What are you listening to ?

Indeed, very much so.

Thank you for digging this up!

Focus - Live & Rare: Broadcasts Vaults '70-'76 (Remastered)

(finally settled down enough, to enjoy it.)

Tucked in the listings, was this treasure-

Can't Find My Way Home - Bonnie Raitt & Lowell George & John Hammond Jr & Freebo

mmmmm, simplicity and purity

(would not have found it...)

I'm listening to music inside my head, the Fleetwoods' COME TO ME SOFTLY, mentally transposing my 'ukulele fingerings (fourths, in F and C) to mandolin (fifths, in G). The bass run isn't hard but layering the melody on top of it takes some concentration. Oh well, I only started on this a couple days ago. It's not something I'd want to sing because weak lyrics. But I love the sound and structure.

Stevie Wonder released "Happy Birthday" in MLK's honor

I just never understood
How a man who died for good
Could not have a day that would
Be set aside for his recognition
Because it should never be
Just because some cannot see
The dream as clear as he
That they should make it become an illusion
And we all know everything
That he stood for time will bring
For in peace our hearts will sing
Thanks to Martin Luther King
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday

Martin Luther King Jr. entered a car at Logan Airport to ride to the Massachusetts State House on April 22, 1965. King led a march through the city to protest segregated housing conditions and racially imbalanced schools, and also spoke at Boston Common and during his visit. –File 1965/Boston Globe

A Little Girl Gives Coins To A Street Musician And Gets The Best Surprise In Return

(Maybe, she would have liked it, too.)

*tears are falling*

Subway stations can have acceptable acoustics. Could hear noodling, as I walked through.

Wanted the guitarists to break out...

Gene Loves Jezebel - Twenty Killer Hurts

*drifting down memory lane*

Re-visiting a conversation, where I was teased about The Sisters Of Mercy. There were so many bands. So many new songs. (Teaser was a music snob, like Indie. Where has that fucker been ?)

The Sisters Of Mercy - This Corrosion

Thanks, WFNX!

:rose:

Back