Literotica’s All-time ‘most Votes/Comments Received’ List

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouries

Literotica's #1 Author
[SIZE=+2]August 23 2016

ALERT…ScouriesWorld...ALERT[/SIZE]

Before you start reading this thread I thought it is important to explain to new viewers some of the history of it. This thread was started on August 26th 2007 in the Story Feedback Forum (almost 9 years ago) by yours truly for the reasons listed below. With some 85 stories listed. The highest vote total of any story on the site at the time was about 5000 votes. Nine years later there are over a thousand 1000 vote stories on the site and the #1 story has over 50,000 votes!

Once the thread was up and running we started to receive requests from our readers for a list which showed which stories had received the most comments. We thought it was a good idea! So on the 24th of February 2009 (and after having received over 500 posts and 60,000 views on the original thread) we created a new thread, the MOST COMMENTS RECEIVED list thread.

So we now had two separate threads. They became the two most popular threads in the SFforum. Everyone should have been happy. Alas jealous people complained – they hated it that these threads had become so popular while theirs languished. So, on November 29th 2014, after years of relative peace on the two threads and with an ever growing popularity, out of the blue LAUREL moved the threads from the StoryFeedback forum to AHland. With no explanation to I or the threads fans.

We at ScouriesWorld made no complaint. It was a strange decision but she’s the QUEEN! And iN fact it helped our viewership since there were more visitors to AHland than to SF. Our numbers continued to skyrocket. Our lists were welcomed with open arms.

However, in January 2016, just days after the two threads had been updated with yearend 2015 numbers our DEAR LAUREL struck again. She wrote “As these threads contain nearly identical content… they have been combined”

Huh? WTF? Silliest excuse ever used!

So that is why ladies and gentlemen that you may find it difficult to follow the thread after February 2009. The posts made after this time were made on two separate threads and simply jammed together willy-nilly. We apologize for the actions of her highness but are still committed to updating the two lists in question so that you the reader will be able to find out just which stories on the site have received the MOST VOTES and the MOST COMMENTS.

[size=+2]THREADMASTERS STATEMENT OF INTENT[/size]

I have started this thread for the following reasons: One, to bring to the attention of all LITEROTICANS the most voted on stories in the history of this site in the hopes that new readers will be found for these great stories.

The Second (and more important goal) is to provoke FEEDBACK on these stories, both on this thread and also directly to the authors themselves via VOTES, E-MAILS and PUBLIC COMMENTS. Please feel free to post your feedback here.

Thirdly I hope the thread will encourage feedback on other stories. Perhaps the #1 complaint of all Literotica authors is the lack of feedback they receive on their stories. The listed stories prove that it is possible to get feedback on this site. Every story listed below has been able to garner the attention and feedback from over 1000 readers! Before complaining about lack of feedback perhaps our authors should read some of these stories and try to learn how some of the greatest authors have managed to garner feedback.

Here’s what I wrote on the first post of the MOST COMMENTS thread (now buried as post #522 on this thread - sounds like a StoryFeedback thread to me!):

I’d like to appeal to our readers directly: please ladies and gentlemen – send us your comments and feedback. Tell us what you thought of our stories (whether good or bad). The only way we can improve is by hearing what you think.

There is some good news from the QUEEN though! Recently she posted the following on this thread:

image.php

QUOTE LAUREL: [No personal attacks or trolling. Heated discussions are fine, even welcome. However, attacking a fellow author or reader personally is not allowed within the Author's Hangout.]

This means that in the coming weeks and months she will most likely be removing many of the poisonous posts made by the trolls who've dogged us from the start. Won't it be wonderful when she's finished cleaning up the thread?​

james r scouries

[size=+2] July 21st , 2016
ScouriesWorld Headquarters
Miami Beach, Florida[/size]

[SIZE=+2]ScouriesWorld[/SIZE]

In association with:

[SIZE=+2]the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (AI.R.)[/size]

presents:

The Most Excellent Order of the LITEROTICA Vote Getter
- ALL-TIME MOST VOTES RECEIVED LIST

[size=+2] ***** UPDATED July 21st 2016 *****[/SIZE]

17 STORIES
10,000+ VOTES

68 STORIES
4500 – 10,000 VOTES

700+ STORIES
1000 - 4500 VOTES

12 “GRAND MASTERS of the ORDER”

33 “KNIGHTS of the ORDER”

11 “HONORARY KNIGHTS of the ORDER”

