IC Not so normal day

DeathsKnight

Harmless Teddybear
Joined
May 22, 2008
Posts
8,620
The day had started quite normal, students waking up at their own pace, getting ready and heading their directions for classes and outdoor activities. It was a normal day in everybody's mind, just another Wednesday...but that would change very soon.

Wednesday the 13th 09h13

A woman comes stumbling towards the front gate, there is blood on her clothing and she seems to be either drunk or hurt. The security guard stopped her to ask what her business is and if he could help, the only response he got was a gurgled moan. Then doing what his superiors told him never to do, he opened the gate and stepped out of his booth...the attack was vicious as the woman came suddenly alive when he neared her.

Wednesday the 13th 09h45

The gates had slid close and locked automatically, the guard and woman was busy attacking more people, people who soon raised themselves up to attack more people.

Wednesday the 13th 11h00

By now the whole campus grounds was over run, the infected people seemed to shamble around, going on with their business, while others tried to get into the building itself.

Wednesday the 13th 12h00

The first classes started to come out, thus opening the building doors, letting those outside in. During the ensuing chaos the automatic lock inside the reception office got tripped and all the building's exit doors got locked down, the only doors that remained open was the classroom doors.


This is where our story start, you can either be in a room or in the hallway fighting to get to safety.
 
The day had started quite normal, students waking up at their own pace, getting ready and heading their directions for classes and outdoor activities. It was a normal day in everybody's mind, just another Wednesday...but that would change very soon.

Wednesday the 13th 09h13

A woman comes stumbling towards the front gate, there is blood on her clothing and she seems to be either drunk or hurt. The security guard stopped her to ask what her business is and if he could help, the only response he got was a gurgled moan. Then doing what his superiors told him never to do, he opened the gate and stepped out of his booth...the attack was vicious as the woman came suddenly alive when he neared her.

Wednesday the 13th 09h45

The gates had slid close and locked automatically, the guard and woman was busy attacking more people, people who soon raised themselves up to attack more people.

Wednesday the 13th 11h00

By now the whole campus grounds was over run, the infected people seemed to shamble around, going on with their business, while others tried to get into the building itself.

Wednesday the 13th 12h00

The first classes started to come out, thus opening the building doors, letting those outside in. During the ensuing chaos the automatic lock inside the reception office got tripped and all the building's exit doors got locked down, the only doors that remained open was the classroom doors.


This is where our story start, you can either be in a room or in the hallway fighting to get to safety.
Mazie was the last one out of the classroom, which was unusual for her. But today it seems like it might have saved her life.

"Oh Shit."

She took one look outside the door and closed and locked it before the...things...could get inside. She took a deep breath and tried to think.

I need to get out of here. But I can't get anywhere with those nasty fuckers in the way. I need to find a weapon.

She scans the room and finds a locked cabinet. Thinking quickly, she grabs the keys the instructor had left on the desk, expecting to be gone for only a minute. She tries several keys before she gets the right one. She opens the cabinet and raids it for as many sharp and dangerous objects as she can. She grabs multiple knives and needles and throws some in her bag. She also grabs some glass bottles from the still life set up. She goes to the back of the room and unlocks the hidden back door. She takes the keys and exits through the door and makes a run to the clinic. She is lucky to run into no opposition as she baracades herself inside the clinic. She breaks open the medicine cabinet and raids the clinic for supplies as well.

Better safe than sorry.

Once she has what she needs, she tries to formulate a plan of escape. Seeing no option but to run blindly and hope to get lucky again, she opens the door of the clinic and runs into the chaos ahead.
 
Andrew Cross

Andrew found himself the last in his classroom as usual, there was a ruckus outside, first he took it for some kind of cheering for their not-so-bad college football team. Then the screams started to sink in and he frowned, that was not normal. He got up, slinging his backpack over one shoulder, stalking to the door, the sound started to fade, so it was moving away slowly. He peeked out of the door and found that some students was attacking the other, clawing, biting, tearing into them. Those bodies left behind looked like wild animals had a go at them. He heard running and turned to see a student heading towards the mash of bodies, he had seen her around a few times, but right then he could not really remember her name. Why would she be running towards trouble? He could for the life of him not think of any reason why, he had a split second to decide and he made the decision which was very unlike him.

