Does everyone on here really hate Nascar?

cartman-nascar-poorandstupid.jpg


Whatever!! I'm just a poor and stupid as yewww!!
https://encrypted-tbn2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_MAeIMzfRe1oCHgtshYAJILLYu8TH_yrIQMrStAXFpqiX7A8KOQ

Fuck Bot. If you weren't such an obnoxious twat I'd probably love you.
 
I don't hate it. I'm just more interested in other motorsports.
 
I know they mostly drive on ovals but it really can be very exciting racing.


I was going to make it a poll but screwed it up, sorry.

I don't care about nascar enough to hate it.

If nascar is a sport, why isn't demolition derby? That's a shit-tonne more interesting to watch.
 
I've been to the Indy 500 a couple of times. Yes, I know that's not NASCAR, but from that experience I can say that being there is a good deal more fun than watching it on the tube. At least it was when I was younger.

I don't hate NASCAR, but I don't have much of a rooting interest in anything that happens, so that sort of limits its appeal to me; not to mention that the sort of fanbase that would boo the First Lady is probably not made of folks I'm going to want to spend a lot of time with.

Also, I'm definitely not one of those people who roots for GM or Ford or Honda or what have you. I saw a race once where the announcer was going, "Awright, now have many CHEVY fans we got out there?" and on down the line, and all the yokels were yelling and screaming for their favorite. Who cheers for an engine?

I suppose with Joey Logano a threat to put someone in the hospital every time out, NASCAR is more exciting this year than at any time in the recent past.
 
I like NASCAR, but I like motorsports in general. I tend to back the drivers who piss of the most rednecks. I actually won a fantasy league a couple of years back, thanks to this guy:

119716-0-600.jpg
 
I'll admit to watching Nascar racing, but only coz I used to live next door to Marcus Ambrose.
I will also freely admit that I just don't get the rules.
Free passes? Lead lap bonuses? And no idea whatsoever how the points work.

I tend to agree about the nitpicky micromanaging rules. It's one reason I am no longer an avid fan.
I don't think NASCAR understands the rules.
I do like the sratagies involved and the chess game as the race goes on so watching on TV is interesting in that way, kind of.
The whole points race and crap at the end fo the season is a huge turn off to me. If they are going to limit the "chase" to 10 cars, why have all the cars in the final races at all? Just race those 10 against each other.....I guess that would be too boring. *sigh*
Don't get me started on the spoiled brat drivers.....ugh
 
And I've been to many demo derbys. I like those best. I want to see them tear each other up!

My grandfather used to get junkers and prep them for demos.
He dorve them himself at 70 years old. You could see the glee in his eyes just to drive.
I used to love figure 8's too.
 
I know they mostly drive on ovals but it really can be very exciting racing.


I was going to make it a poll but screwed it up, sorry.

It doesn't take much to float your boat if NASCAR does it. They spend hours running around in a circle, for chrissake! Admit it! Its an excuse to stay drunk all afternoon. Ditto football.
 
I don't care enough about it to hate it. I simply think it's stupid and pointless.
 
Oval track automobile racing is mostly just another American invention (like baseball, basketball, eg)...

...not to say Nigel wasn't racing in circles first (like Luicano may have tossed a big ball of thread up and through a peach basket before Naismith), but Americans devised the oval track after experimenting with road racing and then finding it lacking (which still continues today as evidenced by the lack of support for F1 - especially compared to NASCAR).

America's first, what we today call "automobile" race took place on streets around and through Chicago on Thanksgiving Day 1895 - it was actually promoted as The Great Motorcycle Race because that's what some folks tagged these brand new creations then, at the literal birth of the automobile. I can't remember how many cars were entered and ran in the race, but it was around 7-9 and included a couple of Benz gas-powered vehicles, at least one electric-powered vehicle, at least one steam-powered vehicle and, of course, the race-winning, internal combustion, gasoline-fueled Duryea Motor Wagon #5, built by brother Charles and driven to victory by brother J. Frank:

250px-Duryeaauto.gif

The brothers Duryea parlayed winning America's first automobile race into America's first automotive manufacturing company of gasoline fueled, internal-combustion engine cars:

O.7780.jpg

Europe was, of course, also running road races during the same time and they enjoyed immense popularity because the races were free to attend: when the race course runs miles through and around village/town streets, there is no way to charge an audience. But that same freedom to attend also allowed too much stupid freedom: fans would literally position themselves on the very edges of the roads, aiming to get as close as possible to the passing race cars - this dangerous practice had the tendency to claim lives.

