FAQ's - Read Before Posting Help Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilleon said:
Why doesn't my "current picture" show up under my biography? The image is 320 X 220 and 25kb; however, it does include the artist's signature. Is the signature considered "other advertisements"?

By the way, the artist does allow her work to be used in this manner.

Thank you for your help.

I'll try to attach the image.

Camellion

I don't think pictures are displayed on the "Biography" page just on your profile, I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

The sig is fine, no worries.
If you remove the space after the first [ and the last ] your sig will look like this.

The Parking Lot
by Camilleon©

[ URL=http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=337127]The Parking Lot
by Camilleon©[/URL ]

Quoll said:
I don't think pictures are displayed on the "Biography" page just on your profile, I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

The sig is fine, no worries.
If you remove the space after the first [ and the last ] your sig will look like this.

The Parking Lot
by Camilleon©

[ URL=http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=337127]The Parking Lot
by Camilleon©[/URL ]

Au Contraire, Mon Quoll, I believe you can, look into it will you.

It might be a matter of logging out, tossing your cookies and waiting until the server resets, I'll let you know if/when mine shows up.

Quoll,

Thank you so much for your help.

And thank you for the tip about my signature!

Camilleon

Camilleon said:
Quoll,

Thank you so much for your help.

And thank you for the tip about my signature!

Camilleon
Has the pic turned up yet?
You need to remove the space between the "L" and "]" in [/URL ]

Nope. The picture still doesn't show.

I emptied cookies, but now I can't sign in to the "main part," you know where I can submit a story or view my submissions, etc.

I can sign in here - obviously, but I can't sign in from the main page.

Camilleon

Quoll,

Yes, I see it! Thank you.

But one last thing....

Since I deleted my cookies, I can't login to submit stories or view my existing submission. Do I need to do the validation thing again? I still have the email Literotica sent me when I signed up.

I'm sorry to be such a pain.

Camilleon

Quoll,

Yes, I see it! Thank you.

But one last thing....

Since I deleted my cookies, I can't login to submit stories or view my existing submission. Do I need to do the validation thing again? I still have the email Literotica sent me when I signed up.

I'm sorry to be such a pain.

Camilleon

I had a bit of trouble after the board upgrade too, one thing that I did do that helped was to check the "remember me" box when signing in, I haven't had any problems since then.

Cheers, just posting a comment to say how handy this page was in explaining everything!

How do I make text links and make colored, bold, larger, etc., text?

To make text links like My Stories or Click Me to Search, you:

1) Type the text that you want to appear, e.g. My stories

2) Highlight that text

3) Click the
createlink.gif
button.

4) Make sure the 'http://' is highlighted, paste (press Ctrl and V) the URL of the page you want to link to into the text box that pops up and click OK.

5) Click somewhere else on the text box BEFORE you type anything else. If you don't click elsewhere, your link text will be replaced with whatever you start typing because that text is automatically highlighted when you insert a link.

6) Preview your post and click the link to make sure it works.

Or, you can do the same type of thing, but:

1) Click the Link button (above icon).

2) Paste your URL in the box that pops up and click OK.

3) Start typing the text you want to appear immediately, before you click anywhere else in the text box.

4) Preview your post and click the link to make sure it works and appears correctly.

Either way, the finished code will look like this, without the asterisks:
[*URL="http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=892864&page=submissions"]My Stories[/URL*]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To change the color, size, font or style of your text, simply:

1) Highlight the text you want to change.

2) Click on the
color.gif
(color), Size, Font,
bold.gif
(bold),
italic.gif
(italic),
underline.gif
(underline), etc., button for the change you want to make.

3) VERY IMPORTANT: Click somewhere else in the text box before you start typing more. Otherwise, it'll change the text you just highlighted!

If you want to make multiple changes to the text:

1) Highlight the text
2) Select one option (e.g. Bold)
3) Select another option, without clicking in the text box, since your text is still highlighted. If you do click in the text box, just highlight it again. (e.g. Blue color)
4) Keep adding until you're happy with the way it looks. You can use the Preview Post button under the text box and 'Post Icons' to see how it looks along the way.

You can also highlight the text and use common formatting shortcuts (just as you would for copying and pasting text), like:
CTRL+B for Bold text
CTRL+I for Italic text
CTRL+U for Underlined text

EXAMPLES:

Bold Text
(I highlighted "Bold Text", clicked the
bold.gif
button and clicked somewhere else in the text box)

Little RED dress
(Same deal as above, but click on the
color.gif
and select the color you want)

Here's a blue, Georgia, Size 3, italic link to Google!

(Highlight ONCE, click Color and select Blue, then Fonts and select Georgia, Size and select 3, and then the Italic button. Finally highlight the whole thing with all of the code and make it into a link, as the instructions detail above.)

Last edited:
If you want an image to appear in a message, sig line, or PM without attaching it, the image must be hosted online somewhere (i.e. NOT just in your computer).

To insert an image that's hosted online directly into your post:

1) Right click on the image in your browser
2) In Firefox, select "Copy Image Location" (Firefox)
In IE, select "Properties" and copy the URL/Address from the box that appears.
3) In your post/sig line/PM, either:
a) Click on the yellow and gray 'Insert Image' icon (
insertimage.gif
),paste the url into the dialog box that appears and hit OK.
OR
b) Type:
type the URL of the image here

***If that doesn't work/the image appears as a link, the site may not allow hotlinking. You can check whether or not a site allows hotlinking by going here here. If not, you'll either have to find or put it on another site (there are tons of sites that will host your adult images for free and allow hotlinking), or attach it.

