a pissed off Forum Moderator

cymbidia

unrepentant pervert
Joined
Mar 8, 2001
Posts
8,786
Okay. We're beginning to get a lot of spammy crap here. They're averaging one a day lately.

I'm all done being nice about them and have already begun to simply move them to the holding cell behind Lit's pretty facade for Laurel to have a look at.

I'm asking all of you to NOT reply to spam in any way.

That means DO NOT reply to posts that are just thinly disguised bids to get you to another site, to get to go anyplace else at all really - yahoo chat and ICQ and the like included.

And PM me or RisiaSkye or WriterDom (or all of us) when you see it, too, and we'll move it away to that big dumpster out back for Laurel to sort through.



This is like some kinda nightmarish natural progression of what happens to really good forums like ours. The spammers find them and begin to trickle in. Then we're knee deep in crap posts. Then we're drowning.

But...
Not fucking here.
I swear it.
:rose:
 
I would like a point of clarification . please. I have , in the past, posted a link to one of my Lit. stories in a thread, because I thought the story I told was pertinent to the topic. Do you feel that was inappropriate? If so, I have no problem with that, I don't wish to offend.
 
Caroline - NO!

What we're trying to contain are the kinds of posts where someone we don't know waltzes in and posts something like this:

Hi! The other day my man and me, well, he tied me up with his belt and then had sex with me for hours. He even went in the back and it was wonderful even though i'm a little sore today! If you want to talk to me about it you can find me at [insert some kinda link or email addy here]!

Or this:

Subbies, if you think you're ready for a real Master, a strict and Dominant Man who will not let you get away with any bad behavior, send me a picture and explain why i should respond to you. [email addy]

Or this:

I'm such a bad boy. I have lots of pictures of me being punished, too, and would really like to share them with you if you want to see them. Just write to me at [addy]/Just cum have a look here: [link]

Believe it or not, we've had examples of all those posted to this forum in the last week or so. They were not that blatant but when you boiled them down, that's what they were saying. THAT'S what we're trying to keep from filtering into the place, Caroline - not links to the work that we, commmunity members, have done.

We have to guard against strangers who only want to spam the place, NOT put our own off ever mentioning thier work. We have incredibly talented people here, Caroline, and i would hope none of us is ever shy at all about speaking up with regard to our own work.

Anyone not clear about anything else regarding these strange new rules that have appeared where none were ever necessary before?
 
Last edited:
cym, you are awesome!!

I think all of us in this forum can now understand why we feel so safe, and secure.... our Moderators do such an awesome job of letting spammers and trolls know that their presence here is very unwelcome... leaving the rest of us to post to our heart's content, without having to worry about someone stepping in and turning our words around... just wanted to let you guys know you are very much appreciated... cym, Risia, and WriterDom, a Huge thank you!!! hugs.. sierra :heart:
 
You mean they aren't legit??? geesh... I believed every word of them too.

next you will tell me I shouldn't respond to the "want 2 fuk?" ones.
 
Merelan said:
next you will tell me I shouldn't respond to the "want 2 fuk?" ones.
Merelan, darlin', i think you should take this one up with Hecate, don't you?
:p
 
Yeah, I know how it goes...

I help to moderate a PC help forum, and we occasionally get crap like that.

Thankfully, you're doing a great job 'cause I don't see any of it :)
 
Skally said:
Yeah, I know how it goes...

I help to moderate a PC help forum, and we occasionally get crap like that.

Thankfully, you're doing a great job 'cause I don't see any of it :)

And, again, I'm beaten to the remark....

:D
 
Every single one of you would be doing the same thing we are if you, too, had God(dess)like powers!



In all seriousness...you would, and you know it. This is a special place and it's special only because of us, all of us, those who are new and those who are not, and what we put into the BDSM forum at Lit. Without our words and our desire to breathe life into this place, it would devolve into atoms floating disjointedly about the slipstream, nothing more than a collection of posts stored in Lit's memory until Time's End. But it's far more than that, isn't it? For now, anyway, we're all here, preventing that disjointedness, and working to keep the place whole and level with respect to temperament and culture.

In a totally real sense, albeit an electronic sense, we ARE the world.
This world, anyway.
All of us, collectively.
:rose:




And i wasn't really pissed off, either. Just annoyed. I was, however, trying to reel you into the thread...;)
 
Last edited:
Thank you for adressing my concern, cym. I love this forum, and the wonderful job the moderators have done here. I support you 100%.
 
Damn you, spammers!

Don't you see what stress and frustration you're causing the ever-pleasant, tolerant, sweet-natured, happy-go-lucky Cym? For shame! For shame!

o)
 
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So lets start giving
Theres a choice we're making
We're saving out own lives
its true we'll make a better day
Just you and me

Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be OW stronger and free
As God has shown OW us by turning stones to OW

What's the big idea????? If I find out who was throwing those tomatoes you're gonna get it and not in a way that'll turn you one either!!!!

*slinks off grumbling something nasty about idiots who can't appreciate a timely song*
 
Timely songs and homely songs can be two very different beasts, darlin'. Sometimes the lovliest song can be made homely by the, uh, abilities (disabilites?) of the singer.

Just a little honesty cuz i care.
:rose:
 
cymbidia said:
Timely songs and homely songs can be two very different beasts, darlin'. Sometimes the lovliest song can be made homely by the, uh, abilities (disabilites?) of the singer.

Just a little honesty cuz i care.
:rose:

Oh, god, that's even funnier than the "Vanilla Orchid"!

Sorry, KM. I don't know your singing voice. But that was a good one.
 
Oy. :rolleyes: KM, I thought you *weren't* a sadist? :)

Sierra and all, thanks for the vote of confidence. While cym brings such concerns out to discuss and acknowledge, I just quietly slink those offending threads off to the garbage bin out back. Sometimes, it's fun to have invisible goddess-like power. :D
But, it's good to hear that I'm not abusing it.
 
KillerMuffin said:
If I find out who was throwing those tomatoes you're gonna get it and not in a way that'll turn you one either!!!!

*slinks off grumbling something nasty about idiots who can't appreciate a timely song*

When life gives you tomatoes...make...um, spaghetti sauce?:)
 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Merelan
You mean they aren't legit??? geesh... I believed every word of them too.

next you will tell me I shouldn't respond to the "want 2 fuk?" ones.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


cymbidia said:
Merelan, darlin', i think you should take this one up with Hecate, don't you?
:p

Ok you little devilish pet of mine! First : Just what cym said! and who is sending you those anyway if it isn't me ?

So you now listen to cym and be good - after all she's a moderator and just like WD and RS has god(dess)like powers (good job all of you - honestly! seriously!)so don't you mess hith her ...


and me!


:kiss:
 
nice shoes?????

I am usually barefoot, so that one doesn't wash. Unless you try new improved Tide... with stronger...

oops.

I liked Killer's song. it was, cute. You don't know her voice? Go listen to some of her audio stuff. Whew.

Mistress, it was a joke, honestly, mostly... ummmm. well.
 
Hecate said:
Ok you little devilish pet of mine! First : Just what cym said! and who is sending you those anyway if it isn't me ?

So you now listen to cym and be good - after all she's a moderator and just like WD and RS has god(dess)like powers (good job all of you - honestly! seriously!)so don't you mess hith her ...

and me!

:kiss:

You forgot to mention me, you must be overdue for a spanking too.
 
Back
Top