Self Enrichment

Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive. - Leah Labelle

I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we're all teachers - if we're willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door. - Marla Gibbs

These are the soul's changes. I don't believe in ageing. I believe in forever altering one's aspect to the sun. Hence my optimism. - Virginia Woolf

Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up. - Allen Klein

Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something. - Ralph Marston

A clumsy beginning is better than no beginning at all. - Me.

No destiny. No fate. Only fortune and accidents and luck. And you make your own luck.
- BND

The best things in life aren't things.

Woody Allen said "Sex without love is an empty experience. But as far as empty experiences go, it is one of the best."

I have a similar experience with things. They may not make you happy, and money can't buy you love but it can buy you a boat. It could buy me a truck to pull it
It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets ...

"Always remember that wherever you go- there you are." -Buckaroo Bonzai

"We don't matter, there's the good news!" - Jim Carrey

screen-shot-2017-09-10-at-1-44-19-pm.png

"Broken hearts are for assholes..."
Frank Zappa

OK, that's funny.

Me? I'm still trying to figure out what this whole "self enrichment' scheme is.

Exactly what is the dream that this dumb bitch is chasing?

More money?

Find a higher class of pimp.

Go look in the mirror. If you like what you see, you're there. If not, cowgirl change your ways today.

Exactly what is the dream that this dumb bitch is chasing?

Even hiding his shame under a new name, sounds like some pobrecito schmuck remains

giphy.gif

I don’t really find inspiration in the apparently motivational words of others. I do find it in their actions though.

Be exactly who you are wherever you are.

Love those you love with both hunger and calm.

Throw yourself, arms wide open, into the world and hope for the best.

And lastly, whereever you are whenever you want to, dance.

I can dance!

tumblr_mufldcvo5o1sifnyko1_400.gif

I don’t really find inspiration in the apparently motivational words of others. I do find it in their actions though.

Lovely words and very true. :)

Zumi you are one of the nicest and kindest people I know on here. :rose:

Aglo, I admire just how intelligent and grounded you are. You are truly a remarkable woman. I appreciate our association.

I’ve posted this before, but it’ll work here too:

Get up in the morning. Work hard and work smart. Keep your priorities in line and you head on straight. Get outside, exercise. Find a passion, have a hobby. Do what you love, love what you do, and do it well. Be creative, be determined, dream, and fall in love. Live life wonderfully.​

Get busy living, or get busy dying.
~Andy Defresne​

Yes it does. It's a lot to ask some days but one must try.

“You make your own happiness.” (A girl I used to know.)

Glad you told me about this thread.

Hehe.....because sometimes it's laugh or cry.

Funny-Inspirational-Quotes-9.jpg

:heart:

I am so glad you are my friend.

Cheap w(h)ines are never good value.

Write with a pen you love on paper worth the disfigurement of ink.

Look with intensity at those whom you adore. You never know when will be the last time you see their face.

Always stop to appreciate the living world, even if it is a moment to watch the sunset before the monochrome of dusk.

Remember that time is flexible, and it is generous: never build a schedule so dry and perfectly fitted it has no room for friends in need.

If you have to retreat, don't pretend it's a victory march. Acknowledge the defeat, most of all to yourself, and learn from it.

If you are a parent, especially with young children, don't ever feel guilty for wanting a break, nor of enjoying that rare lie-in for whatever reason.

Try so, so, so hard to ascribe good motives to others - especially where you think it unlikely. To be cynical, even where warranted, is to corrode your own soul.

The unbroken snow is beautiful. Tread carefully, and only when you must.

All me, for what they are worth.

I may not have learned wisdom in my almost forty years, but I'm getting close to a rough outline.

They are worth a lot. I think your son is very fortunate to have you as a father.

Thank you for sharing them with me.

The best things in life aren't things.

Agreed.

I like my signature.

It is very true. There is a lot to be said for the simple act of taking care of oneself.

Dancing is good. Always.

Genuine happiness can only be achieved when we transform our way of life from the unthinking pursuit of pleasure to one committed to enriching our inner lives, when we focus on 'being more' rather than simply having more. - Daisaku Ikeda

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it. - Kevyn Aucoin

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. - Maya Angelou

True power is the ability to decide what one will focus on. - Me

Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning. - Desmond Tutu

Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. - Carol Burnett

The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it. - Hubert H. Humphrey

(Gratefully)

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

Things happen when I make them happen. - Me.

"Good-humor is a philosophic state of mind; it seems to say to Nature that we take her no more seriously than she takes us. I maintain that one should always talk of philosophy with a smile."
- William James, Varieties of Religious Experience

Because Adrina cares, and takes action. :rose:

59fc4ddda99013963dffd3b478632067.jpg

:heart:

----------

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. - Pele

Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people. - Tena Desae

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. - Colin Powell

Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive. - Leah LaBelle

It's a Monday. :p - me

Last edited:
Back