Meanwhile, back in America, organizers thought building oval tracks with spectator viewing areas/grandstands would solve both the "problems" associated with European road racing: the fans would be located further from the track for a little more safety, and the confined oval track set-up would automatically provide a captive audience who could be easily charged for attending...

...and that same basic concept still fuels NASCAR's thrust today.

The Milwaukee Mile on the State Fairgrounds in West Allison, Wisconsin - a 1 mile, paved oval track - is the longest consecutive in-use race track in America, having run its first race around 1907 (I think); it still hosts the Indy cars today.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway first held Indy car races on its 2.5 mile, paved oval track in 1909; still the largest single-day sporting event in the world (attendance somewhere around 400K), the 97th Indianapolis 500 takes place this May 26th.

indianapolis_speedway2.jpg

Interestingly, the IMS has hosted Sprint Cup's Brickyard 400 on its oval since 1994, attracting the largest NASCAR crowds in history, and built a 13-turn, 2.605 -mile road course within its famed oval to host the United States Gran Prix for F1 from 2000-2007, also attracting the largest F1 crowds in that sport's history.

Just for kicks, this image portrays the relative size of The Greatest Race Course in the World:

howbig_700.jpg

BTW: former Sprint Cup champion Kurt Busch is scheduled to test a Michael Andretti-owned Indy car at the Speedway this Thursday, 2 days before practice for this year's 500 officially begins...

...his Sprint Cup car is Chevrolet-powered, so is Andretti's Indy car (meaning: no manufacturer conflict), and Busch has stated he would love to try racing in the Indianapolis 500 and Charlotte's 600 on the same day (only 3 drivers have ever attempted that feat: John Andretti, Tony Stewart, and Robby Gordon).

But, I digress...

...simply stated, the vast majority of American race fans seem to have always favored flat-out, wide-open, side-by-side racing compared to the more politically-plotting, chess-game-like strategy of European road course Formula racing.
 
I like NASCAR, but I like motorsports in general. I tend to back the drivers who piss of the most rednecks. I actually won a fantasy league a couple of years back, thanks to this guy:

119716-0-600.jpg

rpm_g_kbusch66_cr_400.jpg


and I am a fan of his brother, Kurt.
 
The race is on if anyone wants to check it out. They are at 'Dega.
 
Last edited:
It doesn't take much to float your boat if NASCAR does it. They spend hours running around in a circle, for chrissake! Admit it! Its an excuse to stay drunk all afternoon. Ditto football.

And being drunk on Lit drunk is better?
 
not like porn surfing is it?

I sent a couple free tickets back,as someone elsemay value them,I dont.Dont hate it,but don t care for it,or the sports thing.Im more of a movie watcher on dish t v type...
 
No sporting event is worth hating. All sporting events are worth ignoring except to bet on the outcome.
 
I don t gamble on sports.I put a few bucks on horses way back /at the track,2,5 10 buck tickets .Its legal at horse racing states like Detroit.
Usually horse races have 8 to 12 horses.Nascar has apx 40 in the field and no legal gambling.
I buy the occasional lottery ticket tho,and the publishers clearinghouse,I play all the time for free.
I googled my name and saw a doz kens,none of who were me,and I have had a couple doz look alikes that I*ve seen ,over the yrs..,so i repeat,I don t place bets,never have,like with bookies,that can be serious.My ma grew up next door to a vice squad captn,who was a backyard mechanic type before turning into a mailman...His son also looked like me,went FBI;his nephew liked convincing folks he was a junkie,also mechanic type,who also was my look alike,most of my look alikes were law enforcement types.My dad was military police in WW2,marines.One ken I know of,was a semi pro golfer that did weather a no of yrs on T V,and he was a gambling type I heard...
For those with gambling problems,it may be obsessive/compulsive disorder,usually treated with fluoxipine/antidepressant type things.Try buying a computer games cd to play for free.I play free backgammon,dominoes and spades,at msn.com,hint ,hint...
 
Last edited:
1128051_article_img_large3.jpg


Kurt Busch not only tested an Indy car today on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's 2.5 mile oval...

...he also passed all 3 phases of the driver's test that all Indianapolis 500 rookies must pass before being allowed to attempt to qualify for the race itself.

The first day of practice for this year's 500 is Saturday and practice continues every day next week with the 2 qualification days for the race being the following Saturday and Sunday...

1128051_article_img_large1.jpg


...if you're interested to hear Busch speak about his experience at Indianapolis today and what plans he may or may not have to race in the Indianapolis 500, go here to watch an interview:

http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/9259317/kurt-busch-passes-rookie-test-indianapolis-500

And, go here to read more about it:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-busch-hits-218-at-indy-interested-in-next-years-500/
 
Back
Top