53, 643 ”Daddy", I Whispered scouries I (1563)
34,597 "Ohhh Mommy", I Groaned scouries I(1516)
29,851 Sister Sucks Sleeping Sibling brodosist I ( 3008 in 12 months)
19,127 Words on Skin PacoFear I (895)
18,924 Threads: the Island JammyJimmy I (1563)
14,684 Nothing Between Us M-Y-Erotica FT (766)
14,443 Hindsight rgjohn A (542)
13,953 Charity Begins Next Door Tx Tall Tales R[/i] (1563)
13,126 Service TryAnything I (360)
12,031 A Mother and Her Son rgjohn I (july 2012 figures)
12,333 Colleen Texas Refugee I (679)
11,743 Two Moms, Two Laps, Two Hours Tx Tall Tales I (2510 in 12 months)
10,680 Hero’s Reward S-Des R (jan 1st 2016 figures)
10,669 The Accidental Nudist Cabin Tx Tall Tales LW (536)
10,594 Laura's Vineyard ronde M (432)
10,455 Roomates or More? orie Ex (869)
10,000 Two Pregnant Moms…and Sis scouries I (391)

9769 Lovers Without Realizing It RedEmerald L (534)
9358 Cheerleader TryAnything (233)
9329 Katie's Massage bilbo181 LW (june 2015 figures)
9318 Thank You Jeannie Ch. 01-06 Wm_Sexspear I (205)
9246 Sales Team Cat5 R (june 2015 figures)
8537 Outsourcing PacoFear A (497)
8489 Sister`s Home Movies samslam I (jan 1 2015 figures)
7777 Best Present Eveer: Bitch Sister silkstockinglover I (jan 1st 2016 figures)
7618 Snap Shot Mad Mike EX (308)
7610 A Blizzard & the Night of Firsts the_last_high FT (439)

7490 The Sleepover samslam I (1776)
7480 Your Mom is Passed Out TxTallTales (1083 in 12 months)
7463 Replacing My Cum Bucket Bobby T I (jan 2013 figures)
7427 Poolboy Benefits TxTallTales (963))
7366 Pet Mom silkstockinglover I (jan 1st 2016 figures)
7334 Hunted furrybert NC (jan 1 2015 figures)
7271 Coleen Ch. 03 Texas Refugee I (427)
7263 The Honey Trap Francis Macomber LW (588)
7257 Stolen Kisses PacoFear I (jan 1 2015 figures)
7103 Word of Mouth lgreenwood FT (788)

7012 Not Guilty Harddaysknight LW (636)

All figures were collected during the first three weeks of july 2016 except where noted. Number in brackets is the number of votes the story has received since Jan 1st except for brodosist whose total is for the last 12 months.

[size=+2] The Most Excellent Order of the LITEROTICA Vote Getter[/SIZE]

[size=+2]GRAND MASTERS OF THE ORDER[/SIZE]
(10,000+ vote story required)

[size=+2] brodosist
Jammy Jimmy
M-Y-Erotica
orie
PacoFear
rgjohn
ronde
S-Des
scouries
Texas Refugee
Tex Tall Tales
TryAnything
[/size]

[size=+2]KNIGHTS OF THE ORDER[/SIZE]
(4500+ vote story required)

[size=+2]BatsandGlamour
bilbo181
Bobby T
brandybuck
Cat5
Couture
DG Hear
doc87123
DreamCloud
FrancisMacomber

furrybert
G H Lawrence
Harddaysknight
jthserra
JustPlainBob
lgreenwood
Longhorn07
MadMike
MarshAlien
miss_honeypot

nikki2021
Oshaw
qhml1
RedEmerald
samslam
Seanathon
silkstockingslover
slirpuff
Snake138
strickland83

SweetestThing
the_last_high
Wm_Sexspear
[/size]

[size=+2]HONORARY KNIGHTS OF THE ORDER[/SIZE]
(based on their complete body of work)

[size=+2] alwayswantedto
BOSTONFICTIONWRITER (freddie!)
Chicago Bob
ex_extase
Many Feathers (aka TheSandman)
MaxSebastian
Masterhypnotist
Sarahhh
Slickman
Tawny T
youbadboy
[/size]

[size=+2] ***** UPDATED August 8th 2016 *****[/SIZE]

[size=+2]August 8th 2016
ScouriesWorld Headquarters
Miami Beach, Florida[/size]

