The last person to post here wins . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very True, unfortunately.
Car designers do not seem to remember the costs of labour in a repair.
Strangely enough, most aircraft makers DO.

Are you sure it isn't the car repairers padding the costs of labour? I've had a garage quote me three hours for a job that took only one hour to do myself.

Are you sure it isn't the car repairers padding the costs of labour? I've had a garage quote me three hours for a job that took only one hour to do myself.

You can check, usually, with the maker, who should tell you how long a particular job should take.
And it has to go back tomorrow; the cam belt is due a replacement.

You can check, usually, with the maker, who should tell you how long a particular job should take.
And it has to go back tomorrow; the cam belt is due a replacement.

Back when I drove only well-used cars, I went to Canadian Tire for my major repairs. They worked by book time, and charged only for the labour it was expected to take. A godsend for old cars like mine that always took more time to actually do the job than the manufacturer projected.

Back when I drove only well-used cars, I went to Canadian Tire for my major repairs. They worked by book time, and charged only for the labour it was expected to take. A godsend for old cars like mine that always took more time to actually do the job than the manufacturer projected.

"Baby you can drive my car...

I'm Laster than you, Tio. :cool:

Good morning. :)

:rose::kiss::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back