Bringing the sexy spy to Justice (Closed for Ravenloft)

WhatsBroknAlice

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Posts
393
tumblr_ln4xxtpU951qfxg26


Closed for Ravenloft
She typed furiously on her laptop inside the seedy hotel room. The rain outside was a beautiful sound, it quieted her mind...which absolutely needed quieting.
Thailand was a decent enough place to fall off the grid for awhile. The people were pleasant enough and no one cared much about her existence. She hadn't seen many Americans recently, she was thankful. She wanted to lay low for awhile, to forget everything and not kill or be killed.

Sonya had worked for the government once, in a manner of speaking at least. A smirk brought a sparkle to her eyes as she reflected. She had leaked documents and assisted in what many mainstream media networks would have referred to as terrorist organizations.

The truth of it had of course been more complicated, she considered herself...free lance and Sonya felt that corruption should be exposed. That people needed to face the truth, her government clearly had not agreed.
She was named a rogue agent, hunted by those whom she had once provided strategic input and psychological profiling. Those who viewed her as the lowest being alive. A traitor, few had interest in allowing her to continue her business of living.

Even the man she had almost forgotten her primary mission for, she had come across him once or twice. Having trained her from recruitment into special his discretion in having intimate relations with her had, inevitably helped her create a very breach within the establishment. For the great dishonor and problem caused by the female spy, The discredited agent intended to kill her himself.
The cat and mouse game had been fun when she was a recruit and he was training her to survive. Now, she would have to use everything he had taught her to stay out of his reach.
 
Last edited:
michael-fassbender-2011.jpg


Technology... As much as Dean hated to admit it, things were starting to pass him by. It's not that he didn't understand it, or had all that much trouble using it. It was that with all the new devices availiable, he felt that things were just too damn easy. No one had to put pride and effort into their work anymore. His lip curled up in disgust even as he drew the red beam mounted on his sniper rifle up along his target's shoulder, toward her forehead while she typed furiously away on her laptop in a seedy hotel room.

"Sonya." He whispered under his breath, tensing up for the kill just as she leaned forward, canceling his aim. A lock of her hair had freed itself from her tied back hair, settling along her cheek.

Dean relaxed his aim and watched, that lock of hair sparking a memory:

Years ago, the Le Grande Hotel, France, an evening filled with fine champagne and candle light. Sonya sat at a desk in a purple negligee Dean had bought for her, while he lounged on the bed behind her, keeping an eye on both her and a stop watch. She was stripping her personal fire arm while he timed her.

"Time." Sonya said. Dean sat up, stopping his watch. "Seventeen seconds." "looks like I've beaten your record." Sonya said as she leaned back in her seat with a sigh, a lock of her hair falling down along her cheek. Dean got up and went over to stand behind her, drawing that lock of hair back behind her ear. "Yeah, by a half of a second." Dean admited with a soft chuckle as he leaned down to kiss her neck.

*Back to present.*

Blinking, Dean snapped out of his memory and returned his focus on Sonya who had just noticed the red beam of his laser sight creeping up along her arm.
 
Last edited:
Sonya remained still for a long second, her breath caught in her throat. She did not even dare lift her eyes from where they had caught the hue against her flesh. She stretched her arms out and clasping the laptop she rolled off of the bed and grabbed a rigged lever that blackened the room, dark curtains blocking out light. She pulled a tiny flashdrive from the laptop and hid it in a hollowed piece of the bedpost.

She stayed low and to the corners as she crawled to the bathroom where an ice cold bath was always waiting to cool her temperature in case of heat seeking devices. She hopped in and grabbed the two handguns that were duck taped to shower wall.

Then she listened and waited for movement in the building, it was a small motel, you could hear everything. If it was a raid that would be evident quickly and she may have to abandon her tool bags and go.

"how....." Her mind raced for answers, no would could have known Thailand... It was her dream, one she never shared." She shook off the thought of Dean noticing her fixation with the culture and architecture of the country during her training.... or if she had told him. Neither of the thoughts made her feel better.
 
