Decadents and Dropouts IC

Gryph

Gryph looked at Relic and grinned his very toothy grin at her,

"Then he knows I mistrust him, that is as good as I need..."

He narrowed his eyes at her, the grin widening,

"Seems like you had a good..."conversation" with him as well."

That was all he was going to say as he detected the smell left behind on Relic, but who the Drow decided to copulate with was not his problem...but in a way he did feel a bit of jealousy, not that it would be a problem, he never had need of a female, nor would he start to get possessive of any soon. He had known that given the right moment Phyliss would have a taste of Trunfor and from the smell on Trunfor that moment had come and gone.

"I need weapons, maybe we could stop somewhat down the river and get some...if we are not made a meal of in the near future."

He said nothing further, just turned his attention back to his vigil, if there was any hostilities he would take his chances with the river and burn the attackers even if it meant that the boat would burn as well.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss had noticed that Relic had joined her two friends; it was impossible to move upon a rather small cog without being noticed. But she decided to remain in smalltalk with her guest, which provided no problem for her at all. Smalltalk was something she had learned quite in the beginning of her career, as dancing, flirting, dressing, raising or lowering the voice in the right moment, lashing the eyes at the right persons, and so on. And the start of her career was the only thing that she could renember at all, it was her start in live - as a fully grown, unaging gorgon.
She wondered why the drow did not join them; she knew the merchant for quite some time and quite close, as she had witnessed while she cared for Tronfur. Maybe Relic did try to be useful and tried to make her friends accept Kasmir.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor cocked his head at Gryph, "Voidminds lose their personality entirely but they keep up their disguise so as to look like regular humanoids of their kind. Almost like constructs. So the one that smiled at you was probably trying to disuade you from becoming suspicious about them."

He glanced at Relic, "Yeah. I think he knows. He tried to break into my mind and... umm... listened in on me and Phyliss when we were... together. The pervert. Anyways Gryph, if you need a weapon, I could get one for you. Magic is always helpful. We should talk later so I know what your proficient with, a longsword, dagger, shortswoard, greatsword, etc."
 
Relic

Picking at her nails, Relic looked over to Phyliss and Kasmir. He would be a useful asset in finding land and claiming a title, his contacts were wide and very informative. But she still wished to know of his reasons, was it so simple that he wanted to speak with the gorgon. Had his incentives changed since boarding the vessel, had Relic changed them at all? And who would she stand beside if he did decide to move against the crew...

Looking up at Gryph and then over to Trunfor, and back along the deck to Colin and the others, she knew she would probably stick with them. Ma'ant and her path had moved in different directions long ago, and she had promised to not betray those around her. For once, she planned on sticking to that.

<When you are ready, I think putting the crew at ease over your true form might be in order. We are all odd, I doubt they will cast you into the fire if you mean them no harm...>

"I think Gryph prefers the big blades, considering his previous weapon. Which, I still think you should have kept instead of giving it to Haerdon for burial." She chuckled at the thought, knowing full well that it was the honorable way to go considering the occasion of his death. But still, it was a very nice sword.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked at Gryh in surprise, "You gave away your sword. Well then, I'll make one for you. A greatsword, which I can buy once we land, then I/ll put some magical enchantments into it."
 
Gryph

Gryph nodded,

"Hopefully one day I can be considered worthy enough of wielding a dragon blade, for now I use Claymores as they are the only blade big enough to wield comfortably. Of course I am in need of a dagger as well, I used mine to cut the runes into the stone for Haerdon. A short sword I think you call it."

He looked at the crew of the mindflayer and sucked thoughtfully on his fangs,

"I hate slavers."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked at Gryph with raised eyebrows, "Why would you say a dagger woul be a short sword for me? I'm not a half-fiend halfling in case you haven't noticed. I'm a half-find human. I can weild daggers. shortsowrds. rapiers. scimitars. greatswords AKA claymores, longsowrds, and so on."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss kept her friends in the back of the eye. "I wonder what's eating on the boys." she mentioned casually to Kasmir. It was obvious for her that they disliked her old friend, and she wasn't sure where Relic was standing. Something seemed to be wrong, but she knew not what.
 
Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

<...Can I count on you, Relic? I have no wish of getting into melee with the fiendish creature, and would hate to antagonise Phyliss' partners at that.>

Kasmir turned to Phyliss with an enigmatic smile at his lips. He nodded meaningfully towards his own vessel, where most of the few sailors had dissapeared into the bowels of the ship. Still, one of them, a bald man scarred by many combats, stood staring straight forward, far at the ship's helm.

"Should I make you guess, my dear? The demon-blood speaks of me, naturally... and in harsh tones, as I can sense..."

Indeed, Ma'ant's mind had been blocked by the clever spellcaster's magicks. Although he was a more than capable illusionist, the illithid's sorcery ended there. It was his ever-flowing psiquik presence that told him most about his whereabouts, and how the already-used Relic would speak to him.

"But I should really tell you this, Phyliss. Take the cog downriver and sell it. I would be most interested in welcoming all of your acquaintances into a trip to the sea."
 
Relic

<I will attempt to keep them from harsh action, however, be wary of how protective both are of Phyliss. And of my loyalty, it was only a few days ago I baited one of Phyliss' enemies into a fake partnership in order to trap him. Most still doubt if I would stay beside them in a fight. I will keep my ability to speak to you quiet for now, just don't take too long. And assume they will take your actions as suspicious and allow for that when you make them.>

Looking at Gryph, Relic noted that his side seemed well healed. As if it had not been injured significantly just that day. And again she found herself tapping his side to see if it was tender, and also to try and lighten the mood. It was rather obvious all three observed the Merchant's conversation with peaked interest.

"Heal well, don't you?" she grinned up at him before brushing the hair that covered her face from the breeze out of her eyes.

"Between Phyliss' healing and leadership, your combat skills, Trunfors abilities with magic, my skills at finding windows and shadows at a moments notice and Z's influence, we form a well balanced group. Once we learn to fight together that is. And with the crew taking care of the cog, we should do well wherever we set up home."

"I do hope they have some nice caves..." she muttered, imagining a nice cosy lair furnished with silks and crimson tapestries. Maybe she needed to capture a few miners to carve one out for her. The group may not like that though.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Hmm. Sell the cog? But we have just started, and haven't found the right place yet. You know, a place where cretures like us can dwell without being persuited by fanatics or silly heroes. A good place to live. Maybe we can even have an inn for the nice people that cannot show up at other places."
 
Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

<Very Well. I shall indulge you. Once the time is right. I would hate to put everything to lose just yet... and if you are still interested, I do know a couple of natural caves not too far downstream...>

Kasmir grinned to himself at the mind-adressed comment to Relic. Turning from Phyliss to the drow, he could never stop to admire how fantastically built she had become after so many years since their departure. By Ilsensine, she had indeed grown and blossomed as if she was Lolth herself. And as a dark fear he kept working up to ignore, he knew that, in a sense, Relic was.

"If you'd allow me to offer you something in return, my dear Phyliss...", he slowly turned back towards the gorgon, "I could always offer you my own vessel. Of course, if you'd be planning into reaching the High Seas... I know a certain Pinochet that could make your travels much easier."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss looked over to his vessel. "A tempting offer. But i ike to play captain for a while longer, until we are settling down. But who is that pinochet?"
 
Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

Kasmir laughted in sincere amusement at Phyliss remark. Indeed, to play captain was what he himself had done since... since... well, since Relic had left him in the first place. To play captain. Hah. That was the good living he lived, and would now he work to deny the gorgon that pleasure?

"There's an influent Captain at the Coastside... whose name's Pinochet. Quite a charming, dashing fellow if you'd allow me to add. We have many deals signed between the both of us, if you get my meaning..."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"He sounds like a man I would like to meet, if he doesn't mind some snakes." she grinned and took another cup of tea. "But I still think if I can turn my cozy little bedroom down there into something more plushy... And what I wanted to ask, do we have to fear any pirate or insane villagers if we go on downriver? I wondered if we should install some kind of ballista on deck, I mean this things that look and work like giant crossbows. I think I could hit anything with them if I want to."
 
