What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tee hee, they deleated teh post, WHY?

this is FUNNY

from a DEMOCRATIC UNDERGROUND POSTER

What happened that my SS withholdings in my paycheck just went up.
My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don't feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease will hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over $400,000.

YOU VOTED FOR HIM, JULIA......You voted with your CUNT, DUMMY:rolleyes:

Progressives waking up to New Year’s economic hangover
CommentsPermalinkPosted by Leslie Eastman

I don’t normally prowl the threads of Democratic Underground, but was interested to read comments regarding one of their complaints about an increase in social security withholding tax after Rush Limbaugh remarked on it today.

Surprise! The author self-deleted the comment.

Deleted by author

I guess being featured on Limbaugh’s program was more shame that NCTraveler could bear. However, she is not the only one shocked to discover that they are counted among the “1 percent”, the “wealthy”, and the “privileged” by Team Obama today.

Twitchy has a compendium of tweets that show a complete lack of understanding about the impact of progressive policies and federal fiscal irresponsibility on the individual level. My personal favorites are from the employers who have to hand out the smaller paychecks to their unhappy employees:

Employers comments

It must be especially frustrating to those who got a raise in 2012, to find they will actually be taking home less real pay in 2013. Happy New Year!

But the news gets even grimmer. December’s employment numbers remain weak, and Business Insider published a fairly scary chart comparing today’s employment situation to other post World War II era.

Fun Fact Of The Day: Workers Making $30K Will Take A Bigger Hit On Their Pay Than Those Earning $500K Under New Fiscal Deal…

A whole lot of people are about to find out they’re one of the evil “rich” people Obama has been railing against.

Via Daily Mail:

Middle-class workers will take a bigger hit to their income proportionately than those earning between $200,000 and $500,000 under the new fiscal cliff deal, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

Earners in the latter group will pay an average 1.3 percent more – or an additional $2,711 – in taxes this year, while workers making between $30,000 and $200,000 will see their paychecks shrink by as much as 1.7 percent – or up to $1,784 – the D.C.-based think tank reported.

Overall, nearly 80 percent of households will pay more money to the federal government as a result of the fiscal cliff deal.

‘The economy needs a stimulus, but under the agreement, taxes will go up in 2013 relative to 2012 – not only on high-income households, as widely discussed, but also on every working man and woman in the country, via the end of the payroll tax cut,’ said William G. Gale, co-director of the Tax Policy Center.

‘For most households, the payroll tax takes a far bigger bite than the income tax does, and the payroll tax cut therefore – as [the Congressional Budget Office] and others have shown – was a more effective stimulus than income tax cuts were, because the payroll tax cuts hit lower in the income distribution and hence were more likely to be spent,’ he added.

Zumi will be pissed cuz Obama promised...:(

I'm sorry...I'm supposed to be pissed because of something your racist shitstain boyfriend squawked about without attribution as usual?

tumblr_mcrs6aF78p1qznrqt.gif

Guy, I don't get pressed like you over life and feel fear of change. That's like the nth time I've told you this. Yeeeesh.

Now go and do something you're actually good at, which is showing everyone how much you're afraid of teh gheys working in the service industry giving you HIV and all sorts of other squiggly cooties by touching your daily McDonald's breakfast muffins bareback without plastic gloves.

tumblr_mc0zf4O1XE1qd1yf9.gif

I'm sorry...I'm supposed to be pissed because of something your racist shitstain boyfriend squawked about without attribution as usual?

tumblr_mcrs6aF78p1qznrqt.gif

Guy, I don't get pressed like you over life and feel fear of change. That's like the nth time I've told you this. Yeeeesh.

Now go and do something you're actually good at, which is showing everyone how much you're afraid of teh gheys working in the service industry giving you HIV and all sorts of other squiggly cooties by touching your daily McDonald's breakfast muffins bareback without plastic gloves.

tumblr_mc0zf4O1XE1qd1yf9.gif

you stew pid MOTHER FUCKER NIGGER KUZ and BULLSHIT ATTRIBITION

choke oin it

article-2256972-16BEDFA8000005DC-113_634x497.jpg

Zumi will be pissed cuz Obama promised...:(

BB's "Falsehood of the Day" is a moronic distortion. It's no surprise that you believe it though.

last week you were both called out on calling the payroll tax holiday expiring a tax hike even though you didn't want the cut in the first place. Or acknowledge it existed. The fact that Obama significantly cut taxes wasn't information that fit your narrative so you spent two years filtering it out. But oh, when it expired it's time to come out of nowhere and claim it's a tax hike as if there was never a cut!

After being called out on that distortion you kept quiet about it for a week then just came back with the same exact deception as if you were never set straight. Facts don't matter to you.

Last edited:
We are against tax holidys

Serves no purpose

Cut taxes...........period.

And what

I posted

Is true

You

Must. Protect. Da. Nigger

We are against tax holidys

Serves no purpose

Cut taxes...........period.

