Water Boarding BAD...... Drone Strike......GOOD!

One is torture, one is not.

I know, it's amazing how simple these things are when you break them down like that.

Drones do what they are designed to do. And they do it without putting one American Soldier's life in danger.

Water-boarding gets the prisoner to tell you what you want to hear...even if it isn't true.

Next question.

Drones do what they are designed to do. And they do it without putting one American Soldier's life in danger.

Water-boarding gets the prisoner to tell you what you want to hear...even if it isn't true.

Next question.

Oh, I imagine they tell the truth more often than not. Doesn't make it right though. Of course I'm sorta on the fence about torture. On the one hand it's wrong. On the other hand it's going to happen anyway so why waste time worrying about it?

I am really trying to figure this out. Torture is bad and letting them live is unacceptable but just killing them is OK? What if we capture them and just execute them without torture. Please explain the difference.

One is torture, one is not.

I know, it's amazing how simple these things are when you break them down like that.

Tell that to the collateral damaged......

OH that would be the Seriously Wounded people that were near the intended target! :eek:

Next question.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/25/world/asia/pakistan-us-drone-strikes

(CNN) -- U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan have killed far more people than the United States has acknowledged, have traumatized innocent residents and largely been ineffective, according to a new study released Tuesday.

"TBIJ reports that from June 2004 through mid-September 2012, available data indicate that drone strikes killed 2,562 - 3,325 people in Pakistan, of whom 474 - 881 were civilians, including 176 children. TBIJ reports that these strikes also injured an additional 1,228 - 1,362 individuals," according to the Stanford/NYU study.

Now y'all know that if Bush had instituted the drone strikes there would have been a uproar from the left.

Y'all know that...you were part of if when they were using smart-bombs and cruise missiles. The left was screaming about innocent civilians.

Now...not a word. Complete silence from the left, because it's their boy doing the killing, the blowing up, the maiming of civilians.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Now y'all know that if Bush had instituted the drone strikes there would have been a uproar from the left.

Y'all know that...you were part of if when they were using smart-bombs and cruise missiles. The left was screaming about innocent civilians.

Now...not a word. Complete silence from the left, because it's their boy doing the killing, the blowing up, the maiming of civilians.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Quite possibly true. What I don't understand from the right is the fact that none will back the administration on an issue they would have applauded had it come from a Republican President. Absolutely none on the right will even throw a bone. Not a simple "Well, its about goddamned time he did something right". No matter what the thing was. If President Obama slashed Govt. spending, made massive tax breaks all the things the right wants, they would still find a way to bemoan it. And sadly. the left is the same way. People have become so divided politically.. no middle ground.

Quite possibly true. What I don't understand from the right is the fact that none will back the administration on an issue they would have applauded had it come from a Republican President. Absolutely none on the right will even throw a bone. Not a simple "Well, its about goddamned time he did something right". No matter what the thing was. If President Obama slashed Govt. spending, made massive tax breaks all the things the right wants, they would still find a way to bemoan it. And sadly. the left is the same way. People have become so divided politically.. no middle ground.

That's probably because he hasn't done anything right since he became a senator.

As for the "If he did", he hasn't, he never will. "If he did", I would applaud, but he won't.

I think drones are a gutless way for, primarily western, governments to police the world in their own sordid design.

I don't really think it matters which way you are maimed and killed to be fair, so not sure the point of the OP.

I think drones are a gutless way for, primarily western, governments to police the world in their own sordid design.

I don't really think it matters which way you are maimed and killed to be fair, so not sure the point of the OP.

Corporations and private industry going to war with Arab nations in order to seize control of their natural resources?

Back