The hot Arabic chick thread

I tried to find some piccies of the Fry's Turkish Delight ladies, as I used to nurse a fond ambition to be one some day, but I couldn't see any online. :(

:rose:

Thanks Naoko and HP. I've never seen the Fry's Turkish Delight Fantasy. The box of lokoum I received for Christmas only had a picture of old Hazer Baba selling treats to a little gorl with a women, presumably her mother, covered in robes.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=haze...cts%2FHazer-Baba-Turkish-Delight.html;311;600

This is my box of Turkish Delight. I'm keeping it in case I ever get an office again, when I shall put it up instead of the various interesting mis-spellings of my name usually provided as a nameplate - and almost always prefaced by Ms even when I had to have a doctorate to get the job.

Attachments

• Photo0821.jpg
    Photo0821.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 57
This is my box of Turkish Delight. I'm keeping it in case I ever get an office again, when I shall put it up instead of the various interesting mis-spellings of my name usually provided as a nameplate - and almost always prefaced by Ms even when I had to have a doctorate to get the job.

About the Ms business... When I was in Grad studies at a Uni in western Canada, one of our profs complained about being addressed as "Mrs" at the Faculty Senate. She was reassured that "Mrs" was a better honorific than "Dr," because "Mrs" meant "you were somebody's pride and joy."
She then pointed out that she wasn't married.
"But you have a son!" a colleague declared, and things went downhill from there.

This was the same University where we had to give a count of men and women at campus-catered functions because the luncheon dish was always chicken, and women were served chicken breasts while the men received leg portions.

Here we are, Tio. Here's a slave market for you. I can just see the sign by her feet: Prof. Mrs. Jiggly-bits. ;) I'm sure her symbolic deconstructionist analysis of weapons of mass destruction as a trope of masculinity is considerably raising her price.

e4.jpg

I would just like to mention in passing the gardens of the mosque in Grenada, which now has the cathedral built over the top of it. The original mosque had pillars (depicted) in rows, which were then continued as rows of trees in the courtyard outside: demonstrating a harmonious linkage between the work of man and of nature.

mosque-in-cordoba-spain-inside-photo_1467242-770tall.jpg

http://t0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHt5WnMRf_Lw_O-itPS9NGv0v8a10PMTC3S0k3sZj5ti3OxCFyCQ

Here we are, Tio. Here's a slave market for you. I can just see the sign by her feet: Prof. Mrs. Jiggly-bits. ;) I'm sure her symbolic deconstructionist analysis of weapons of mass destruction as a trope of masculinity is considerably raising her price.

e4.jpg

It rather puts me in mind of "Up Pompeii" (Frankie Howerd) where his fellow-slave Scrubba gets sold and he doesn't ("Oh the indignity of it.").

It rather puts me in mind of "Up Pompeii" (Frankie Howerd) where his fellow-slave Scrubba gets sold and he doesn't ("Oh the indignity of it.").

LOL, I don't think there's much danger of this one failing to coin a bit of cash.

It puts me in mind of JackLuis's thread about women renting out their wombs for surrogate motherhood, and only getting 21% of the proceeds. I was like, "What, I missed the chance of 21% cash down! To think I went through all that for freebies." :rolleyes: And I got stuck with hand-rearing the Piglet too.

(Forgive me! she was very petulant today. It was All My Fault, of course.)

Og, all your veil-dropping beauties are splendid. I love them. I wonder if I draped the curtains from the front room around .... No, perhaps not. ;)

LOL, I don't think there's much danger of this one failing to coin a bit of cash.

It puts me in mind of JackLuis's thread about women renting out their wombs for surrogate motherhood, and only getting 21% of the proceeds. I was like, "What, I missed the chance of 21% cash down! To think I went through all that for freebies." :rolleyes: And I got stuck with hand-rearing the Piglet too.

(Forgive me! she was very petulant today. It was All My Fault, of course.)

Og, all your veil-dropping beauties are splendid. I love them. I wonder if I draped the curtains from the front room around .... No, perhaps not. ;)

I trust they're all sheers...:D

These are Mati Hari. Not sure in the first one how she could dance in that costume.

black,and,white,classic,mata,hari,photography-22a5e868ad6a0e23d1aee5a04b7497d4_h.jpg

tumblr_lvgi6qWeva1qgazxho1_500.jpg

Mata_Hari_13.jpg

Mata_Hari_1906.jpg

Diana Rigg from The Avengers doing Seven Veils:

51KSRPWGpTL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Diana RIGG! doing a dance of the Seven Veils! I'm so excited! I love Diana Rigg so-o-o much, I am definitely going for one of those Fry's Delight costumes now.

I suppose you haven't got Mrs. King for HP, have you?

:heart:

Eeek, eek, Og, you are really teasing us now! Xena Warrior Princess in veils! I used to have a mega big poster of Xena hanging in my flat - sigh. Oh, that breast-plate.
LOL
:rose:

Back