Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakesailer_mi

Sailing
When the weather gets bad, sail on in. Furl your sails and drop your anchor.
The Cutty Sark scotch flows freely. Wait out the storm until clear sailing days arrive.

OK, at the risk of total and complete rejection, I've started my own thread (because obviously, with over 500 threads, we don't have enough :rolleyes:).

And yes, I've perpetuated my inability to spell sailor...:eek:

I love Michigan and I love sailing.

I think I've found a new home. Thanks Sailor!

-admires the decor- it's lovely here, really. and i'm not afraid of work so if you need the bar counters wiped down or the floors swept from bow to stern, just give me a nudge :)

i'm just south of you, pretty close by. :) No rain in the skies yet today.

I love Michigan and I love sailing.

I think I've found a new home. Thanks Sailor!

Dude, that's too cool! I grew up in Michigan but I'm not there any longer. I miss the lakes a lot. Sailing along!

-admires the decor- it's lovely here, really. and i'm not afraid of work so if you need the bar counters wiped down or the floors swept from bow to stern, just give me a nudge :)

Naw, we won't put you to work, grab a cushion, get a drink and relax.

i'm just south of you, pretty close by. :) No rain in the skies yet today.

Even if the weather's fine, the cove is open...

i've never been to michigan but i understand that it's lovely, especially near mackinaw.

i've never been to michigan but i understand that it's lovely, especially near mackinaw.

Yeah and the Western shore of the state from around Holland up through Traverse City is excellent.

I've been drunk on Mackinac Island enough times that there's a whole section of dead brain cells devoted to it...

Do you allow motor boats?

If not I could come and explore your cove in my kayak. :)

Hi Sailor! I live in Michigan and spent my summers on the Big Lake. Still go out there every chance I get - no better place, imo. :)

Yeah and the Western shore of the state from around Holland up through Traverse City is excellent.

I've been drunk on Mackinac Island enough times that there's a whole section of dead brain cells devoted to it...

Love, love, LOVE the Island! :heart:

Only ever been to MI on business, and only in Detroit. :rolleyes: Would love to see where you guys are talking about.

And Lakesailer's a pretty good poster, so I can hang out. Next time I'll bring beer. :)

Only ever been to MI on business, and only in Detroit. :rolleyes: Would love to see where you guys are talking about.

And Lakesailer's a pretty good poster, so I can hang out. Next time I'll bring beer. :)

Well, Detroit has it's charms...um yeah, really...it is sad to see how far it's fallen.

If you ever get the chance, the rest of the state is well worth a visit.

Beer is good!!!! :D And thanks for compliment: you are one of the cool ones!

Last edited:
-settles into a cushion and pulls out the book i've been reading-

Last edited:
Your AV. Is it a sunset or sunrise.

<<<Sunrise over Drake's Island. Plymouth. UK.

Last edited:

I've been to Traverse City several times and absolutely love it. The western shore is absolutely glorious. I'm quite familiar with Michigan from 131 west. My experience ranges from New Buffalo up to Charlevoix.

Michigan is one of my favorite states.

Last edited:
I'm a water baby, and Michigan really is the winter, water, wonderland.

But right now, I'm longing for warm salt water, and tropical fishes :)

I've been to Traverse City several times and absolutely love it. The western shore is absolutely glorious. I'm quite familiar with Michigan from 131 west. My
experience ranges from New Buffalo up to Charlevoix.

Michigan is one of my favorite states.

I'm a water baby, and Michigan really is the winter, water, wonderland.

But right now, I'm longing for warm salt water, and tropical fishes :)

Two of my favorites and gee...Natty's on top ;)

Thanks for stopping by! and yes, it's getting a little cool in MI now. Probably a good time to think about a trip South.

Two of my favorites and gee...Natty's on top ;)

Thanks for stopping by! and yes, it's getting a little cool in MI now. Probably a good time to think about a trip South.

I love going out into the Caribbean sea on a friends trimaran. We often go out using the engines and sail back in. I love that.

Yep, I'm missing that trip...greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back