He grabbed her arm, spinning her around, using her forward momentum to push her past him and into the empty classroom behind him. He noticed one of the bodies starting to move and a low moan escaping lips. The eyes snapped open and Andrew knew that it was no living person getting to it's feet. He stepped back into the room and closed it, using the sliding lock to lock the door, he then turned to the girl. First he said nothing, then he sighed softly,

"I don't think you should barge into them without a proper weapon."
 
Still a little confused and sore from the sudden change in motion, Mazie absently rubbed her arm as she looked at the guy who had pulled her into the classroom. She didn't know what to think of him but took mild insult to his insinuation of her ill-preparedness.

"I'm not stupid. I was in the art room and took some things from the cabinet."

She then slipped her bag off her shoulder, held it out, and pulled out some art knives as proof.

"You may need a gun or machete to kill things, but I can use anything if I put my mind to it."
 
He looked at her collection of weapons admist some medical supplies and then looked up at her face. She carried scars, which proved she had been in a lot of fights, but this was totally different.

"Yes any weapon can work, but have you been trained in the art of melee combat so extensively that you can take on multiple foes? And would you have been able to face those..."

He motioned to the door where shuffling sounds and grunts and low moans passed by.

"Barging in alone is a bad idea."
 
Mazie looked toward the door and acknowledged to herself that he knew what he was talking about, at least some anyway. But she didn't like the idea of giving him too much ammo against her and worded her thoughts carefully.

"I knew it wasn't a good idea, but I didn't see much of a choice. It was either try to make it to my dorm or stay in the clinic and die. And speaking of dying..."

She crossed her arms over her chest, and walked a few steps away from him, trying to put her thoughts together. She stopped about halfway across the room, shifting all of her weight to one side in an effort to expel some of the adrenaline still pumping in her veins.

"What are we going to do about getting out of here?"
 
I also couldn't find a delete button. So would the first person who knows how to delete these things please do so upon seeing this post?
 
Last edited:
"First step would be to let the water flow where it should, then you plan your move away from the tide."

He listened intently, it sounded like most of the things had moved away, but he could not be certain. There was no other way to see outside, he jumped up, catching the door's frame and hoisted himself up to peek out through the window, the mass of bodies had moved away down the hallway, smears of blood and bloody footprints showed the way they went. He dropped down, landing softly and turned,

"We will have to move back the way you came and see if we can get to the groundfloor. Not sure that anything will look any better down there, but that is the only way to get out of here."
 
"If we can get to my dorm, we might have a fighting chance at getting out of this alive."

She crossed back over to the boy, pumping herself up for the impending onslaught.

"And I was lucky enough to score Mrs. Crispin's keys, so we should be able to use the service stairs and stay out of sight for at least a little while."

Mazie dug in her pocket and pulled out the bungee-corded key ring before slipping it onto her wrist. She then reached into her bag and held out a handful of her makeshift weapons to him.

"They may not be much, but they're better than nothing."
 
He frowned,

"Why? What is in your dorm?"

He took the knives and measured their balance, it was pathetic, but he knew he would be able to use them. He had some weapons inside his hoodie, but pulling out a ninjato in such close proximity might just cause more problems than solutions.

"Thanks, I will go out into the hallway first. If there is no threat we can move on ok?"
 
"Alright. I've got some supplies in my dorm from a camping trip I went on a couple of weeks ago. It should be enough to get us through until we can get rid of those crazy fuckers out there. And what I don't have we can probably find somewhere on campus."
 
(late post im sorry)

Lilly was sitting in biology class tidying up as once again she had been nominated as cleaner, sighing she was busy washing up the apparatus when she heard the first scream. quickly looking over her shoulder she chuckled to herself she was being crazy after all this was school. It wasn't till she was placing the beaker on the counter that, that one scream turned into many more. Frowning she walked to the window and peered down below, as the science labs looked over the school yard.

She stopped herself from screaming by placing a hand over her mouth, the sight before her seemed to have been brought out of a movie itself, there was blood stains everywhere, students walking around with blood on them, was it another school shoot out? she wondered, looking around she picked up her bag pack. she stood for a moment not knowing what to do, when she heard the slamming of the science department door, tip toeing to the door she opened it slowly, peeking round, she closed the door slowly, she could just make out some of them bloody things coming up the stairs.

Biting her bottom lip she ran to the back of the lab, there was also an exit door for emergencies, slipping through it led her to another lab, and so she began journeying through until she was at the back staircase. Running down she hid underneath them, gazing at her phone she frowned as the battery was low.

