What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_mf7idbiAjP1qlvt53o2_250.gif

Being able to look at other adults in my classroom when my students ask me some silly questions and know that we are all thinking the same thing.

Happy dancing.

:nana::nana::nana:

Meat loaf has announced his 2013 final tour to the UK

:nana::nana::nana:

Giving up food so I can afford to see him at least twice.

Hah! who needs food anyway :nana:

She found this on Homburg's FB page, and I thought it belonged here.

photo.jpg
heh.
Do you notice that crucial difference there-- it's not okay for atheists to express their resentment regarding the ideas that Christians put into action. Which, oh, by the way, are not okay.

Maybe someone thought they needed to seem impartial, like when they tell the victim of a bully that it takes two to have a fight.

I like the last one just fine, though.

heh.
Do you notice that crucial difference there-- it's not okay for atheists to express their resentment regarding the ideas that Christians put into action. Which, oh, by the way, are not okay.

Maybe someone thought they needed to seem impartial, like when they tell the victim of a bully that it takes two to have a fight.

I like the last one just fine, though.
I think it's likely (because of the *other* grammatical/structural errors/inconsistencies) that the person who wrote/originated it isn't quite the grammarian/orator some of *us* are ;) and didn't phrase it quite as elegantly as some people might.

I think it's likely (because of the *other* grammatical/structural errors/inconsistencies) that the person who wrote/originated it isn't quite the grammarian/orator some of *us* are ;) and didn't phrase it quite as elegantly as some people might.
I think you're correct, I noticed that as well. But even grammatical sloppiness can be quite eloquent. Semiotics and shit.

And I has a SADS. Which seems to be manifesting as a three-month-long PMS episode. :mad:

;)

Woman Tasered After 'Trying to Buy Too Many iPhones'
Chinese woman allegedly stunned outside Apple US store

Apple has come in for heavy criticism after a woman was allegedly tasered by police at one of its stores after refusing to leave when told she would not be allowed to buy more than two iPhones.

Xiaojie Li of Newton in Massachusetts bought two iPhone 5s at the store in Nashua New Hampshire last week, which were apparently intended as gifts for relatives in China.

When returning to buy a further iPhone this week Li was told by Apple sales staff that she had exceeded a two phones per customer limit designed to foil profit-seeking Internet resellers.

After refusing or failing to understand their request to leave - Li is reported to speak poor English - amateur footage posted on YouTube shows her being dragged from the store by police officers who are accused of tasering her while prone.

A police spokesperson later described the arrest as "a criminal trespass incident and fairly routine here."​

Oyyyyyy!

More at the CIO article linked through the headline. Again, the last paragraph (of the story, not included in this summary) is the kicker. :)

48 hours and he's home. :)

48 hours after that we'll be busy unpacking and arranging stuff in our new home. :)

The absolutely priceless face on the chimney sweeps face as the words "Mary Poppins" poured out of my roommates (trying to hold back laughing) grin. Um, he was not amused. The rest of us were, and after some negotiation he conceded that for $500 he would consider a song... just consider it. It would almost be worth it...

He is kinda dapper all dressed all in black and I have decided to just imagine him dancing it out in my mind and now I can't stop whistling chim chimaney chim chimaney chim chim charooo. :)

Last edited:
The absolutely priceless face on the chimney sweeps face as the words "Mary Poppins" poured out of my roommates (trying to hold back laughing) grin. Um, he was not amused. The rest of us were, and after some negotiation he conceeded that for $500 he would consider a song... just consider it. It would almost be worh it...

He is kinda dapper all dressed all in black and I have decided to just imagine him dancing it out in my mind and now I can't stop whistling chim chimaney chim chimaney chim chim charooo. :)

This! I have a thing for Dick van Dyke in that movie. Which has now sorta spilled over to chinmey sweeps in general. Too bad there aren't many around anymore.

The absolutely priceless face on the chimney sweeps face as the words "Mary Poppins" poured out of my roommates (trying to hold back laughing) grin. Um, he was not amused. The rest of us were, and after some negotiation he conceeded that for $500 he would consider a song... just consider it. It would almost be worh it...

There isn't enough sugar in the world already that you have to add this? Humbug! ;)

Realizing that this is the LAST freakin' year I am hosting any kind of holiday festivity.
Screw it!
See ya' all at the Chinese buffet!
:mad:

Realizing that this is the LAST freakin' year I am hosting any kind of holiday festivity.
Screw it!
See ya' all at the Chinese buffet!
:mad:

Hey, I gave up on hosting holiday festivities over decade ago. I am the epitome of bah humbug...and it's glorious! This time of year is so much easier and more fun if you just ignore it. :D

I will join you at that Chinese buffet. Spicy ginger beef, yum! :kiss:

LOL, I hear you. Give 'em hell! :p

Hey, I gave up on hosting holiday festivities over decade ago. I am the epitome of bah humbug...and it's glorious! This time of year is so much easier and more fun if you just ignore it. :D

I will join you at that Chinese buffet. Spicy ginger beef, yum! :kiss:

You guys are AWSOME!

I just knew SOMEbody else must know what this fresh, new hell must be like!
I've been doing it for almost 20 years (yes, since I was about 12...lol), and with the inappropriate level of maturity, or rather, lack thereof,

I
quit!

Big goofball hugs and kisses to you both...muah!
:rose::kiss::rose:

Got an email from a "healthy lifestyle" site that said, "10 reasons not to have sex with him" as the subject line.

With in a micro second I thought, "boy are you barking up the wrong tree!"

*giggles*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back