Hi, it’s [size=+2]Jacqui[/size],

[SIZE=+2]ScouriesWorld[/SIZE]

In association with the:

[SIZE=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (AI.R.)[/size]

And before we look over this list of brilliant writers why don’t we all take a second to pray for this sites wonderful leaders – may their reigns be long and their sex life outstanding…

QUEEN LAUREL III and HER CONSORT, MANU the MAGNIFICENT

And now lets get back to business…

LITEROTICA’S TOP STORIES ALL-TIME
MOST COMMENTS RECEIVED LIST

11 STORIES
500+ COMMENTS

29 STORIES
275 - 500 COMMENTS

350+ STORIES
100 - 275 COMMENTS

12 “KNIGHTS of the ORDER”

22 “OFFICERS of the ORDER”

Now over 150 “ORDINARY MEMBERS of the ORDER”

1430 Words On Skin PacoFear I
1369 Thread: The Island JammyJimmy I
1178 ”Daddy", I Whispered scouries I
760 ”Mommy”, I Groaned scouries I
When We Were Married DanielQSteele1 LW
(15 different chapters of this story have received over 100 votes)
707 Colleen Ch. 3 Texas Refugee (and other chapters)
664 Nothing Between Us M-Y-Erotica
616 Charity Begins Next Door Tx_Tall_Tales
556 My Virgin Sister samslam I
502 Lovers Without Realizing It RedEmerald L
500 Snap Shot M. Millswan

498 Hunted furrybert NC
474 Laura’s Vineyard ronde M
440 Separate Vacations DanielQSteele1 LW
415 The Lazy Lemon Sun Ch.04 Rehnquist (and other chapters) LW
407 Requital Longhorn_07 LW
406 Bound to My Mate Ch 20 DoctorWolf (and other chapters)NH
400 Culture Shock Sir Nathan
387 Fucked My Mom _ I
372 Macallan Promises PacoFear
369 The Rehab Dreamcloud R

365 What You Wish For Ch 6 Rehnquist (multiple chapters with over 100 votes) LW
360 Heros Reward S-Des
356 Something We Have to Talk About nici LW
350 Word of Mouth lgreenwood FT
348 Falling Into Darkness Ch 18 Elianna (and other chapters) NH
343 Sales Team Cat5
341 Not Guilty Harddaysknight LW
330 3 Days of Watching My Mom Fuck newbie2008 LW
329 Sitting on Mom’s Lap retired04
323 Damn Dress: A Love Story Ch. 10 soular

327 No Reply Harddaysknight
321 A Benign Something jtmalone70 LES
311 Between Two Lovers Ch 2 nici LW
310 A Mother and Her Son rgjohn I
300 A Proper Send-off SweetestThing L
298 An Unexpected Reaction qmhl1 LW
296 Fool Me Once[ Longhorn_07 LW
287 The Damp, Gray Gone Ch.03 Rehnquist (and other chapters) LW
281 Zoea DG Hear
279 Another Love Ch 2 RichardGerald LW

List updated w/o Aug 5th 2016

[size=+2] The Most Excellent Order of the LITEROTICA Comment Getter[/SIZE]

[size=+2]KNIGHTS OF THE ORDER[/SIZE]
500+ comment story

[size=+2]DanielQSteele1
JammyJimmy
M Y Erotica
M. Millswan
PacoFear
RedEmerald
Rehnquist
samslam
sarahhh
scouries
Tx_Tall_Tales
TexasRefugee
[/size]

[size=+2]OFFICERS OF THE ORDER[/SIZE]
275+ comment story (was 200, then 250)

[size=+2]BobbyT
Cat5
_ (now Cphucker)
DGHear
DoctorWolf
Elianna
FrancisMacomber
furrybert
Harddaysknight
jtmalone70

lgreenwood
Longhorn_07
newbie2008
nici
rgjohn
Retired04
ronde
S-des
SirNathan
Soular

SweetestThing
TryAnything
[/size]​

Last edited:
Uh... Yeah!

I'm not seeing my handle there.

It must be that AS is so hard to spell <LOL>

:confused:

Uh it looks like a lot of work for somebody...... :cool:

But why? What does it mean in the long run.

I can think of only one person anal enough to care...and it's not me. :rolleyes:

yawn???????????

-Uh... Yeah!
-*yawn*
-But why? What does it mean in the long run.
-I can think of only one person anal enough to care...and it's not me
-Ummm... do we really care about this?