Dean cursed under his breath as he saw Sonya notice the beam of his laser sight. It was almost as if he could hear her counting off how long it would take him to get a solid bead on her. The thought set him off and he quickly shifted his aim. Just as he fired she had lifted her lap top in the way and rolled aside. He succeeded only in clipping the frame of her computer as her room went dark.

A strange sense of pride passed through Dean. "Damn, she's good." He thought to himself as he went about breaking his rifle down and placing the parts into its case. Twenty seconds, not bad for stripping a rifle, he thought.

He stood up, grabbed the case and slipped out the fire escape of his room in an apartment building across from Sonya's hotel. He went over the railing and dropped from floor to floor, until he landed in the alleyway between the two buildings. Slipping a detonator from his vest pocket, he knelt down and hit the button.

A fiery explosion consumed the fourth floor apartment he'd just left, sending gouts of flame and debris out the window up above him. Amidst the ensuing chaos and noise, he would either get the drop on Sonya or draw her out of hiding. Either way, he had a plan...

Rather than fight through the crowd of panicked people pouring out into the street Dean shattered a side window of an empty hotel room and climbed through. Brushing himself off, he went to the door and made his way up to the floor that Sonya's room was on. Room three-oh-six, it was down the other end of the hall from where Dean stood.

The clamor of blarring sirens and people shouting and crying outside did decent job in masking Dean's approach.
 
Sonya kept all but her head and hands submerged in the icy water and when she heard the explosion she swallowed hard. "Go" she whispered to herself her voice coming out cracked and panicked. "3....2.....1." She got out of the bathtub ran full speed from the bathroom grabbing her boots from the bedside and pulling them on along with a dry sweater which she tied around her hips before she added her pair of H&K P2000s to her shoulder holsters.
Her teeth chattered as she finished tightening her thigh holster and tucking two dart like long 'chopsticks' in her hair.

The explosion had come from somewhere across from her, he would be here any second. Sonya looked down and noticed her hands shaking as she opened the latch on the window and gauged the distance to the burning building across the narrow street. She could make it, sure was sure and running through a burning building would give her the chance to throw him off her trail. She was suddenly glad for the ice bath, may help her through the building and keep off his infared a little longer. She picked the laptop off the floor and threw it into the burning window first. That would at least keep him from snooping a bit, she smiled and took a deep breath taking a few steps back to decide which balcony was her best bet picking one on the left of the burning apartment. Taking off at full speed, she used the window sill as a bouncing board and jumped, fingers reaching for the slick bars of the balcony.
 
Dean lingered outside Sonya's room, weary of a trap. He looked around and spotted a fire extinguisher behind glass. He rushed over and busted through the glass with his gun case, grabbing the extinguisher. Returning to the door, he sprayed the extinguisher, looking for signs of laser beams. There were none, but it was better to be careful than dead. He heard the shattering of glass from within Sonya's room. "Damn!" He barked as he bashed the end of the extinguisher into the door, busting it open, just as Sonya made her running leap for the adjacent building.

Whipping his gun case aside Dean drew his side arm, a Walther PPK and took several shots at Sonya while she flew through the air. He ducked down crawled quickly over to the window she'd just lept through, expecting her return fire. Throwing his back to the wall next to the window, he took a deep breath before risking a look.

Across from him the door to the bathroom was open and he noticed a trail of water on the floor leading out. "Good girl..." He whispered, smiling to himself, realizing she wasn't going to be easy to track.

Dean took a glance out the window to find Sonya ready for him. They instantly locked eyes and time seemed to slow to a crawl.
 
Sonya's fingers locked around the railing of the balcony across from her but her grip was torn as a bullet pinged off the metal railing near her hand. She screeched as she dropped sharply catching herself with one hand. Hanging precariously she forced herself still and prayed that her hold would last.
The gunfire had stopped and she waited when their eyes locked, expecting him to fire.
Fear was in her eyes as she waited for him to kill her, She hadn't thought his eyes would be so unfeeling. She began pulling herself with all her strength up the bar trying to heave herself over the rail. The flames had heated the humid air and she was sweating just trying to hold on. She was sure that her left shoulder was dislocated and bit her lip to keep silent as she pulled herself over the rail and landed with a thud.
 
