The Literotica Tag team competition?

It’s not looking good. As much as I hate to do this, I’m afraid I’ll have to respectfully remove myself from this writing exercise. Four days have passed since I last heard from my partner. That follows their previous absence of six days. It’s been two weeks since our partners were assigned and my partner has been absent for ten of those fourteen days. With a competition deadline looming, a half written story, the interference of a personal deadline and the lack of communication by my partner; I don’t see where I have a choice. For those interested in judging me, a longer timeline follows:

Shortly after writing assignments were made, my partner and I exchanged a couple PMs and 10 emails.

By the end of March 3rd, we had exchanged 36 emails, developed characters, the plot was hammered out and we had swapped several drafts back and forth. And then?

Nothing.

Radio silence. I waited a couple days, tossed out an email asking if everything was okay and waited another day before notifying our fearless organizer how my partner appeared MIA. LC suggested we give it a couple more days. In the background, LC did a wonderful job trying to find me a secondary partner. I exchanged a couple preliminary emails with them before my partner showed up again.

On March 9th, my partner mentioned the intrusion of business as the reason behind their six days of silence. They had also extended the story and said they had more they could add more pending my input. I gave the story a light edit, answered a few questions and finished with <i>“You appear to be in a good groove with the direction. If you're comfortable extending from your stopping point, I am, too. Let me know how I can help with the driving.”</I>

It has been four days since their last email and my reply. I’m not sure how much time I should allow between emails, but I’ve reached my limit. Perhaps they are writing? No way for me to know. Should I pick up the gauntlet? Again, no way for me to know.

I believe we had a good idea. I liked many elements of my partner’s writing style. I was excited about combining two different styles and believed we had stumbled on a good system that included equal influences. Full disclosure: I have a major work project pending. It’s slipped forward from the end of the month and will begin on March 18th. I am unsure how deeply this project will impact my writing availability but I’m anticipating it will steal most of my writing time. (Yes, I shared as much with my partner.) Could I have continued as a good co-writer? I believe so, but not with a partner whom, to me, appears fickle. It’s not my style to pester someone to play with me. For these reasons, I’m withdrawing my participation from this competition. I sincerely hope all is well with my former partner.

Lovecraft68 deserves huge kudos for his Herculean efforts to resolve the issue of a MIA partner and trying to find a way to keep me in the competition. Additionally, two authors very generously offered to co-write with me following the first extended gap in communications. After I heard back from my partner, it didn't appear I needed their help. After another four days of silence? Well . . .

To LC and those two other authors: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I’m anxious to read the stories this friendly competition generates. I hope it’s a success and I look forward participating in a future version.

No judgment here. That sucks. How far from finished were the two of you? No way to bring it to a close quickly? Kind of stinks to trash the work you've already done.

No judgment here. That sucks. How far from finished were the two of you? No way to bring it to a close quickly? Kind of stinks to trash the work you've already done.

Without further input from my partner, it's difficult to access how close we were. I'd guess no less than halfway, maybe further - at least as far as the raw writing was concerned.

Once the stories are completed and posted, I'd LOVE to hear how others approached the concept of being a team.

For us, we came to agreement about the idea, setting and characters rather quickly. From there, we traded a couple drafts. Once one of us would receive a draft, the other would add their ideas - sometimes as margin notes, sometimes by applying a rewrite for approval and other times by making editorial style alterations. Each time, the person writing would add to the story, extending it a bit further. Felt like a good system to me.

Any chance the partner is one who only checks in on weekends? I know there is at least one in the group that works away from home sometimes with no email/lit access during the week.

Just a thought.

I don't do 2nd chances ever. If you don't come to work or show up on time...once...that's all folks. I learned that from Robert E. Lee. When his lieutenants failed to perform he didn't get upset or whine or cry...he fired them, and generally sent them someplace calm and serene and comatose.

Any chance the partner is one who only checks in on weekends? I know there is at least one in the group that works away from home sometimes with no email/lit access during the week.

Just a thought.

Perhaps, but it would have been nice if they had shared that with me. We exchanged multiple PMs and emails on various days of the week, though. I genuinely hope they're okay, but otherwise, I feel as if it's time to call it.

Just want to note that the first time Bucky's partner went MIA along with Pennlady's partner I pm'd both of them.

PL's partner returned the pm as soon as they had gotten back into town, but Bucky's partner never replied. Now all that could mean is they don't come to lit on a daily basis (and they are not a prolific poster to the boards in the first place) or they did not feel like responding.

I hate to see someone left out, but not sure what can be worked out seeing Bucky's schedule is going to be rough in the upcoming couple of weeks.

My partner and I have already discussed this and chosen the US style. In the fawc's mine was always the easiest to guess, so this one probably won't be so easy.

I agree there are quite a few spelling differences but also the way I phrase things compared to my US based partner, we ring people on our phones in the US you call people, little things but it can jar the flow to a reader if they are unsure if the phone is ringing or they are making a call or when I say ... she the thought about giving that guy from the bar last night a ring they think about jewelry rather than a phone call.
Little things but they can drive my partner a bit mad, although i think they may have been a bit nutty to begin with :p

Plus choosing the US style means they have to do the majority of the editing, lol! because i will keep changing neighbor to neighbour no matter how many times they tell me to leave it alone. :devil:

And don't get me started on the food differences, I wanted to rewrite a whole paragraph to make the food included there sound edible, hahaha! Pulled pork had me imagining Babe being used as a tug of war rope! (After i picked my mind back up out of the gutter)

True, all true.

Pulled pork, yum. We also have pulled beef, pull chicken, and pull my finger. ;)

That makes sense. Of course, those teams with two Americans could certainly write as if they were Brits or Aussies. Be an interesting twist to make identification difficult. :D

Two Americans would never get the phraseology right and it would be pointed out by those UK, OZ readers. Or is OZ New Zealand? See I really don't know?