Methinks they doth protest too much!

C’mon! Of course you care. You’re the greatest numbers checkers in the world. It’s the nature of being a Literotica author for god’s sake. Everyone knows that!

How many of you can say you don’t check how many votes, and views, and comments, and your rating, on every new story you put up. How many of you claim to get no secret thrill to seeing your story at #21 or #37 on the all-time highest rated ‘Romance’ or ‘BDSM’ list? And how often in the days following do you check to see where it is? How many new votes it’s got? Whether it’s moved up or has some evil ‘troll’ attacked it?

It’s why they set up the red [size=+2]H[/size] system in the first place. It’s why you live and die on whether you get one.

It’s why they don’t define what a View is, allowing them to inflate the numbers astronomically. We happily play along, delighted that so many people are ‘viewing’ our stories.

It’s why they have ‘Top Read’ and ‘Highest Rated’ lists. It’s why you’re delighted when you check and find your ‘latest’ story with 15 votes and a 4.96 rating and #1 on the so-an-so category ‘Highest Rated’ list.

It’s why you moan so loudly when someone votes you a ‘1’ or a ‘2’, screaming that the Troll should be taken out and shot, and demand your perfect story be restored to its obviously merited place at the top.

It’s why they have Contests. It’s why it’s perfectly correct to complain about trolls and nasty comments while at the same time giving a competitors story a ‘2’ or ‘3’.

“I’m not doing it to help myself in the contest,” you say to youselves as you click your low vote for a friends story, “I’m not a troll, this story just isn’t very good. It’s important to review and vote honestly.” Right!

It’s why a certain little girl, apparantly a not very ANAL one, checked the ‘Favorite Author’ page three times a day for two years and did everything in her power to get to the top. And repeatedly sent off peevish messages to her highness LAUREL III complaining about low votes, trolls and other sundry matters even while she was twisting the knife into her main competitor.

THERE WOULDN’T BE A LITEROTICA WITHOUT NUMBERS

I assume that none of you posters has a ‘1000 VOTE’ yet and so perhaps understand your stated lack of interest in the subject. However, if you do hear of any stories I’ve missed please advise me ASAP.

Meanwhile I’m presently in the process of having my girl send out messages and e-mails to Literotica’s greatest living authors in my quest to find even more of these extraordinary stories. As she discovers more they will be added to the master list.

Thanks,
jim

I can't even remember the last time I checked my scores, so yeah...I have better things to do than to obsess over numbers.

You don't see me bitching about trolls. You'll see me telling people to get over it, deal with it, not everyone is going to like what you write, etc., but you don't see me griping about them, because, here's a concept: I don't care.

Not everyone is as fucked up as you are. Sorry.

I read my feedback, I write to my fans. The numbers don't really mean much because it is Literotica, not the real world. Now, when my checks for the books I've published start coming in, those numbers will count to me a hell of a lot more than the number of views I get or what my scores are.

Not all of us are delusional enough to think that what happens here means success anywhere else.

Daniellekitten said:
I read my feedback, I write to my fans.
Not all of us are delusional enough to think that what happens here means success anywhere else.
That's easy for you to do, DK. You have fans. :rolleyes:

Marsh, what color are those socks? "Enquiring minds want to know."

Rumple Foreskin :cool:

Of course the authors here care about their story rating numbers--I think it's disingenuous (and giving Scouries a good laugh) to pretend otherwise. Those who make it obvious they are grossly inflating their own scores by their obvious campaigning and comparing (umm, again we seem to be looking most directly at Scouries on this), of course, are just totally discounted by anyone else doing comparisons--so a lot of effort for little regard. It's the clever manipulators who get the biggest bang for their rapid thumbing on character keys or joining the night cleaning crew at IBM. The flag wavers are just seen as pathetic.

I post stories here because of the large readership and high rate counts here--and I do get satisfaction that more people at least open my stories here than open my books in a bookstore. Those whose stories have been opened a million times and voted a thousand times or more times by other people have every right to be pleased with themselves and are to be congratulated. Seeing a list of them run on the forum also seems fine. It's fairly easy to pick out those on the list who have a good reason to be proud from those who don't. Yes, nice. OK. Moving along.

Of course much of what results from posting such a list is planned Pavlovian game. It just set up Scouries's second posting, most of which, of course, is true too--and Scouries just loves it when the detractors wriggle around trying to pretend otherwise.