Last edited:
Dean had her dead in his sights and from the look of fear in her Sonya's eyes, she knew it. He narrowed his eyes and set his jaw, ready to fire... He found he couldn't do it, he couldn't take the shot! He leaned back against the wall, out of sight, shouting. "Sonya, I found you here! Know that I will find you, no matter where you go!"

He heard her draw herself over the fire escape's railing and collapse on the landing. "There's nowhere you can hide from me Sonya!" Dean was trying to bait her into answering as he leaned his head against the wall and scanned her room.
 
Sonya stayed perfectly still trying to catch her breath for a moment. He had a clear shot. She knew he could have killed her, the fact that he hadn't did nothing to comfort her. She inhaled slowly trying to measure her control, running her fingers up her left arm she locked her hand and jerked the dislocated shoulder back into position.

The white hot pain blinded her, she let out a sharp wail before she could bite it back. Her mind traveled to her training...., to Dean who had been the only reason she survived the grueling selective process for recruits. "serve your country or die" were pretty much the options given to high risk operatives like Sonya. She had admired Dean's devotion to his work, his meticulous instincts...his strength.

She remembered the way he had taught her to hold onto his voice, through torture, through immeasurable pain. He had promised her when she was new that if she were captured by opposing forces, before she broke he would come for her. It gave her the strength to never crack.

His voice broke through her reflection, "ironic" she thought, that he helped her survive even now. She wondered how he would feel about that little fact. She rolled her shoulder and loaded a fresh magazine.
 
The only sound Sonya made was a sharp cry of pain, most likely from having to set one of her shoulders back in place. "That sounded painful." Dean shouted. "Your accuracy's going to be hampered by it for a few days."

Dean paused as he heard the sound of local law enforcement down the hall. "Well, Sonya, I've enjoyed our little conversation, but I've really gotta run now." He called out as he tossed the blanket from Sonya's bed and yanked the sheets free. He had just enough time to tie one end of the sheets securely around the metal bed frame and make for the window. He fell down and outward from the building before swinging back into the outer wall with a grunt. Letting go of the sheet, he dropped the rest of the way to the ground, ducking and rolling to avoid breaking anything.

He sustained several cuts and abrasions as he rolled to his feet. Looking up, it was his turn to be dead in Sonya's sights.
 
Sonya gritted her teeth, forcing herself upright she could hear the pieces of the building collapsing and the heat was becoming unbearable. "we'll see" she called back as she leaned through the bars, propping her elbow for support she aimed to graze his shoulder and fired once before she heard the apartment next door lose its floor in a collapse the building shook.

Turning on her heels, she untied the sweater from around her waist and wrapped her nose and mouth with it as she ran through to the back of the apartment seeking the closest fire escape.
 
Dispite the pain in her shoulder Sonya's shot struck Dean solidly in the shoulder, causing him to spin around and drop to his hands and knees. Good thing he was wearing a flak jacket underneath of his suit. The force had drawn his shoulder out of socket though, and he had to wonder if she was just returning the favor. Using his good arm, he pushed off the ground and sprinted around the corner of the hotel just in time to evade being spotted by the local police.
 
She didn't wait to see if she had made contact, but the hopes that she had gave her a tiny flutter of self satisfaction. The flames had reached the middle of the apartment she had leapt to...if she wanted to live it was time to go.
She could smell burning hair and hear the crackling as the building was devoured by Dean's fire. "well played" she had muttered. Where ever his charges had been they had shaken the entire wing of the building. While crawling along the floor she had taken her layers of shirts off down to a black sports bra and had wrapped her hands in the wet clothing. When she made it to the bathroom that let out in an alley She found the window nailed closed. Coughing through the smoke she grabbed the top off the back of the toilet and smashed the window.

Once she slid down the fire escape and landed in the alley she lay flat on the ground in her black sports bra, hands still wrapped. She was sure he was gone, he had never liked attention from locals. She focused on breathing. "in with the good air, out with the bad" she recited the matra to herself. She could see the lights reflecting as law enforcement arrived, She didn't worry much about them canvasing the area. They would rule it over drugs and be gone in a matter of hours.
 
