Four Chords

By bad. I get em confused sometimes. Either way cool mellow chord
It is. In C, you could lift your second finger as well (or hammer on from open to second fret), leaving just the third playing the root. Strummed from there, you'd have a Major 9 (C, D, G, B, E).

It is. In C, you could lift your second finger as well (or hammer on from open to second fret), leaving just the third playing the root. Strummed from there, you'd have a Major 9 (C, D, G, B, E).

Ya I have a song where thats pretty much the verse. Open C7 to a G but I leave out the B and E string. Nice and mellow. Doesnt sound good electric though

Idiots. Guitar players.

It's not the key, it's the mode.

And you wonder why we lose our patience with you?

I'm sorry. Now I'm being negative again, and I was recently admonished about that.

What you do is okay, and we just look at music in different ways, and that's what we do.

(I'm still amazed I could ever work with guitarists at all)

But we're good, right?

Oh, hell no. I was just borrowing that. Do you know how much brass instruments cost. Good god. Guitars are so much cheaper.

Hey, sweet cheeks. So good to see you posting around these parts. You know how much I suck at every instrument I play.
You might suck, but I'm sure you look cool rocking out!
Holy shitballs. My pal I was just writing about? After eons of not playing together, she just texted me that we need to get together. That sorta freaks my shit out. Girl, are you a member here? Or did the universe send you that message? World = weird.
You put the energy out there
Nope. Major 9 has a major 7. You're thinking of add-2.
Is an add 2 (a term no one with training every uses) if its the second i.e voiced with the root and then next diatonic note, if you play it up an octave and a second ( a Ninth), or work with jazz players who never use "add-2," its called an add 9.
Idiots. Guitar players.

It's not the key, it's the mode.

And you wonder why we lose our patience with you?
Guitar players speak their own language. Its really confusing, because it uses the same words as English, but means something different in their heads.
;)

Is an add 2 (a term no one with training every uses) if its the second i.e voiced with the root and then next diatonic note, if you play it up an octave and a second ( a Ninth), or work with jazz players who never use "add-2," its called an add 9.

Easy there, big guy.

ti-kb_zpsb7a5a306.jpg

Back