Decadents and Dropouts IC

Trunfor

He shrugged, "Fiends and Demon are not know for being friendly with mortals and producing an offspring is usuallyy unintended. No my mother was probably raped by my bastard father."

Trunfor looked down at the table, "My mother never abandoned me though. It`s because of her that I`m around today. She was the only one who loved me. I still remember the time when she was killed. The townsfolk always blamed me for every problem that happened and after awhile, they had had enough of me. When the villagers were taunting me and throwing stones at me, she trie to stop them, but..."

He stopped and took a few breaths, "They beat her and killed her mercilessly."
 
Gryph

"You mean to tell me that humans killed your mother?"

Gryph could not believe what he heard, how could they be so cruel? Not even among the Dragons, who had every right to scorn and kill him did he come across such cruelty. Of course Dragons was much wiser than they are give credit, yet even inside of them dwells a creature guided by instincts.
 
Trunfor

"I don`t know if hey had intended to at first or not. They were originally going after me, but my mother got in the way and like most angry mobs, they lost control."

Trunfor shuddered at the memory, "From that day on, I`ve sworn myself to defend others against such injustice."
 
Gryph

"Then you are in good company Trunfor, I will not let something like that stand and luckily I have an advantage that would make even the angriest mob stop and think about attacking me"

He lifted his hand, formed a fist and opened his hand again, a small flame sprang into life and Gryph smiled.

"Most people fear fire and by wielding fire, you can bring many people to their senses, very fast"
 
Trunfor

Trunfor smiled, "I`m glad I have friends like you." Suddenly he remembered about Relic, he was interested in going up there and seeing what she had in store for him. He decided to wait a little longer.

He felt uncomfortable about seeing Relic, he had never fel this way about anyone. "Gryph, I have a question to ask. What should I do about Relic and me? I don`t know her very well, but she was with you guys before I came along right? What can you tell me about her?"
 
Gryph

He closed his hand to extinguish the flame and then looked at Trunfor,

"Actually I know nothing about her, I know her kind, but not her personally. She was part of the group before I happened along, but it seems like Phyliss doesn't like her too much."

He frowned,

"Just in case she happens along, there was a vampire with Phyliss, but during our escape we lost contact with her."

He sighed,

"I know that some vampires are beautiful, but this one is ravishing,"

He grinned,

"Last time I saw her she was being ravished, but it did seem very consensual to me."

He followed his statement with a chuckle,

"Now young friend, I am sure that the little drow has you thinking, but just be careful not to put your heart on the line. It may be curiosity or it could even be true, but do not give your self away before you truly know what is the deal"
 
Trunfor

"Hmm, well I wish to know more about her. I`ll ask Phyliss about her once she comes back from talking to Zaehl." He thought to himself for a minute then addressed Gryph, "You mind telling me about yourself?"
 
Gryph

Gryph shrugged,

"The first thing I can remember is unbearable pain, enough to make you want to rip yourself apart. After that I had to endure rejection and judgment everywhere I went. The humans didn't want me because of my teeth and eyes, the dragons didn't want me due to my skin, hair and obvious lack of horns, wings and tail. I had to fend for myself since I could stand, I have wandered the kingdoms, always in the wild and always avoiding people. It was only the very few whom I came across who would taught me, they are the people whom I thank every day of my life. I learned how to speak and read..."

He raised his hand,

"Never did learn to write due to the size of these, I learned basic good manners, how to keep secrets, how to express myself, basic sword craft and how to fight with my fists. An old wizard was kind enough to teach me how to harness and use my fire abilities, he said that one day I would be able to use all the elements. Up until now the only thing I knew was the wild and I had the skills to cope in polite society, but polite society never coped with me"
 
Trunfor

"I wonder, how did you and Phyliss meet and why is she on the run? Is it because of hose two assassins that I saw in the forest before I met you guy?"
 
Gryph

"Hmmmm I was resting when the kobald's little friend happened along. I followed her back to the estate, where after a little misunderstanding between the guards and me I broke down the gate. After making amends with the lord of the estate I met Phyliss and her friend, we had breakfast together and shortly after that came under attack."

He shrugged,

"I stuck with Phyliss as she seemed to be the one who would have needed my help the most."
 