Dean sprinted several blocks, stopping only when he was sure no one was following him. He ducked into the relative privacy of another alleyway where he set his shoulder back in place, spouting a stream of profanities, far less dignified than Sonya had been, that was for sure. He couldn't help but be proud of her. He'd just put her through the wringer and the only one who had a scratch to show for it was him.

Back out on the street Dean hailed a taxi and got in, ordering the driver to take him to the nearest bar. He needed a drink.
 
Sonya allowed herself a 15 minute reprieve before making herself move. She laid quietly staring upwards into the smoky haze, listening to the chaos. She sobbed for awhile before forcing herself upright. She pulled the sweater on and went around the back of the motel she had been staying in. She knew that one of the guests had a young wife about her size, she had seen them leave earlier that evening. She quietly got past the maids break area and got hold of a universal room key. Keep it simple, go with what you know.

She went straight to the couples room and found the young woman's clothes. She dressed quickly taking a few simple items as well. The last thing she took was a hooded sweater and a pair of sunglasses.

Once she was settled on what she was taking she left a bit of money on the nightstand and exited the motel property. She was still trembling "something warm to drink..." She walked about 2 blocks to an area of town where at she would be offered money for sex, or some poor thug may attempt to steal from her. But no one could give a damn who she actually was. The little dive bar she walked into was a comfortable place, straight to the back corner by the window. The bartender recognized her and started a hot cup of tea and filled a shot glass, not word exchanged between them.


tumblr_lc7fgglLOS1qcangoo1_500_thumb.jpg
 
Dean had only been at the smoky little dive bar for about twenty minutes when he saw Sonya walk in. Without a moments pause he casually opened the coctail menu his server had left for him just as Sonya passed within ten feet of his table. She must really be shaken, he thought, to have not spotted him right away.

Dean considered the situation, there were far to many eyes in this place to openly confront her and he knew she would spot him within minutes. He threw back his second shot of whiskey and caught the attention of one of the servers while Sonya was being waited on in the back.

As the server came over to him, Dean undid the latch on his gold plated wrist watch and slid it off. "Take this to the lady who just came in, by the back corner window." He instructed as he placed the watch on the servers tray.

The server nodded and promptly did as she was told. Dean leaned back in his seat and watched, counting on Sonya to remember the watches significance. It was his white flag.
 
The pretty waitress smiled at Sonya and sat her steaming hot tea in front of her along with the shot of whiskey. She didn't walk away though and when Sonya looked up the woman nodded to where Dean sat and opened her hand to reveal the gold watch.

She brought her hand to her mouth, an involuntary reaction when she saw the watch. Her breath caught in her through as she lowered her hand to pick up the shot glass and down it quickly. Sighing then, she nodded "kob kun kaa" She motioned for another drink and finally turned her eyes to instantly meet Dean's. She knew that the exits in the building would not be easily accessed. "Run" a voice in the back of her mind screamed, her legs wouldn't move though she just sat staring in Deans direction. Her eyes were misted and her mind had gone to a place in her memory where things had been just as hard but far less complicated.

There had been little to no contact since Sonya had been blacklisted as a Rouge agent. She looked down at the watch, the fact that he sent such a personal message and...had not blown her head off meant he wanted to talk.
The idea of talking to him she found, was more terrifying than the concept of being killed by him. He didn't look much worse for the wear, tired....and angrier than she remembered. There was a coldness to him that she feared was brought on by her betrayal. She nodded to him inviting him to sit down, worth the risk she decided....always was.
 
As their eyes met Dean raised his brow and clenched his teeth, ready for any move Sonya might make. There was a hint of fear in her eyes, but that quickly passed as she seemed to drift back through her memories.

After an intense moment of just staring at one another, Sonya looked down and gave him an invitational nodd. Dean got up, straightened his tie and smothed out his suit before scooping up his empty glass and walking over to her table.