It’s not looking good. As much as I hate to do this, I’m afraid I’ll have to respectfully remove myself from this writing exercise. Four days have passed since I last heard from my partner. That follows their previous absence of six days. It’s been two weeks since our partners were assigned and my partner has been absent for ten of those fourteen days. With a competition deadline looming, a half written story, the interference of a personal deadline and the lack of communication by my partner; I don’t see where I have a choice. For those interested in judging me, a longer timeline follows:

Shortly after writing assignments were made, my partner and I exchanged a couple PMs and 10 emails.

By the end of March 3rd, we had exchanged 36 emails, developed characters, the plot was hammered out and we had swapped several drafts back and forth. And then?

Nothing.

Radio silence. I waited a couple days, tossed out an email asking if everything was okay and waited another day before notifying our fearless organizer how my partner appeared MIA. LC suggested we give it a couple more days. In the background, LC did a wonderful job trying to find me a secondary partner. I exchanged a couple preliminary emails with them before my partner showed up again.

On March 9th, my partner mentioned the intrusion of business as the reason behind their six days of silence. They had also extended the story and said they had more they could add more pending my input. I gave the story a light edit, answered a few questions and finished with <i>“You appear to be in a good groove with the direction. If you're comfortable extending from your stopping point, I am, too. Let me know how I can help with the driving.”</I>

It has been four days since their last email and my reply. I’m not sure how much time I should allow between emails, but I’ve reached my limit. Perhaps they are writing? No way for me to know. Should I pick up the gauntlet? Again, no way for me to know.

I believe we had a good idea. I liked many elements of my partner’s writing style. I was excited about combining two different styles and believed we had stumbled on a good system that included equal influences. Full disclosure: I have a major work project pending. It’s slipped forward from the end of the month and will begin on March 18th. I am unsure how deeply this project will impact my writing availability but I’m anticipating it will steal most of my writing time. (Yes, I shared as much with my partner.) Could I have continued as a good co-writer? I believe so, but not with a partner whom, to me, appears fickle. It’s not my style to pester someone to play with me. For these reasons, I’m withdrawing my participation from this competition. I sincerely hope all is well with my former partner.

Lovecraft68 deserves huge kudos for his Herculean efforts to resolve the issue of a MIA partner and trying to find a way to keep me in the competition. Additionally, two authors very generously offered to co-write with me following the first extended gap in communications. After I heard back from my partner, it didn't appear I needed their help. After another four days of silence? Well . . .

To LC and those two other authors: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I’m anxious to read the stories this friendly competition generates. I hope it’s a success and I look forward participating in a future version.

Without further input from my partner, it's difficult to access how close we were. I'd guess no less than halfway, maybe further - at least as far as the raw writing was concerned.

Once the stories are completed and posted, I'd LOVE to hear how others approached the concept of being a team.

For us, we came to agreement about the idea, setting and characters rather quickly. From there, we traded a couple drafts. Once one of us would receive a draft, the other would add their ideas - sometimes as margin notes, sometimes by applying a rewrite for approval and other times by making editorial style alterations. Each time, the person writing would add to the story, extending it a bit further. Felt like a good system to me.

Just want to note that the first time Bucky's partner went MIA along with Pennlady's partner I pm'd both of them.

PL's partner returned the pm as soon as they had gotten back into town, but Bucky's partner never replied. Now all that could mean is they don't come to lit on a daily basis (and they are not a prolific poster to the boards in the first place) or they did not feel like responding.

I hate to see someone left out, but not sure what can be worked out seeing Bucky's schedule is going to be rough in the upcoming couple of weeks.

This really sucks...but RL can reek havoc on the best laid plans. Fortunately for me my partner and I have hit it off and are nearing the home stretch. I have two very long chat sessions saved to refer too and 100+ emails clogging my inbox.

Hope he/she might show up in a timely manner to allow you to continue.

This really sucks...but RL can reek havoc on the best laid plans. Fortunately for me my partner and I have hit it off and are nearing the home stretch. I have two very long chat sessions saved to refer too and 100+ emails clogging my inbox.

Hope he/she might show up in a timely manner to allow you to continue.

Sounds like you guys meshed together well.

I'm looking forward to finding out who the partners are as much as reading the stories. I doubt I'll guess anyone, I'm horrible at that.

For the first time today felt pretty excited about this piece that we're working on in the sense that whether it scores well or not I think it will be memorable for what it is and will be big with a niche crowd.

That's nothing really new for me, but hopefully my partner is okay with being one of the "weird kids"

Last edited:
Two Americans would never get the phraseology right and it would be pointed out by those UK, OZ readers. Or is OZ New Zealand? See I really don't know?

My grandfather was Brit from Sheffield ENG. He sounded Brit alright but spoke American English totally. Like, never called a cars hood a bonnet or said wind-screen or said lorry or called a cart a truck.

For the first time today felt pretty excited about this piece that we're working on in the sense that whether it scores well or not I think it will be memorable for what it is and will be big with a niche crowd.

That's nothing really new for me, but hopefully my partner is okay with being one of the "weird kids"

I'm hoping my partner and I can mesh our stuff a bit this weekend. So far we're working separately, so I'm curious both to see their stuff and get reactions to mine.

I'm hoping my partner and I can mesh our stuff a bit this weekend. So far we're working separately, so I'm curious both to see their stuff and get reactions to mine.
I didn't know that was part of the exercise! I may be in trouble.

What's wrong with being one of the weird kids? :rolleyes:

Well, I've been there enough in my lifetime. Maybe something rubbed off on me too. :D

Back