What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flight of the Conchords. Holy cow those guys make me laugh my arse off!

Also, David Sedaris, another rib tickler.

I love to laugh.

I love David Sedaris and have read all but his last, When You Are Engulfed in Flames.

That title is resonating with me. Off to the library, I think....

~LB

(Oh and I am so very happy about the un-named birds in my yard right now. I have no idea what or who they are, but there is a whole lotta sex going on in my backyard at the moment. I think this might be a sign of aging that I wax on all rhapsodical....about flippin birds...

But I still like my little birds.

~LB

BLUNDERING PIRATES ATTACK NATO SHIP
Monday March 30,2009

Pirates who attacked a ship off the coast of Somalia got more than they bargained for when it turned out to be a naval vessel - from an international force against piracy, Nato said. The pirates apparently mistook the FGS Spessart for a commercial merchant ship when they targeted it in the Gulf of Aden, between Somalia and Yemen. The German supply ship pursued the pirate boat, joined by two other ships, a frigate, a helicopter and a plane.

A Nato spokesman said: "Poor judgment by the pirates turned out to be a real opportunity for seven nations representing three task forces to work together and strike a momentous blow for maritime safety and security." A boarding team discovered several weapons and transferred seven suspected pirates on to another German frigate. NATO said the suspects will remain on board until a decision is made as to where they will be prosecuted.​

Bwahahaha!

BLUNDERING PIRATES ATTACK NATO SHIP
Monday March 30,2009

Pirates who attacked a ship off the coast of Somalia got more than they bargained for when it turned out to be a naval vessel - from an international force against piracy, Nato said. The pirates apparently mistook the FGS Spessart for a commercial merchant ship when they targeted it in the Gulf of Aden, between Somalia and Yemen. The German supply ship pursued the pirate boat, joined by two other ships, a frigate, a helicopter and a plane.

A Nato spokesman said: "Poor judgment by the pirates turned out to be a real opportunity for seven nations representing three task forces to work together and strike a momentous blow for maritime safety and security." A boarding team discovered several weapons and transferred seven suspected pirates on to another German frigate. NATO said the suspects will remain on board until a decision is made as to where they will be prosecuted.​

Bwahahaha!

I saw that. Good stuff!!

Oh, yes. They're brilliant! Adorably cute and hilarious. :D

Aren't they though? Every time the "Robots" song gets to the part with the Stephen Hawking voice, I lose it. Did you know that they originally pitched their TV series to TVNZ (New Zealand's TV station) but were rejected? Doh!

I love David Sedaris and have read all but his last, When You Are Engulfed in Flames.

That title is resonating with me. Off to the library, I think....

~LB

(Oh and I am so very happy about the un-named birds in my yard right now. I have no idea what or who they are, but there is a whole lotta sex going on in my backyard at the moment. I think this might be a sign of aging that I wax on all rhapsodical....about flippin birds...

But I still like my little birds.

~LB

I am, as you know, a big fan of birds. When I lived in Costa Rica, I became a total bird geek. It was not uncommon to hear something along the lines of, "Oh my god, look! A Blue Crested Mot Mot!!", from me...in public.

I will be ordering some more Sedaris in my next Amazon order. I don't know how many times I've listened to the book-on-tape version of "Dress your Family in Corduroy" and I still laugh, until I nearly pee myself, at his description of Dutch Xmas traditions.

Oh, another thing that made me smile today, I placed my bi-monthly Amazon order. In six weeks I shall have new entertainment and reading material! Hooray! Praise be to Internet.

Getting paid for an article I ghost wrote.

Then finding out the Loonie has dropped again so my USD paycheque will be larger than I expected.

Then, best of all, learning the story is going to be on the cover!

Seems I'm happy about a lot these days.

Dreaming all night of being in his arms, by his side, and doing even the most mondane of tasks. It felt like being home. :heart:

I smiled today at the thought of my ex behind me, bending me over the desk and whispering nasty things in my ear. Her hands running up my legs. Then I remembered I'm not supposed to be thinking about her that way anymore and felt sad. So two in one I guess.

The big grin and hello I got from a child at the nursery I went to for my interview.

I was being shown around and this little girl came up to me with a big grin and went "hello, are you coming to play?"

the stupidity of the common man... UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Getting paid for an article I ghost wrote.

Then finding out the Loonie has dropped again so my USD paycheque will be larger than I expected.

Then, best of all, learning the story is going to be on the cover!

Seems I'm happy about a lot these days.

congrats on the publication!

using my 'mad detective skillz' to suss out a trickster litster... will take more than that to fool me buddy :cool:

Does yesterday count?

Found out that the teacher who trained me to be a phleb is working for an up and coming company that I just applied for a job with :cattail:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back