He placed his shot glass on the table and pulled out a seat sinking into it without a word. Drawing the chair in with a slight creak, Dean planted his elbows on the table and steepled his finger tips in front of his lips. "Why..." He could see that his question had caught her off guard. "Why did you go rogue Sonya?" He demanded, slapping his hand down on the table.
 
Sonya threw back the second shot and stared at Dean's hand, it took her a moment to answer. When she did she spoke slowly eyes downcast. "I never intended to hurt you Dean...but I couldn't do it anymore, keep pretending that I was anything more than a mercenary pawn working for money thugs....its all wrong Dean." She frowned and shook her head. "I didn't want to bring you down with me...I didn't think you would be the one trying to hunt me down either" she smirked and finally looked up into his face brushing her hair out of her eyes. "

"I should not have been so quick to dismiss your tenacity, underestimated your desire for revenge too" she took a sip from the steaming cup and winced slightly. "Hows your shoulder?" she asked, her eyes twinkled a little with an underlying grin but her face otherwise seemed expressionless.
 
"Well, you did, you hurt me more deeply than any one person ever could, Sonya. Forget all the money, all the prestige... It was you... Turning your back... On me... Leaving me to hang in your place!" Dean stated firmly, his eyes filled with cold anger for a moment.

Then, they softened and turned his head to the side. "You know, the moment I found out you'd fled I immediately went off mission, to come find you. I couldn't let anyone else find you first. It had to be me. I thought, I honestly thought I was out for your blood... The truth is couldn't take the shot..."

Dean smirked at Sonya's sly question, giving his shoulder a slow rotation. "No worse for wear. You give as good as you get, its one of the things I admire about you." He replied.
 
Sonya smiled and looked away, she never keep herself from beaming when he complimented her. No one else had ever done that to her, there had been a time when all she wanted in the world was a kind word from him. "You trained me with honor" she said as she brushed away a tear that had tricked down her cheek. "I did not think you would come looking for me....not off mission especially. But I never thought you would be sent to track me down...I figured they would see you as having a conflicting interest since you trained me."

She remembered being an unwilling recruit and how she had rebelled against Dean's leadership. She had been set on being killed instead of working agent. Dean showed her that she could still feel alive. At first she had hated him, he was anything but gentle in her training. but that anger had fueled her drive to stay alive. That spark and planted her love for her mentor...

She shook her head and stared at the glass watching the streams of rain run down in streams.

"I should be running right now" she muttered.
 
"I trained you to stay alive." Dean whispered as he reached out and took Sonya's hand in his, gently massaging his finger tips along the grooves between her knuckles. "They didn't send me after you. I disobeyed a direct order in scrapping my last mission to come for you. So, you see, we should both be running."

(OOC: Sorry for the short post.)
 
A tiny gasp escaped her lips when Sonya grasped his last words. "Dean...." she shook her head and bit her lip. Squeezing his hand she searched for words. "You could be killed Dean....Why did you come?...what now?" Her mind raced at the thought of him throwing his career and life into the abyss for her. "what have I done?..." Her expression showed the effort it took for her not to panic.
 
Dean shook his head and grinned. "You and I both know that death is the least of our worries, my dear. I had to come, I couldn't leave you on your own. Now... We have at least two days before any other agents arive, and I suspect more than just our own will be out looking for us." There was a hint of excitement in Dean's voice, as though the prospect of being hunted was somehow entertaining to him.

"Now, you stop that, right his instant!" Dean said sharply when Sonya asked what she had done. "Hold onto your convictions and never question yourself, even in the face of utter annihilation! Understood?!" Dean demanded.
 
Sonya forced herself to suck in a long slow breath and closed her eyes. Dean's sharp tone brought back her focus. She felt like she had just ruin Dean's life and that had been the last thing she had wanted.

The waitress slipped by the refill Sonya's hot tea, she nodded graciously and took a long drink before she trusted her voice to speak again. Her eyes focused on his hands and her hair fell down over her face. "I'm so sorry I dragged you into all of this...I really do believe in what I am doing, but it wasn't my place to risk your well being....you trained me better than that" She straightened herself trying to bring back the strong front she had maintained before she had seen him.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top