The Snow Queen - OOC

Just got the green light to add a soldier to the mix :)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/103/d/1/eando_kline_by_jasonengle-d4w2gx9.jpg

Name: Malcolm Illium
Age: Late 20s
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Dark brown, near-black

Appearance: Malcolm is a soldier of the Royal Legions, and as such is physically fit and in top condition. He rarely appears in public out of uniform, but underneath bears many scars from battles fought. He also has a large, prominent scar near his left eye, an injury from the devastating defeat that prompted his transfer from the front lines to a lowly position guarding an old supply outpost in a small town near the Tower Academy.

Abilities: Malcolm has a sporadic and difficult to control ability to see the true nature of others' hearts, though he does not realize the nature of his ability. The bastard son of a promiscuous barmaid who was frequently too "hospitable" to her male customers and a mysterious traveler, he suspects his unwanted ability to be a punishment for the misdeeds of his mother and father. Because of his lowly rank in society, his ability was never made known to those who could have taught him to control and harness it, though he believes his mixed blood to have rendered his ability too dilute to be of note, in any case. Through his life he has learned to suppress his visions, though in times of great duress it still manifests, often to Malcolm's great detriment.

Background: Malcolm joined the military as soon as he was old enough, eager to escape the slovenly life he lived at the bar his mother tended. He showed great promise and physical skill, rising through the ranks quickly. He returned from his most recent combat deployment in disgrace, however, when soldiers reported that he suffered an apparent breakdown in the heat of battle, believing an opposing warrior to be some sort of demon, causing the rest of his troops to fall into disarray. Malcolm knows what he experienced to be one of his visions, but having hidden his ability in shame his entire life, could say nothing in his defense. Despite his physical prowess in combat, the royal military advisors felt it best to reassign him to a post away from the front lines, tasking him with heading the defense of a minor supply stockpile in an otherwise quiet town near the Tower Academy, frequented mainly by the town's inhabitants and occasional visitors from the Academy. While his superiors in the military are distrustful of the Academy, which typically does not intervene in the affairs of the surrounding kingdoms, Malcolm also secretly hopes that the Academy may hold the key to ridding himself of what he perceives as a curse, so that he may one day regain his honor and rank in the Legions.
 
...is the town near The Tower Academy named "Mistlake?"

Because that could be a cute shout-out to one of Tears' earlier threads. :eek:
 
...is the town near The Tower Academy named "Mistlake?"

Because that could be a cute shout-out to one of Tears' earlier threads. :eek:

I wish I'd come up with that! I hadn't given much thought to a town name yet, so if nobody has other suggestions for a name, I'm happy to go with that.
 
Happy 2014, everybody! Looking forward to getting this kicked off once the dust settles from the holidays.
 
sample_91760de06aa9d26378617a909455.jpg
 
As with nearly all my other OOC threads... most of my posts here will seem disjointed and random. Feel free to do the same. Post song lyrics or pictures or thoughts/questions/comments/concerns.

:rose:
 
Knowing the threats in a world of regrets
By the soothing of spirits they try
Keep the white death away
Saving harvest and hay
Let the tempest of demons pass by!
 
The Ed Sheeran version is ridiculously lovely and haunting.

But the rocked-out version also took me by surprise.
 
I wish I'd come up with that! I hadn't given much thought to a town name yet, so if nobody has other suggestions for a name, I'm happy to go with that.

I'm glad I didn't step on toes creatively, Agnt Sir. I have a tendency to do that.

I really enjoyed your first IC post and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Loved how you worked in the source of the town name!
 
I think what *I* personally *HEART* 'bout Disney, is what makes them so successful. In the UNIVERSAL themes of *LOVE* that they have on display. It's what makes their characters so beloved...and how it allows for us -- the audience -- to so readily, identify. Time and time again....

I know I've wanted to *BE* a part of their wonderfully, fabricated worlds many an occasion. Sometimes it just...feels...better/easier, there...y'know? Maybe that's why "I" write...:)





*"What would I give...
To LIVE where you are?
What would I pay...
To STAY here beside you?
What would I do, to see you....
SMILING at me?

Where would we walk?
Where would we run?
If we could stay all day, in the sun?
Just you and me...
And I could be...
Part of your World
..."*


-- Ariel-esque
 
Back
Top