Last edited:
Rumple Foreskin said:

I write to (some of) the people who write to me; it's just that "fans" is perhaps too strong a word.

The stretch socks is a quote from an argument (back in a 1960s or 1970s Marvel comic) between Dr. Doom and Reed Richards ("I own an Eastern European country!" "I own a hundred pairs of stretch socks!" "I can destroy half the planet!" "I own a hundred pairs of stretch socks!")

I assume they were blue, like the rest of his outfit.

:)

Rumple Foreskin said:

You have fans too, rumply. I've met both of them... :D

Daniellekitten said:
You have fans too, rumply. I've met both of them... :D
Oh, wow! You mean there's someone beside me?

Marsh, once again I've been revealed as a cultural troglodyte.

Last edited:
MarshAlien said:
I write to (some of) the people who write to me; it's just that "fans" is perhaps too strong a word.

The stretch socks is a quote from an argument (back in a 1960s or 1970s Marvel comic) between Dr. Doom and Reed Richards ("I own an Eastern European country!" "I own a hundred pairs of stretch socks!" "I can destroy half the planet!" "I own a hundred pairs of stretch socks!")

I assume they were blue, like the rest of his outfit.

:)
Do they have the little 4 on them like his outfit does?

Rumple Foreskin said:
Oh, wow! You mean there's someone beside me?

Marsh, once again I've been revealed as a cultural troglodyte.

She was counting your hands separately.

I don't think not knowing an obscure Marvel Comics reference makes you a troglodyte. There are much better things to know. It's just that I don't know as many of them . . .

MarshAlien said:
She was counting your hands separately.

I don't think not knowing an obscure Marvel Comics reference makes you a troglodyte. There are much better things to know. It's just that I don't know as many of them . . .
What's a troglodte? Is it like a T-Rex?

Daniellekitten said:

There was an episode of the original Star Trek - I think it was called "City in the Clouds" - in which the people who didn't live in the clouds (who mined some noxious mineral on the planet's surface) were called troglodytes, or maybe just trogs. Originally, though, the name comes from Greek words simply meaning cave-dwellers. But obviously it has a wider connotation than that. Thus, Rogers wrote in 1854, "Some would make him . . . such a very Troglodyte in metaphysics that he was not properly acquainted even with such writers as Descartes and Hobbes." If you can imagine such a thing . . .

MarshAlien said:
There was an episode of the original Star Trek - I think it was called "City in the Clouds" - in which the people who didn't live in the clouds (who mined some noxious mineral on the planet's surface) were called troglodytes, or maybe just trogs. Originally, though, the name comes from Greek words simply meaning cave-dwellers. But obviously it has a wider connotation than that. Thus, Rogers wrote in 1854, "Some would make him . . . such a very Troglodyte in metaphysics that he was not properly acquainted even with such writers as Descartes and Hobbes." If you can imagine such a thing . . .
Something like that movie with the time travelers who land in place where it was like nirvana with no one working or doing anything more tiring than lifting food to their lips while under the ground worked the dark ones who did all the work and every once in a while, took one of the others down into their caves to eat...What was the name of that movie?

ETA: is that the one where Kirk falls for the pretty blonde and then gets trapped in the caves with the others?

Daniellekitten said:
Something like that movie with the time travelers who land in place where it was like nirvana with no one working or doing anything more tiring than lifting food to their lips while under the ground worked the dark ones who did all the work and every once in a while, took one of the others down into their caves to eat...What was the name of that movie?

It sounds exactly the same, although I don't think I know the movie.

daniellekitten said:
ETA: is that the one where Kirk falls for the pretty blonde . . .

Yes, this being part of the plot of every episode of Star Trek.

daniellekitten said:
and then gets trapped in the caves with the others?

That's the one. I think at the end, Kirk forces some of the cloud-dwellers into the mines to work, where they experience the gas that's been poisoning the troglodytes and come to an agreement and everyone lives happily ever after. Without, of course, violating the Prime Directive, which is not to interfere in other cultures . . .

That NEVER happened!

Daniellekitten said:

This is what the Geico "Even a caveman can do it" commercials are all about.

Hey! I had two fans at one time myself. One is in the bedroom and I think the other one got put out in the garage. You have to cool off some way...... :rolleyes:

Oh yes. Just a thought but couldn't those top lists and all that be for the readers to find the better stories on the site and in the category they want to read in? Just a thought you understand. I'd hate to think that all that work that L & M put into this site was just for us dirty little smut writers.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back