With only 2 numbers in her cell she tried both... nothing, putting it back in her jeans pocket, she walked to the door and peeked through the window, it was only a couple of yards to the dorm from here, maybe she could make it....

Looking she couldn't see anyone about, tightening her back pack she was glad that she had forced herself to learn how to run, even if it was from bullies. tying her hair up in a ponytail she cringed when the door squeaked, peeking around she waited, still nothing then with all her strength she began running towards the dorm.
 
Andrew unlocked the door, slowly opening it, there was nothing moving outside. He stepped out and scanned the hallwayn when he was certain all was clear he motioned the girl followed him, he moved towards the back of the hallway. Slipping the already open door cautiously further open, they descended the stairs, only to see another girl slipping out, leaving the door open. Andrew froze as howls and shrieks came from outside.

"Damn."

He jumped the railing, landing on the ground, absorbing the shock and then shoved the door close, locking it when bodies thudded into the wood. He looked up at the girl,

"Now what?"
 
Lilly was almost half way when she heard the door behind her being slammed shut, turning she noticed the door being surrounded. "Shit." she muttered and continued running to the dorm.
Grabbing the door she smiled when it open, "Thank you." she whispered to herself before going in, locking the door behind her as she gazed out its window, she could see the distance between the science labs and dorm were covered in zombie like creatures.

Catching her breath she adjusted her rucksack and looked down the empty hallway. Stepping slowly along she looked around, it seemed empty. It would this time of day as everyone would be going to and from class. Checking that the back entrance was locked she made her way to her dorm room.

Lilly had been lucky to get the room at the end of the hall, everyone else seemed to have been made to share, except her, she didnt mind, it meant she could be alone with no one to hassle her. Throwing her rucksack down she closed her door and lay down on the bed, closing her eyes.

'What if im the only one left?' 'I could die....' the thoughts were crowding her brain that she began to get a headache rubbing her temple she sat up, 'Wait a minute.' she thought, jumping from her bed she grabbed her digital camera from her desk and ran out into the hall way.

The end of the hall way led to a window which was opposite the science labs where she had been, Someone must of been alive ... they had closed the door behind her. Pulling her camera up to her face she zoomed in on the science labs, searching each window, someone had to be there.

"Please." she kept murmuring to herself, "Please don't let me be the only one."
 
The answer was obvious, they could not go outside through the service door, the ground floor was most likely to be over run and crawling with this weird shit things.

"Tell you what, let's go up to the Science Lab, I know of a few things I can make from there and perhaps buy us a distraction and get out of here."

He headed up the stairs, he again took the lead, sure that he would be able to take on any threat. They entered the Science class and closed the doors behind them, Andrew made a check through the room to make sure it was safe, he started hunting for ingredients he knew he could make explosives from. Of course he did not look out of the window as the only thing outside was walking corpses.
 
Lilly was slowly giving up hope when she caught movement out of the corner of the lens, zooming in further she realised that there were two people in the chemistry lab.
"Yes." she whispered, but how the hell was she going to get their attention...... it was then the thought came to her, she ran back to her room and grabbed her cell, opening up the school page she went to the forum typing quickly...

'Chemistry lab, Dorm Opposite! Look!!'

with that she posted it hoping at least one of them would be signed up to it....

If not.. there had to be another way of getting a message across, what did they do in that movie... ahh yes! she practically squealed, grabbing a mirror she tried her best to angle the light into the chemistry lab window, "Come on work..." she whispered, whilst looking down the hallway checking to make sure no one was there.. it still remained empty.
 
As Andrew picked up a tray of vials, movement caught his eye, more a flash. He looked up at the dorms and found that there was somebody with a mirror, angling it to reflect the sun. From what he have witnessed from the creatures they were not really the smart kind, so there was no need for them to try that stunt. So it meant that the person who slipped out using the service stairs actually made it. He raised a hand to prove he had noticed, but since the sun was not reaching the windows, he could not really try and use a reflective surface for morse code.

"Well at least we are not alone."

He turned from the window with the vials and added some ingredients, then it occurred to him that there was a computer in the class, he could perhaps check in on the school's forum and see if there was any posts there, that should help him establish contact with any other survivors. He had registered for the forum against his will, but now it seemed like a good idea. He checked that the contents was stable, then using the computer on the lector's desk, he logged in. There was a text posted a few minutes ago: 'Chemistry lab, Dorm Opposite! Look!!' That had to be the other person, he replied:

"We saw you, two survivors this side."

