how to post a series

ciphera

Virgin
so I've posted two stories on my literotica account, but they're chapters one and two of a series I'm writing. is there any way to mark them on my profile as part of a series? at the moment I've just put "ch 1" and "ch 2" in the story titles

so I've posted two stories on my literotica account, but they're chapters one and two of a series I'm writing. is there any way to mark them on my profile as part of a series? at the moment I've just put "ch 1" and "ch 2" in the story titles

If they're titled something like "Senators In Catsuits" and "Senators In Catsuits Ch. 02", they should automatically be picked up and linked together as a series.

However, it seems to take a few hours between when the story goes up and when it's recognised as part of a series.

I am genuinely regretful that I didn't call the story Senators In Catsuits, wow. but thanks for the info :) I guess I'll just wait, then!

I am genuinely regretful that I didn't call the story Senators In Catsuits, wow. but thanks for the info :) I guess I'll just wait, then!

For a similar multi chapter story I've posted. I just used the title and "Chapter 1" Chapter 2" etc. They will show up in the story archive that way and readers can find them. Just to make sure, you might want to put a note with the first chapter that is the first of 5 or 6 or whatever unless you are just doing an open ended series that has no planned end. I would also put a "continued" or "continued to next chapter" at the end of each so that the reader will know more is to come.

I've tried to set up chapters so that there is enough "background" near the start of each so that a person stumbling onto a middle chapter won't be completely lost with the current action. I sort of try to make each chapter have a beginning and end so that it could stand alone as its own little episode if someone choses not to move on. Basically, it would be like a TV series with each one having enough to make it a closed story in and of itself, but carrying enough of the overall story to be continuous.

I try to have the complete set of chapters done, edited, and to the point I like them before posting the first. Then post each subsequent chapter a few days apart. It would also be possible to post all in close together in time but you probably don't want to do chapter 1 and make people wait or search for chapter 2 a month later.

Good luck. Have fun

I try to have the complete set of chapters done, edited, and to the point I like them before posting the first. Then post each subsequent chapter a few days apart. It would also be possible to post all in close together in time but you probably don't want to do chapter 1 and make people wait or search for chapter 2 a month later.

I am a Bad Author and average about a month between posts. It's not altogether a bad thing, since it lets the readers build up a feeling of antici

Darn, I didn't know you could do this when I started submitting, so I didn't include numbers in my titles. Is there any way I can rectify this now?

If you expect to write more than 9 chapters it is better to use Ch01, Ch02 otherwise when you post chapter 10 your series will look like this:

Ch1
Ch10
Ch2
Ch3

If you use 01 etc you can write up to 99 chapters and get them listed in the correct order.

Ch01
Ch02
Ch03

But make sure that the titles are exactly the same including upper and lower case and spacing.

Edited to add:

For a series you can add identifiers after the title and chapter number like this:

My Story Ch01 The beginning
My Story Ch02 Sparks Fly
My Story Ch03 Arguments
My Story Ch04 Reconciliation?
etc.

But NOT:

My Story The beginning Ch01
My Story Sparks Fly Ch02
My Story Arguments Ch03
My Story Reconciliation? Ch04

because that would appear in alphabetical order as:

My Story Arguments Ch03