Mizzou Still Trying to Recover from 2015 SJW Protests

Chris_Michael

2B or Not 2B
Mizzou Still Trying to Recover from 2015 Protests

Content from Sargon of Akkad - This Week in Stupid (16/07/2017)

Long After Protests, Students Shun the University of Missouri - NY Times

This is what happens when feelings are more important than actual education. Would YOU attend Mizzou? Would YOU send your kids there? I'm not sure what sane person would. I'm guessing that black people will take the school and turn it into a Black Only State University. White people will 1. Not want to go to that racist POS school and 2. Black people will discourage white people from going by claiming it's their school. After all, white people have every other school in the United States just like white people have 11 months out of the year. *facepalm*

COLUMBIA, Mo. — In the fall of 2015, a grassy quadrangle at the center of the University of Missouri became known nationwide as the command center of an escalating protest.

Students complaining of official inaction in the face of racial bigotry joined forces with a graduate student on a hunger strike. Within weeks, with the aid of the football team, they had forced the university system president and the campus chancellor to resign.

It was a moment of triumph for the protesting students. But it has been a disaster for the university.

Freshman enrollment at the Columbia campus, the system’s flagship, has fallen by more than 35 percent in the two years since.

The university administration acknowledges that the main reason is a backlash from the events of 2015, as the campus has been shunned by students and families put off by, depending on their viewpoint, a culture of racism or one where protesters run amok.

Before the protests, the university, fondly known as Mizzou, was experiencing steady growth and building new dormitories. Now, with budget cuts due to lost tuition and a decline in state funding, the university is temporarily closing seven dormitories and cutting more than 400 positions, including those of some nontenured faculty members, through layoffs and by leaving open jobs unfilled.

Few areas have been spared: The library is even begging for books.

“The general consensus was that it was because of the aftermath of what happened in November 2015,” said Mun Choi, the new system president, referring to the climax of the demonstrations. “There were students from both in state and out of state that just did not apply, or those who did apply but decided not to attend.”

The protests inspired movements at other colleges. Since then fights over overt and subconscious racial slights, as well as battles over free speech, have broken out at Middlebury College in Vermont, the University of California, Berkeley, and The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wash. Missouri’s experience shows how a conflict, if not deftly handled, can stain a college’s reputation long after the conflict has died down.

Last edited:
What's an SJW and who was protesting against it? Is it a new gender or skin color or something?

What's an SJW and who was protesting against it? Is it a new gender or skin color or something?

You got me. The way I phrased the title is incorrect. My bad. "Protests by SJWs"? Is that a more appropriate way of putting it?

You don't know what an SJW is? *shrugs* K. Nevermind.

I took out SJW for people who don't know what they are and because it was technically incorrect the way it was. Win for you. :)

It's little hairy toed people, phrodeau.

And yes Chris, I've read a couple of articles now on Missouri and their drop in new student enrolments. They've appointed a new dieversity person, not grasping the actual problem. 400 staff going or so I read. Oh dear never mind.

Last edited:
It's little hairy toed people, phrodeau.

And yes Chris, I've read a couple of articles now on Missouri and their drop in new student enrolments. They've appointed a new dieversity person, not grasping the actual problem. 400 staff going or so I read. Oh dear never mind.

You want to really have some fun? Read what they been doing at Evergreen State up here in Washington... Loads of stupidity there..

Last edited:
Students of all races have shunned Missouri, but the drop in freshman enrollment last fall was strikingly higher among blacks, at 42 percent, than among whites, at 21 percent. (A racial breakdown was not yet available for this fall’s freshman class.)

Seems as if Mizzou has got a problem with perceived racism.

Seems as if Mizzou has got a problem with perceived racism.

You could say that. We know that the whole thing was sparked off by those BLM campus protests back in 2015 that weren't clamped down on immediately. So instead they pandered to the poor widdle snowflakes and fascists and they kicked out the chancellor who failed to handle the whole thing (he was in a lose lose position of ever there was one, poor guy), and they've now advertised for a chief of diversity, equity and inclusion, a job created in response to the protests.

So the consequences have come home with a vengeance now and it all depends on whose telling the story. If you're black, well, you got a wacist university with problems, and if you're white, you've got a university where political correctness and racist riots by black students and libtard activists has run amok. And on top of that, you have actions taken by Mizzou to answer the complaints of protesters which only annoyed legislators who already saw the school as a liberal sanctuary propped up by taxpayers.