He sent the message and then went to add the ingredients and sealing the vials.
 
Lilly was reflecting the mirror when she heard a distance scream, turning she dropped the mirror, "shit!" she moaned trying to pick up the pieces, running to her room she locked the door before placing the mirror on the side, "7 years bad luck...." she shook her head.

Sitting on her bed she placed her head in her hands and tried to think on what to do... it was a couple of seconds before she realised her cell had vibrated with a notification, pulling it out of her jeans pocket she gazed down, it seemed there was a reply on the forum, she opening it and smiled, two people had survived! "Thank you god." she whispered before beginning to type back,

'Lab seems surrounded from here. If you make a break for it I can open dorm door.'

she sent the reply and put her cell on charge, lying back she took a deep breath, how the hell had this happen? she closed her eyes ... why was this happening to her? shaking her head she sighed, at least it wasn't as bad as the usual bullying she normally got.
 
Mazie moved and shifted her weight as she anxiously awaited the boy to finish what he was doing. She was glad that at least one of them was bookish. She watched over his shoulder as he read a message from the school forum. She had abandoned most of her manners and made no attempt to be sly about reading the message. At that moment she was also wishing she'd signed up for the thing. When she caught the message about the dorm, an idea occurred to her.

"Hey, if I can tell her where my room is, she can start grabbing my stuff and we can get supplies in half the time. All I have to do is tell her the number and where the spare key is hidden."
 
He looked at the girl and nodded,

"Then go ahead, I have some things to finish up. I'm sure with a loud enough boom and light we will be able to get to the dorm."

He moved over to the vials and started with another batch of the explosives, it was something he had learned, but never thought he'd use and look at it now. He just hoped that it was powerful enough for what he had in mind.
 
"I never signed up for the damn forum so it'll be easier for you to let me borrow your phone."
 
He turned to look at her,

"I don't have a phone, since I am already logged in, you can just use my account to leave a message."
 
"Whatever I guess."

"I had to get stuck with the one goddamn person who doesn't have a fucking cell phone..."

She walked over to the computer and hurriedly found what she needed.

"This is survivor #3. I've got some supplies in my dorm room. It's only a few doors down from where you were a minute ago. Go to the room with the number plate broken off and look under the door. There is a spare key taped there. When you get inside, look by the bed by the window and you will find some duffel bags. Start filling one of them with the camping supplies in the closet with the name Mazie on it. There will be some boxes stacked in there too. Don't touch those until we can get there. Feel free to grab anything else you find that might be useful."

She read over her message quickly but before she could decide if she was satisfied, she heard the sound of the creatures getting closer and sent the message. She hoped the other person would get it quickly.
 
lilly was lying on her bed when her cell vibrated once more, jumping up she gazed at the reply... "Broken number?..." she repeated to herself she tried to think of the dorm rooms she smiled when she realised it wasn't too far.

Putting her cell in her pocket she emptied her own rucksack and began packing, a few clothes, her camera, cell charger, water... looking around she opened her closet, biting her bottom lip she began searching in there ... a few snack bars (which she had to hide from her room mate, as last time the girl had went through everything searching for food.) a first aid kit, and she knew she had it somewhere... whilst looking she kept gazing back to her closed door listening for any sign but still nothing and silence was making her uneasy. "yes." she smiled as she found the old city map, she was so happy she had kept this, placing it in her rucksack she realised she had plenty of space for anything else but she had nothing.

Pulling her hoodie on and placing the rucksack on her shoulder she looked around her small dorm room once more and made her way out until she thought turning back to the closet, the grin spread across her face, it was a good thing she had bought this for protection rather then sports, she gripped the baseball bat with ease, time to go she thought.

Opening the door she gazed down the hall way, still silent and empty, letting her converse cushion her feet she made her way to the other room, looking at the broken number she felt for the key underneath. It took her a few moments to find the spare key before she opened the door.
Closing the door behind her she placed her rucksack on the ground and began searching...it seemed this person had everything..

Grabbing her cell she typed in another reply .. 'got everything, in room, waiting for your move.' she sent it with shaking hands, she hoped they were both alive.
 
Mazie anxiously refreshed the page on the computer. She read the message and keyed out a quick response.

"Okay. Probably be there in a few minutes."

She sent the response and tensely waited for her companion to finish his task.
 
Back
Top