And what

I posted

Is true

You

Must. Protect. Da. Nigger

And what you are saying is that a tax holiday means higher taxes. We could do the math on this one but... well the Republican War on Math will keep you from acknowledging the meaning of numbers.

Same Story: Different Takes

Today’s Washington Post headline: Jobs Report builds hope:rolleyes:

Today’s Wall Street Journal headline: Tepid Job Growth Fuels Worry

Where Are The Jobs, Mr. President?

By Peter Kirsanow
January 4, 2013 4:14 P.M. Comments 30

When Nancy Pelosi asked that question in 2003, the unemployment rate was 6.1 percent. The unemployment rate for blacks was 11 percent. GDP, however, was growing at a 7.2 percent clip, and barely more than a year later the unemployment rate had fallen to 4.9 percent. That didn’t stop Pelosi and her allies, including many in the news media, from repeatedly asking the above question and proclaiming the jobs picture to be the worst since Herbert Hoover.

Today’s jobs report for December marks 48 consecutive months with unemployment at 7.8 percent or higher. Black unemployment is at 14 percent, up from 13.2 percent in November. And the labor-force-participation rate remains at historic lows as waves of people continue to drop out of the job market.

But Nancy Pelosi has lost her curiosity about the location of the nation’s jobs.

Welcome to Obama Normal.

Where the fuck are the jobs Mr President?

How the fuck long will you bame

SandyBush?
Where Are The Jobs, Mr. President?

By Peter Kirsanow
January 4, 2013 4:14 P.M. Comments 30

When Nancy Pelosi asked that question in 2003, the unemployment rate was 6.1 percent. The unemployment rate for blacks was 11 percent. GDP, however, was growing at a 7.2 percent clip, and barely more than a year later the unemployment rate had fallen to 4.9 percent. That didn’t stop Pelosi and her allies, including many in the news media, from repeatedly asking the above question and proclaiming the jobs picture to be the worst since Herbert Hoover.

Today’s jobs report for December marks 48 consecutive months with unemployment at 7.8 percent or higher. Black unemployment is at 14 percent, up from 13.2 percent in November. And the labor-force-participation rate remains at historic lows as waves of people continue to drop out of the job market.

But Nancy Pelosi has lost her curiosity about the location of the nation’s jobs.

Welcome to Obama Normal.

Wait what the hell say it's not happen:mad:

Health insurance companies across the country are seeking and winning double-digit increases in premiums for some customers, even though one of the biggest objectives of the Obama administration’s health care law was to stem the rapid rise in insurance costs for consumers.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/06/b...some-see-sharp-rise-in-premiums.html?hp&_r=2&

We already debunked this as right wing spin.

Insurance companies can no longer turn people down for preexisting conditions or boot them if they become sick and expensive to cover, a mandate Republicans said they wanted in their Pledge to America. That means it's much more risky for insurance companies to issue individual plans since there's no safety valve of separating from a customer who is expensive. But under Obamacare, people can go to their state's exchange when they need an individual plan and buy group insurance instead.

Obamacare has been law for a few years now, don't you think it's time you took a moment to learn what it is? :confused:

He's trying to explain the difference between your math and his maff.:D

Let's look at the 2011-2012 tax years.

Scenario #1: Payroll tax is 6.2%.

Scenario #2 : Payroll tax is 4.2% (aka what really happened)

Mathematically speaking, 6.2% and 4.2% are not equal figures. One is higher and one is lower. Now the laws of physics and reality say that 4.2% is the lower tax (assuming pay is a positive value). But Patriot Math tells us that 4.2% is a much higher tax rate than 6.2% because Obama was in office.

Using the math skills you learned in high school but were taught to disbelieve as liberal crap by Fox News, tell us which scenario had the lower tax rate.

We already debunked this as right wing spin.

Insurance companies can no longer turn people down for preexisting conditions or boot them if they become sick and expensive to cover, a mandate Republicans said they wanted in their Pledge to America. That means it's much more risky for insurance companies to issue individual plans since there's no safety valve of separating from a customer who is expensive. But under Obamacare, people can go to their state's exchange when they need an individual plan and buy group insurance instead.

Obamacare has been law for a few years now, don't you think it's time you took a moment to learn what it is? :confused:

Maybe if the idiots that passed the bill read it before they voted on it they might have seen more loop holes then a box of fruit loops in it.
No one understands the fucking thing it's up to committees to determine everything.

Maybe if the idiots that passed the bill read it before they voted on it they might have seen more loop holes then a box of fruit loops in it.
No one understands the fucking thing it's up to committees to determine everything.

So you're too stupid to learn what Obamacare is so you choose to be willfully misled by people who drum up hoaxes for political gain. The fact is lots of people know what's in the law, just not you. It's a lengthy document but it's indexed like a reference book. It typically takes me thirty seconds to look something up within the law which might as well be an eternity to you since you're not the kind of person who tries to find facts on his own.

I encourage you to reference the law itself or at least use an objective, nonpartisan analyst resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back