Trunfor

OOC: I`ve run out of ideas for my character to say.. Also I have to take care of my other threads, especially Wasteland IC

Trunfor decided to get back to Relic so as not to keep her waiting. He got up and grabbed the wine and food, "I better go and give this to Relic before she gets bored. I`ll see you later." Then Trunfor turned and headed up the stairs.
 
-Z-

Z was glad to see Trunfor was taking precautions. Phyliss had a point though, a gorgon is more than capable of defending against one person.

'Zaeel' shut the door, but left it unlocked. "Ah, yes, the room is quite nice. I feel it is a waste of coin to spend so much on...accommodations, but as I lack an office in this town I need a suitable place to entertain clients."

He moved over to the oil lamps and increased the flame on each of them, considerably brightening the room. Z then sat down on the other couch across the table from Phyliss.

Zaeel smiled gently at the young woman and spoke in a soft and polite tone. "So..Miss Phyliss. What did you wish to discuss?"
 
Trunfor

Trunfor headed up the stairs, pondering over what he had learned form Gryph. He also thought about what Phyliss and that guy Zhael were talking about, but then decided to not worry about it.

Trunfor approached the door to their room, took a breath, and opened the door.
 
Relic

Whist Trunfor was out fetching the necessary supplies that Relic had requested, she had quickly scanned through the room. Leaving items exactly as she found them, it helped her avoid suspicion. There was one thing she did change, and that was closing the windows.

She kept the candle going, now that there was little light entering from outside.

She had done her snooping, and was relaxing on the bed once again when he returned.

To begin with she had cursed Gryph taking his bags with him. But of course it would have been too easy if he hadn't. Then there was the supplies that the Kobold carried on him. Gosh she was greedy.

Smiling as she lay back on the bed, Relic waved Trunfor over to the bed.
 
Trunfor

Trunfor entered the room and saw Relic lying on his bed. Had she stayed their since he`d left? Trunfor was very nervous as he approached Relic, "I got the food and wine you wanted." He set it down on the table beside her then sat down at the foot of the bed.

"Sorry for taking a while, I met Gryph along the way and had a quick talk with him," Trunfor smiled sheepishly unsure of what to say or do.
 
Relic

"Not to worry, I was here imagining some brawl between you and the bar tender. But speaking to Gryph is just as acceptable."

Moving down to kneel on the bed beside him, Relic took the wine and food that Trunfor had obtained. Standing up, she removed glasses from one of the night stands and poured two glasses, offering him one.

Walking back over she chose a new spot to sit, facing him, straddling his legs.

She was a pretty forward sort of girl.

Passing him his glass, she took a sip of her own. "So what did you and Gryph discuss? The thief...or the assassin in your bed?"

Grinning, she tossed the rest of her wine back before licking her lips. It was a nice drop. Relic pressed the coldness of the glass against her cheek. Enjoying the sensation.
 
Trunfor

Trunfor smiled at her comment then took a drink from the glass she offered him. He looked at her, "I was discussing our current problem, as well as my childhood with Gryph."

He stroaked her hair and back with his hands.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Well..." Phyliss lashed her eyes and looked at Zahl (sic). She found him quite attractive, and he had the style and splendour that her friends just lacked. To be fair, she was most fond of her friends and even attracted, but this merchant seemed someone who was closer to her own world. Still, this didn't mean he was trustful - she wasn't as stupid to be blinded that easily.
"I would be most happy to talk with you about my river idea, and your role in it."
 
-Z-

Z didn't like the way most of the "civilized" races would jump to instant conclusions about people because of their race. However, he understood it. The stereotypes given to the "monstrous" races were based on facts and history. For every orc that was actually a pleasant fellow, there were hundreds more that would chop you in half without hesitation. People seem to be learning the lesson that you can't judge a person based solely on their race.

If you tell people that not all elves are the same, that they are individuals with the ability to choose their path, they will tend to agree. Tell the same people that not every goblin is the same and you will get laughed at. The difference is the concept of "people." Humans are people. Elves are people. Dwarves are people. Goblins are monsters. If your entire species is labeled and treated like monsters then it is hard to become anything else.

Given the way every gorgon he had ever met has acted, he was beginning to wonder if there were actually more good gorgons than "evil" ones.

