Category Question

Tx Tall Tales

Gray Beard Author
Joined
Jun 8, 2001
Posts
939
Simple enough question I think.

I have a story where a brother and sister are part of a group that gets hot. The brother and sister don't do anything overtly sexual together, but they're in the presence of each other when they do.

Would this be enough to move it out of Group Sex (which isn't exactly accurate, it end up being three different couples, with some partner swapping) or Erotic Couplings, into Incest?

I hope not, that's certainly not the point of the story.

Inquiring authors want to know...
 
I'd put it in group sex if the siblings don't do anything at all in regard to each other. (Some folks seem to think that masturbating each other or masturbating yourself while watching others having sex isn't a sex act--but it they are. So, if he brother jacks himself off while watching his sister get fucked . . .)

Ultimately Laurel will put it someplace else if she wants to.
 
I asked a similar question a few weeks back. My situation was a mother/daughter fucking the same guy, but at no time during were they touching each other.

The overwhelming response I got was it was close enough to incest to squick people.

You said it was a group? How big was the group? More importantly who is the POV? Because if say its the brother or sister and they are describing watching their sibling getting laid, it may make people think incest especially if they're becoming aroused.

Its a tough call, because incest is either a love it or leave it thing and if not in its own backyard can lead to serious flaming.
 
If you put it in Incest it will get slammed. I would put it elsewhere and if it's moved, it's moved.

Agreed, incest purists will rip it up, but I think if there is a brother sister there, Laurel is going to stick it in incest.

Question to Tx:

what's the point of the brother/sister being there if they;re not screwing around? seems like you're inviting an issue for no real purpose.

Of course its your story, I'm just curious.
 
I think the purpose of the categorization is to help find a receptive audience, and I believe Incest readers would think you pulled a bait and switch, and be annoyed with you. An introductory warning might help prevent that, but in which case why not stick it in a category where it better fits?
 
I think the purpose of the categorization is to help find a receptive audience, and I believe Incest readers would think you pulled a bait and switch, and be annoyed with you. An introductory warning might help prevent that, but in which case why not stick it in a category where it better fits?

Ideally you're right, but incest fans come here for the "real thing" if the sibs aren't getting it on you're talking flaming.

Unfortunately in group having them there may cause just enough squick to get it bombed.

Incest and Gay male are your two no-no categories to stick anywhere but "home base" and you best deliver the goods.
 
I had nearly the same situation with one of my stories, Foursome in the Mud. It did fine in group sex.
 
Brother and friends, sister and friends, stuck at home. Neither group likes the other that much, but a game brings them together. Slowly.

Heat builds up, and there's a little non-sexual sibling rivalry.

There's a lot of foreplay in public, and naughtiness behind doors, but it has times where there's hidden fooling around in the presence of the other.

Not overt getting off on each other's actions.

They actually go out of there way NOT to do things together, despite peer pressure.

I know the Incest crowd will bitterly complain about the categorization if I don't have the siblings get together. I guess I could go there, but it's definitely not where I want the story going. Although it is meant to help get the brother and sister closer in a strictly platonic way. Friendly instead of antagonistic.

Maybe I'm trying too hard. Only half way done. If I stick with the current plot, and don't let the characters get carried away, I'll probably go with Group and let Laurel move it if she has any such leanings. She's only done it to me twice before, not once in the last 4 years. I am getting better at the categorization.

Thanks so much all, for the useful feedback.
 
If they don't have sex or touch each other in a sexual way or share the same partner, I think you are fine to stay out of Incest. I don't read Incest but I would not be offended by the situation you describe if I met it in the other categories mentioned.

Even if they do have sexual contact, if it's not the main theme of the story, I think you'll be OK in Group or EC, as long as you put a warning at the top. And don't have one or both of them going on about how they've always wanted to have sex ;)

I'm going to be in the same sort of dilemma with one of my stories soon - but actually worse than you, because in my case the siblings do have sex. I'm still going to stay out of Incest, though, because luckily the main theme of both my story and that particular chapter is Gay Male, and as LC says that category tops everything else :)
However, I'm debating with myself whether to put the preceeding chapter where the siblings each have sex with their own partner, but also have sex which each other's partner (all of it in the same room) in Group or GM. Because the GM crowd will often get offended by straight sex just as much as sibling sex, even if a large proportion of the readers are straight females.

But I'd much rather take the rantings of any other category readers for a bit of incest than what you'll probably get in Incest for a story with hardly any of the sex they like. And gay male sex is definitely no-no in Incest, so my decision is easier than yours.

Please let us know what decision you make and how it went.
 
It won't get moved. My story actually had some touching between the brother and sister, but it was not the focus of the story. So long as your story is not about the brother and sister having sex with one another, then group is the better place for it.

As for getting bombed, I included a disclaimer which stated "This story contains mild incest. If the subject matter offends you, proceed no further." I've had no problems in the nearly 2 years since the story posted.
 
It won't get moved. My story actually had some touching between the brother and sister, but it was not the focus of the story. So long as your story is not about the brother and sister having sex with one another, then group is the better place for it.

As for getting bombed, I included a disclaimer which stated "This story contains mild incest. If the subject matter offends you, proceed no further." I've had no problems in the nearly 2 years since the story posted.

I think you've sold me, now I just gotta get back to writing. So easy to get distracted lately...
 
Maybe I'm trying too hard. Only half way done.
I say have them get it on (I bet the characters want to and will if you let 'em :devil:), stick it in Incest and make everyone happy. The incest readers, the brother and sister and you, as Incest is such a popular category :cattail:
 
I say have them get it on (I bet the characters want to and will if you let 'em :devil:), stick it in Incest and make everyone happy. The incest readers, the brother and sister and you, as Incest is such a popular category :cattail:

Chapter 2? (wicked girl, jumping ahead like that...)
 
Back
Top