To attach images to posts:
1) At the bottom of the post, click on "Manage Attachments"
2) A new window will pop up
3) Click "Browse" and find the image on your computer
4) Click "Upload"
***A window will tell you if the dimensions or file size of the attachment(s) exceed the limit.

Can you use the same attachment more than once? NO.
However, you can: (a)rename and resave the file and attach it to a new post, or (b)create an "index" by posting a link to the attachment. An index is what you see in many AmPics threads that have the links to many attached pics in the first post.
To post the link to the attachment/create an index of attached images in a single post:

1) Go to the original post (the one that contains the attachment(s) you want)
2) Click on the attachment (it's helpful to open this in a new tab or window)
3) When it opens, copy the URL from the address bar
4) Now go to your second post (the one you want the link to the attachment in, or the attachment copied to)
5) Press the
createlink.gif
icon at the top of the text box
6) Write in the text you want, and press OK
7) Insert/Paste the URL to the attachment that you just copied, and click OK again.

Your code should look like (without the asterisks):
[*URL=http*://www.literotica.com:81/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=539251]Here's Your Attachment from Your Other Post[/URL*]

The result: Here's Your Attachment from Your Other Post

To add an image to your profile

1) Click on User CP
2) Under the Control Panel menu, click the "Edit Profile Picture" link
3) If the image is hosted online, insert the URL of the image. Again, the site must allow hotlinking for this to work. If the site doesn't, try uploading it to an image hosting site.
OR
1) If the image is on your computer instead of a website, click Browse, and upload it as an attachment.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/youdontevenknowme

will this image load up if it does thank you for the info, if not I need to go back and read your advice again

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/youdontevenknowme

will this image load up if it does thank you for the info, if not I need to go back and read your advice again[/QUOTE]
Press the [IMG]http://forum.literotica.com/imagize/editor/insertimage.gif button, paste the URL of the image into the box, and click OK.

Your code should look like this, without the asterisks:

[*IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/youdontevenknowme[/IMG*]

Press the
insertimage.gif
button, paste the URL of the image into the box, and click OK.

Your code should look like this, without the asterisks:

[*IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/youdontevenknowme[/IMG*]

fingers crossed

How do I reply to story feedback?

I'm pretty new here. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this question, or if I should in the writer's forum, but I'll ask here first...

Does anyone know about story feedback? I just wrote my first story for Lit, and have received several feedback emails and public comments.

I know the emails are from people who do not wish to have their messages posted publicly. Their comments have come straight to my personal email address. I would love to respond, but I would like to know if I can without using my personal email address to do so. Does anyone know a way to do that?

I'm pretty new here. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this question, or if I should in the writer's forum, but I'll ask here first...

Does anyone know about story feedback? I just wrote my first story for Lit, and have received several feedback emails and public comments.

I know the emails are from people who do not wish to have their messages posted publicly. Their comments have come straight to my personal email address. I would love to respond, but I would like to know if I can without using my personal email address to do so. Does anyone know a way to do that?

Eurika, you have to use an email address to respond. Set up an anonymous account (say, for all of your Lit correspondence), then copy the person's email address from the feedback email and reply from your anonymous account, instead of the personal account it originally came to.

I find Gmail is the best email provider for this, and just about everything else. You can set up multiple accounts, then link them so incoming email will appear in your personal account's inbox, but you can reply to messages from any of your accounts by just selecting the address you want to reply with from the 'From:' drop-down box. Once you get it all set up, it's super-easy, though setting it up doesn't take that long, either. I have a handful of gmail accounts that are linked to my personal (but still fairly anonymous) gmail account:
- Personal, semi-anonymous main email account (Lit emails come here)
- A completely anonymous account for online dating and anonymous correspondence related stuff
- A couple of business email accounts
- An anonymous account for mailing lists, giving out to companies and other places I *might* get spam (so I can un-link it from my personal/main account at any time, without any ill-effects, and only check it when I want)

This keeps everything nice and organized and anonymous for me.

You can also change the email Lit has on file by going to your UserCP (though there might be something for reader feedback in your author control panel on the story side of the site, too). If you do that, all Lit-related email will go to the anonymous account you want it to go to, and then you just copy and paste the address to reply to feedback.

Hope that helps!

That does help. Thank you so much for the answer! I'll set up a new acct. today! :D

I sometimes like to look in at the Literotica Forum from work...which is okay until all the avatars start popping up. No one looks twice at someone, on their break, posting to a message board -- but with the hard cocks and huge breasts being featured in the avatars, that can get undue attention...

Is there any way to block forum images, even temporarily?

(I know one answer is to not log in from work. But some of these PMs and Personals are just too, um, "pressing!")

Thanks!

User CP --> Edit Options, scroll down to Visible Post Elements and uncheck one or all of the options listed.
Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)[/QUOTE]

Alternatively check your browser settings to turn off images for lit.

Last edited:
Advice on image hosting

I've looked around a bit here, but haven't been able to find an answer to this.

Does anyone have advice concerning a free and anonymous hosting site that tolerates smut, where I could park the pictures I want to then embed in my posts here?

I see a lot of posts where the photos have obviously been removed, maybe because they violated the host policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back