com/f-infohome.htm to have some very creditable links on it. :rose:

thank you anna for posting all of these for us... :kiss:
 
Angeline said:
I've been rejected by some of the finest publishers known to poetkind. :cool:

Think of me when you you pick up your laureate and have influence. :rose: and I'll tell everyone you really are a nice person, honest! as you shun the adoring fans from your door.
 
Sabina_Tolchovsky said:
can anyone tell me what a "kill fee" is? I see some places offer a 25-50% kill fee to do with publishing and I just don't know what it is... :confused:

ps. Ang I did pick up a copy of the "poets market" yesterday as a matter of fact funny that you brought it up, it has alot of really good information in it...there is also a "writers market" out there too, at least where I was shopping, that is worth checking out.

I found this site http://www.webdelsol.com/f-infohome.htm to have some very creditable links on it. :rose:

thank you anna for posting all of these for us... :kiss:

Poets Market is my publishing bible. I study it to try to figure out where I'd most likely be accepted. I've had Writers Market in the past, and they do show poetry publishers there, but I'm less interested in prose writing now, which is Writers Market's focus. There are a few other books for writers/poets that offer publishing info, but I think these two are the best available. :)
 
Back
Top