Gryph

He looked at Relic and her words seemed a bit off key, something that would be said to make him believe in a future...the mindflayer's smell was on her...could it be that they knew each other?

"Yes, I heal well, dragon blood has it's advantages, but Phyliss' magic helped to hasten what would have taken a day."

Why was he honest with her? By now it was clear that drows are not trustworthy, even if Relic gave her word and seemed...ah yes that was the right word, the word that made him wonder about her. She seemed to be keeping to her word...could it be that the ring was a trap? He sucked on his fangs as he regarded the drow, his suspicions and overall mood turning even more prominent. He turned his attentions towards Trunfor,

"I said short sword as that is what humans call them, I use it as a dagger."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor nodded and turned to face the others. He was unsure of how to react to the mindfrayer. Phyliss seemed to trust him, as well as Relic, which made him feel somewhat better. But then Gryph, just like Trunfor, was suspicious and wary of the mindfrayer.
 
Relic

Laughing, Relic jumped down off the railing and yawned, she was still pretty tired but had enough energy to play around a bit. And with the crack of her neck, rocking it from side to side to loosen the muscles she crossed her arms at the two guys.

"So serious, so tense. I get it, but you should try to have some fun. Not that there is much to have stuck on this boat. Come on, there has to be something you would prefer to be doing, that you could enjoy that wasn't staring at him all day."

Cocking her head to one side, she looked from Ma'ant to the guys and back again.

"How about some food. Sedative free of course." With a quick jump, she was back beside Gryph on the railing but this time stood crouched down balancing.

"I wish we had a nice boar or something to roast. I could kill for something good to eat. I bet we only have salted meats, and dry goods."
 
Gryph

"Roasted boar...now that sounds like something I could hunt..."

His mouth watered at the thought,

"But I would only consider that as something to do when your friend has departed with none of our minds in tow."

He leaned back against the railing, eying the spot where his armor lay, then he moved from the railing sauntered over and in plain site started to slip into his armor. The message clear, he was prepared for anything that seemed just a bit out of place, he was not trusting this creature and his trust of Relic also started to slack as it started to become apparent that they had a past. Making sure his gauntlets was secured, he moved to a new position where he could keep Relic, Ma'ant and of course the other cog in view.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss looked over to her friends. She was happy sitting her with an old friend, who was pleasant company, and somebody who was closer to her own world then her new friends. On the other hand, she sensed that something was wrong and wanted it to be settled. Should she jsut walk over and speak with them?
 
Ma'ant'Zek'Ur

"I doubt he would. Good Pinochet had been smarter than to act on prejudice. After all, how would a sailor find good work if selecting who shall he sell his goods, eh?"

Kasmir smirked, taking one hand to his chin as he heard Phyliss' speech about getting a siege weapon upon the small cog. He sense that her voice had an almost imperceptible waver - and her mind was washing to focus on something else...

"I'm a mariner myself, my good friend. I know what a ballista is supposed to be.", he laughted, heartily, "But I would advise against it, unless you could have some trained crewmen to man it. After all, I've seen accidents put fire over a vessel in a moment of bad wielding."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Uhhh.. It hhought more of one of these things that look like a giant crossbow and fires huge bolts...You know I can handle a crossbow." Phyliss looked over to her friends again. They weren't plotting up something against her guest? What was wrong with them? She knew about Tronfur and Gryph and their strong moral standard, and for Relic, now she was at least a friend of the merchant. One moment longer, and she would wlk up to them.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor sighed and walked over to the bow of the ship, his wings twitching in irritation as looked out at the river. He didn't feel at ease being on a ship. He'd rather be on the ground. He also wanted to go to the city of Waterdeep, the City of Splendors, one of the greatest cities in the realms.
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss did see that Tronfur was walking around on deck, and she could read his expression. Finally she got up. "Excuse please one moment, I will just have to talk to me friend Tronfur, there seems something to bother him. But I will have a look on your ship later. You forgive, yes?" She gave him the kind of smile that allowed no reistance, and walked over to Tronfur.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor turned to Phyliss and smiled, "Hello.... So.... how is everything?"
 
Back
Top