"Ah yes, the river idea." Zaeel made sure to keep polite eye contact with Phyliss. He didn't want to seem threatening or intimidating, and focusing on her eyes made it easier to avoid looking at the rest of her body. He would love to look at the rest of her body, but didn't want to give her the wrong impression. He was here to help. Not ogle.

"Well, I was not sure I had been...correctly informed. Zahn had simply overheard what you were saying while drinking with your friends. I spoke to the young elf...Relic, I believe...about the idea. But, as it is your idea, I hoped you would have more than the vague concept Miss Relic gave me."

Zaeel relaxed slightly in to the couch. "So...how can I help?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss leaned forward, rubbing her foot over the rug. She appreciated that the merchant looked into the eyes - even the bravest guys who dealed with her avoided that. Maybe he was a mage, a necromant, a wizard? Something to take care of, by all means.
"I have an idea... of a gentle big raft or roomy riverboat, that floats along the river, a place to dwell for nice people who are discriminated and threatened by intolerant peasants and othe rmean people. A place to live until we find a stable place to build a community. Sadly, I am really pennyless. I only have some clothes left, and I would starve if I didn't hve some friends, but they are threatenbed by poverty myself. So I am grateful for any help that I can get." she smiled warmly at Zahl, enjoying his eyes fixed on hers.
 
-Z-

"Ah...but living life on the river would be most difficult. Traveling is never easy, but using any vehicle can add many dangers. Do you or your friends know how to operate a boat? Know how to travel down a river? Oceans are hard to travel, but rivers! Most dangerous. Rivers go from deep to shallow without warning. Rocks will stick out of the water and block your passage. Other rocks will hide just below the surface to tear your hull when you pass over them. Rivers turn in to waterfalls often and create rapids that will toss you around and knock you from your boat."

Z didn't want to destroy her dreams, he just wanted her to be informed of what she would face. "But...like all things, a river can be traversed by those who know what they're doing. Do you...have any friends who know how to handle a boat? Read maps?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss tried to hide the desillusion on her face, but she wondered if the stranger could read her feelings by the way her snakes squirmed.
"If you ask me that way.. I am not so sure if they have much experience with boats. Can it really be that difficult to build a raft and just let it down the river? Tronfur can fly, and Gryph is really strong and handy, and Kanut, if he comes as well, knows many things..." she did not really know what to do.
 
-Z-

He felt bad listing off all the negative situations that come from boating. But these were things that needed to be considered. "Building a raft takes time and materials. If you can not buy the wood, you must cut down the trees yourself. Then it is not just a matter of tying logs together...no, no. Gaps must be filled, things must be made waterproof. Then you still have to be able to ride it. Two people of regular size on a raft? That can be done. Even three people, if one is small. But you have many friends. Mister Gryph is large and heavy and Mister Trunfor can not fly all day long at the same speed of the water, can he?"

Z had gone over what money he had left. If it came down to it, he'd use the two "lucky charms." They hadn't exactly been effective lately, anyways. He let out a soft sigh. "I can purchase for you a small boat. It will not be much, but it will be able to get you and your friends way from this...place. You will need to find one or two people capable of operating it, though. It is your adventure, shahzadi, so it is up to you to find people you might trust enough for this. I can pay for them, but I do not think it is my place to choose them."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Ohh...so...what shall I do?" Phyliss rested her head into her hands, feeling rather miserable after the short hightime. She really wanted to go on that trip, and she had nearly talked Trunfor and Gryph into this.
"I..cannot back now. I must do this somehow...Can you help me with your experiencê?" the gorgon looked beseechingly at him.
 
-Z-

Z had been trying so hard to have as little involvement as possible. He told himself before he started this that he would regret getting involved. However, he would regret it more if he only went half way.

"You are not used to large cities, are you? Yes it is much more...complicated, in places like this." Zaeel rose from his place on the couch, and moved over to the one Phyliss was sitting on. He sat down next to her and placed his hand gently on her shoulder.

"Do not worry. I said I shall help, and help I shall. Take your friends and go to the docks. They are not the...safest place when the sun goes down, but there are far less fewer people there. You will find people with the skills you need in the taverns and on the streets there. Be careful what information you give, and what you believe. I will deal with the boat, and then send Zahn to find you."

He gave Phyliss a soft reassuring smile. "It will all work out, you'll see."
 
Back
Top