_ _ _ a green butterfly

wh,
2018-04-03

--

An edited recycled American Sentence on a similar theme

They call the damn box
piano actually
it is pretty loud.​

This is a nice and interesting poem. About the "similar"? Well, this is just a very distant association, which is fine, of course--it's good to create collections/anthologies of somewhat related poems.

In fact, this haiku is not even about any grand piano but perhaps (my interpretation) about a jukebox. (Pianola could be another option but it's almost unheard of).

Also, this poem can be called haiku but only due to 5-7-5 (which is of little importance). This piece is more like tanka except for it's damning tone, which here feels charming (to me).

Last edited:
This is a nice and interesting poem. About the "similar"? Well, this is just a very distant association, which is fine, of course--it's good to create collections/anthologies of somewhat related poems.

In fact, this haiku is not even about any grand piano but perhaps (my interpretation) about a jukebox. (Pianola could be another option but it's almost unheard of).

Also, this poem can be called haiku but only due to 5-7-5 (which is of little importance). This piece is more like tanka except for it's damning tone, which here feels charming (to me).

In Polish--fortepian. It's featured in a couple of my poems.

But first of all, see the famous poem Fortepian Chopina by a great and super-original poet Cyprian Kamil Norwid--a great thinker.

Senna and pelegrino, Thanks for your comments. And yes I am guilty of taking liberties both with using the shortened name of this instrument and in warping both style and content while still cleaving to the 5-7-5. But as Tzara notes in The Thread of Forms the form is a minefield.

Last edited:
Back