End result. Mizzou is fucked, as in, canary in a coal mine fucked. They've had a monumental drop in freshman enrolments (35% down from 2015) which has meant a loss of $16.6 million in revenue.Meanwhile, the Missouri General Assembly cut spending to state universities about 6.6 percent ($14.7 million cut for Mizzou). So now the school administration is slashing 12 percent — roughly $55 million — from the budget for the fiscal year that starts in July.

MU plans to wipe out 400 jobs. At least half of that will come from leaving unfilled jobs empty. A fourth will evaporate through retirements and nonrenewed contracts. The last 100 or so will go away through layoffs. Not many considering the number of employees they have but its a start.

And, well, gosh, it seems activist campuses don't attract students. It also seems frustrations about the college kowtowing to far-left campus radicals’ hissy fits are deeper and wider felt by a lot more people than those who think Mizzou is institutionally racist because a handful of people on a 35,000-student campus uttered racial slurs (jeez, grow up, where's that NOT going to happen).

Combine this with the reality that college students graduate with an average of nearly $30,000 debt and often with hardly better job prospects than those they faced at the end of high school (and heck, MacDonalds is out now coz after that minimu wage hike they're moving to robots, that sucks).

So all those activist students had succeeded in doing is scaring away a heck of a lot of prospective students who've gone elsewhere, and the ones that are left are left with higher tuition fees and a fading university. And when they graduate, employers are going to look and see Mizzou and "....next please". Yep, I'd be going somewhere else too.

Translation of Chloe's post:

Hey you stupid liberal activists and racists, this is what you get. Act like a bunch of spoiled racists and idiots, and you will see your base go away.

If you allow your students to preach segregation and insane policies, normal people will avoid you like the plague. Don't be mad when your stupid protests bite you in the ass.

You want to really have some fun? Read what they been doing at Evergreen State up here in Washington... Loads of stupidity there..

Is that where they have footage of black people yelling at a white BIOLOGY professor for being on campus during "FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" day? And he's trying to point out that separation is exactly what racism is and what they should be fighting against. Instead of having a reasonable discussion, they yell at him louder and block police off. The police break into the back and then find the man, warning him that he needs to leave because he's not safe.

You mean a white person was warned that they were not safe among a group of irate black people? WOW that sounds awfully racist, officer. These black people would never hurt me even though I disagree with them, would they?

Well, it turns out that yeah he was in danger and they went to the Dean's Office and are now running the entire college campus.

No, rather, get pegged as a racist institution and watch your reputation crumble.

Translation of Chloe's post:

Hey you stupid liberal activists and racists, this is what you get. Act like a bunch of spoiled racists and idiots, and you will see your base go away.

If you allow your students to preach segregation and insane policies, normal people will avoid you like the plague. Don't be mad when your stupid protests bite you in the ass.

No, rather, get pegged as a racist institution and watch your reputation crumble.

A 35% drop in enrolments is rather more than that coz most people could care less. What all the activism and pandering has done has convinced those that want an education without black riots and harassment to simply go elsewhere. Neighboring universities have seen enrolments continuing to grow. So they've decided Mizzou isn't worth the risk and they've gone elsewhere. And Mizzou jacked their fees up. I can't see that working to well for them either. Nope, they've got a reputation now, and btw Mizzou was a liberal university before all this, the BLM people their jumped all over Ferguson and now that's a university with a trashed reputation. Sucks to be them.

A 35% drop in enrolments is rather more than that coz most people could care less. What all the activism and pandering has done has convinced those that want an education without black riots and harassment to simply go elsewhere. Neighboring universities have seen enrolments continuing to grow. So they've decided Mizzou isn't worth the risk and they've gone elsewhere. And Mizzou jacked their fees up. I can't see that working to well for them either. Nope, they've got a reputation now, and btw Mizzou was a liberal university before all this, the BLM people their jumped all over Ferguson and now that's a university with a trashed reputation. Sucks to be them.

Hey Chloe, you wanna watch Game of Thrones with me tonight? If you don't, you're racist.

Is that where they have footage of black people yelling at a white BIOLOGY professor for being on campus during "FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" day? And he's trying to point out that separation is exactly what racism is and what they should be fighting against. Instead of having a reasonable discussion, they yell at him louder and block police off. The police break into the back and then find the man, warning him that he needs to leave because he's not safe.

You mean a white person was warned that they were not safe among a group of irate black people? WOW that sounds awfully racist, officer. These black people would never hurt me even though I disagree with them, would they?

