Isolated Poetry Blurt

neonurotic said:
You know you've posted too many poems when you submit the same poem twice, but under different titles.


:rolleyes:

:eek:

Goes and stands in Dunce corner ~
 
poet.png
 
I can't understand!

As the day and the night collides, and structures sihlouette the tired sight.
I kinda get the feeling someone wants to buy it all. The mind knows nothing of what you speak, it only gives what you need to survive. And as survival parameters are always changing, so then, shall you.



MyGuitar-1.jpg
 
Where's Leon? :confused:

I've been reading his archive thread for awhile and now no new old poems. I've rather enjoyed looking at the old stuff.
 
neonurotic said:
Where's Leon? :confused:

I've been reading his archive thread for awhile and now no new old poems. I've rather enjoyed looking at the old stuff.


maybe he's taking a WELL EARNED rest? i hope it's nothing more than that.
 
neonurotic said:
The brilliance in a great poem is the editing.

I just had to say that. It was gnawing my cerebral cortex while reading some of the threads in the Poetry Feedback & Discussion lately.
(That and I'm an AH and GB copycat with their blurt threads.)

Damn, wish I'd come and read that before I posted my two latest. And to think, he's known this all along. :rolleyes: Ah well, better late than never.
 
wildsweetone said:
maybe he's taking a WELL EARNED rest? i hope it's nothing more than that.

is Leon MIA? . . . he sure has earned some down time.

hey, Leon . . . pssssssssssst.
 
TheRainMan said:
is Leon MIA? . . . he sure has earned some down time.

hey, Leon . . . pssssssssssst.
I miss M. LeBroz. :rose: I hope all is well in his world, and if he's on vacation, I really hope he's having the time of his life.

Be safe and happy, Leon.
 
Is it healthy to go back to old poems and edit them, or is it more picking them over like a vulture?

I guess the answer is if the poem is improved then it's good.
 
I think it is very healthy, in the moment you are writing the poem, you can be very infatuated with it, because you are still in the honeymoon phase, like a newborn baby. Who scolds a newborn baby? Thinks of it as anything besides perfect. :)

When you come back to it, you have changed, grown, and can approach it with the touch of a firm parent of a toddler who needs to wipe his nose and catch his cough, you know, put away the blocks.

I don't know if this stretched and warped metaphor works at all. :rolleyes: But I think it is a great idea to come back and rework old poems with new eyes.


neonurotic said:
Is it healthy to go back to old poems and edit them, or is it more picking them over like a vulture?

I guess the answer is if the poem is improved then it's good.
 
If you're going to leave your heart on the page, make sure its face is clean, its tie is straight, and that it has bus fare home.
 
Tristesse2 said:
The heart or the page?
Aw, you're being picky now. It was a blurt, m'dear. Yer askin' me to make sense and I wuz just blurtin'. :rolleyes:

Oh, fine. Heart, of course. :heart:
 
Tristesse2 said:
I feel a poem coming on...........The Heart On The Page......


good to see you, dear one.
When I think of you, "heart" ain't 'zactly what comes to mind. Sorry.

I know, I know. Gutter mind. Bring on that poem, darlin'. :)
 
neonurotic said:
I'm never infatuated with my poetry. I go back and cringe then fix my fuck-ups, aka: misspells and word drops. I'm famous for word drops. Anyone that instant messages with me knows to fill in my blanks.

;)
We had a same title challenge, Word Drops... remember? :) If it's only words you drop, your IM correspondents must be terribly disappointed! :devil:
 
Tristesse2 said:
For some reason I've lost the thread.

:p
..............................................Look!

Here is a short thread of twisted cotton.
I pull at it. It is a habit I have.

As the thread unravels, I wonder—
what secrets will be revealed?
 
Last edited:
neonurotic said:
Wah? What are all you viewing and not posting? I don't think I've seen more than 20 people in the PF&D at a time!

Poetry Feedback & Discussion (104 Viewing)

it's climbing. :)

Paris Hilton musta walked in . . .
 
I think it must have been a group of Japanese tourists. Two days ago they were in the Portuguese forum. At one point, there were 27 people viewing, which is probably more than the total number of posters since the forum was created.
 
Back
Top