Voyeur/Fetish Clubs in Michigan

Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Posts
9
Hi all,

We are a younger (mid 20s) couple looking to explore our sexuality in a variety of different settings. We've attended a few goth nights at local clubs/bars, but are looking for something a little more..open. We have looked online (google, etc.) with some success, but nothing seems to stand out.

Specifically, we are looking for places that would involve watching others have sex. Or, we are also interested in BDSM/fetish shows and parties, but would stop short at any party or club that would require us to actively participate with others (at this time).

Does anyone have any good suggestions for events/parties/venues/organized groups for this type of activity?

Our male half recalls some sort of large annual sex/fetish convention in Detroit, but can't recall the name or date (he believes he saw posts for this here on LIT).

A few quick things to note-this is not posted in the personals for a reason: We are not looking for a third partner, and we are also not looking for BDSM "lifestyle" groups or sites. We enjoy fetish/dominance/etc. in the bedroom as part of our sexual play, but don't want to take it beyond this into our daily lives.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can give.
 
Try googling swinging, lifestyle, BDSM and sex-positive clubs, groups and events in the nearest city/cities. I have a feeling calling them voyeur/fetish clubs is what is causing you problems with finding them.

Since your main aim is to watch people have sex, I'd also suggest asking about groups/clubs on SwingersBoard (.com, I think, but google it). There are tons of friendly people there who are happy to answer questions and share their vast knowledge of that lifestyle. I'm guessing some of them are also into BDSM and can point you in the right direction in terms of kink nights at swinging clubs or BDSM clubs/events in general.

Most swinging/lifestyle and BDSM clubs have areas that allow exhibitionism/voyeurism and separate areas where voyeurism isn't allowed. Also, I've never heard of a club that compels people to participate beyond their comfort level or be involved with others in any way, so I think your fears on feeling forced to have sex with others or do any sort of BDSM activity are unwarranted.

At our local club (which is sex-positive, but most members are kinky in some way, whether that's bedroom-only or lifestyle D/s), there are different events nightly that cater to different activities/kinks/groups, and people are encouraged to participate at their comfort level. I can, and do, go just to socialize with other kinky people at times. We've been flirted with and I've been asked for a kiss by a newbie ONCE (I politely declined), but we've never been propositioned or felt compelled to do anything but follow the common-sense rules and have fun watching and doing our own thing. From what I can tell, the vast majority of clubs/groups are just like this because they want everyone to feel safe and comfortable and don't want to deter lifestyle newbies or new members.

The other thing to consider is that most of us kinky folk have been subject to some discrimination and/or being told what we do is "wrong/sick" so most of us are pretty sensitive to accepting fellow kinksters and vanillas of all persuasions. Bedroom-kink isn't my particular brand of kink, but that's cool...diversity makes the world go 'round, right?

So, I wouldn't worry so much about whether things talk about the "lifestyle" or not. That can mean a lot of different things and doesn't necessarily exclude people who are on the lighter side of the spectrum. Find the events/clubs first, then contact someone to ask if there's an area for voyeurs, if some members are more occasional/bedroom players, what the rules are, etc. :)
 
Thanks

Thanks very much for all the information! We have looked around and found some interesting ideas..does anyone have anything specific to Michigan or the Detroit/Ann Arbor area?
 
I wish that you'd thought to ask this question a week ago. I'm a fan of social nudity, and I found an "adult" nudist campground during a websearch. Although it wasn't my cup of tea, you probably would have found it to be interesting. Apparently, public displays of affection were condoned at that particular area, whereas the average "adult" establishment (regardless of kink or deviancy) in America frowns on such activity.
 
Interesting...

Indeed, we might well have found this interesting. Do you happen to know more about this? How we might get involved next time around?
 
Back
Top