Well, it turns out that yeah he was in danger and they went to the Dean's Office and are now running the entire college campus.

That's the one

The huge drop was in black students, not white, it's right there in the article.

People of color apparently don't want to attend a racist college, it seems to me.

The huge drop was in black students, not white, it's right there in the article.

People of color apparently don't want to attend a racist college, it seems to me.

No, the way the data is presented is misleading. Blacks made up a small percentage of the college population (~10%). Since the population was already small, any loss in enrollment would mean a bigger % loss.

Let's look at a basic example for you.

There's a classroom of 13 people - 10 white and 3 black.

If 1 black person leaves, it's a loss of 33% of the black class population.
If 3 white people leave, it's a loss of 30% of the white class population.

You have to use your brain, Filthy Liberal.

Freshman enrollments have dropped from 6k to 4k (35% decline). Black students made up 10 percent of the freshman class in 2012, falling to 6 percent last fall. So, a 40% decline (the article says 42%). Big % drop, but that's 600 to 400. A drop of 200 students. One assumes mostly whites made up the other 1800 students that didn't show.

So one could rather say that white students overwhelmingly voted with their pockets and declined to attend a university where a pack of left wing and black trouble makers created havoc and the liberal university administration pampered them and caved in.

One hopes Mizzou thinks being politically correct is worth the losses in students, staff and income. It's going to take them a lot of work to recover from this one, if they ever do. Makes me glad I didn't go there.

No one wants to debate Mizzou anymore? I'm so sad.

Freshman enrollments have dropped from 6k to 4k (35% decline). Black students made up 10 percent of the freshman class in 2012, falling to 6 percent last fall. So, a 40% decline (the article says 42%). Big % drop, but that's 600 to 400. A drop of 200 students. One assumes mostly whites made up the other 1800 students that didn't show.

So one could rather say that white students overwhelmingly voted with their pockets and declined to attend a university where a pack of left wing and black trouble makers created havoc and the liberal university administration pampered them and caved in.

One hopes Mizzou thinks being politically correct is worth the losses in students, staff and income. It's going to take them a lot of work to recover from this one, if they ever do. Makes me glad I didn't go there.

My niece just graduated from Mizzou last year. She liked it.

It could be that folks didn't apply because the state is filled with right wingnuts and is a major festering sore on the body politic.

Fixed your post for you.

Well, the same logic applies.

Black folk don't want to be at a racist school, and white racists don't want to be at a school with people protesting the racism. Seems pretty simple to me.

What I find so hilarious about you is you're acting like you're seventy years old in 1969.

Those HIPPIE FREAKS Those PEACE-LOVIN FAGGOTS, GIT OFF MAH LAWN

Get out an live a little, you're still young

No, the way the data is presented is misleading. Blacks made up a small percentage of the college population (~10%). Since the population was already small, any loss in enrollment would mean a bigger % loss.

Let's look at a basic example for you.

There's a classroom of 13 people - 10 white and 3 black.

If 1 black person leaves, it's a loss of 33% of the black class population.
If 3 white people leave, it's a loss of 30% of the white class population.

You have to use your brain, Filthy [Nigger Cunt Jew] Liberal.

If there were 1 black person at the school and 20,000 white people. Then that would mean one less black person enrolling the next year would be a decrease of 100% whereas 1 less white person enrolling would be 0.005%.

You do agree with this, correct?

Therefore, your logic behind the numbers is completely wrong. I'm just trying to see if you realize this or if you're just being willfully ignorant.

This is happening on two threads now. Liberals are using confounding data to come to preconceived conclusions. It's called wishful thinking.

I'm not disputing your math. But it doesn't affect my argument for why people are dropping out.

GIT OFF MY LAWN WITH YOUR FILTHY LIBERAL PROTESTS YOU FAGGOT COMMIES, GIT!!!

If there were 1 black person at the school and 20,000 white people. Then that would mean one less black person enrolling the next year would be a decrease of 100% whereas 1 less white person enrolling would be 0.005%.

You do agree with this, correct?

Therefore, your logic behind the numbers is completely wrong. I'm just trying to see if you realize this or if you're just being willfully ignorant.

This is happening on two threads now. Liberals are using confounding data to come to preconceived conclusions. It's called wishful thinking.

I'm not disputing your math. But it doesn't affect my argument for why people are dropping out.

GIT OFF MY LAWN WITH YOUR FILTHY LIBERAL PROTESTS YOU FAGGOT COMMIES, GIT!!!

It really does because you're using the data to make a conclusion which is not true.

Back