Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

"The erotic instinct is something questionable, and will always be so whatever a future set of laws may have to say on the matter. It belongs, on the one hand, to the original animal nature of man, which will exist as long as man has an animal body. On the other hand, it is connected with the highest forms of the spirit. But it blooms only when the spirit and instinct are in true harmony. If one or the other aspect is missing, then an injury occurs, or at least there is a one-sided lack of balance which easily slips into the pathological. Too much of the animal disfigures the civilized human being, too much culture makes a sick animal."
-Carl Gustav Jung.​
 
This miiiiiight be the first time I've ever conversation-killed a thread by taking a header into a lake.

How can I help us get unstuck?
 
should have a post in tonight. was waiting to see if anybody else was going to post before I did.
 
Location location location

it is my understanding that the fires started in the docks/warehouse section of the city. As the glacier would have been over that to reduce the fires the fastest I would say that it fell there.

Not the nice part of town, or the high rise buildings, but I would say that real estate suddenly dropped in the warehouse district. Possibly even gotten gutted or ruined...

I figure that maybe a triad of blocks, plus one female, got squished.
 
I think Hiro could save her and the glacier with his fire tornado. She might get burned, but I doubt it. Kryptonians can sit on the sun. It would keep the glacier from flattening her or any innocent bystanders. It can also continue to thaw the glacier. :)
 
The run-off from the glacier is blunting the fire tornado but hasn't extinguished it. And maybe if Rose gets her brain in gear she can slow its descent and help Karan lift it off of herself?

Betcha Damien's flyer has a tow cable in it, too.
 
Last edited:
The run-off from the glacier is blunting the fire tornado but hasn't extinguished it. And maybe if Rose gets her brain in gear she can slow it's descent and help Karan lift it off of herself?

Betcha Damien's flyer has a tow cable in it, too.

I'm willing to collaborate on that idea. :)
 
Here's my thought.

Just spitballing.

From the sky, Damien spots the shrouded figure making off with Kaldur and tracks him, Rose and Hiro save Karan, Karan and Rose engage Val-Zod while Hiro and Damien rescue Kaldur?
 
actually I was figuring she got squished hard and will wake up either in someone's bed/couch, or in a hospital.
 
actually I was figuring she got squished hard and will wake up either in someone's bed/couch, or in a hospital.

The battle's not even over yet for that dream to become a reality. Unless you are purposefully trying to bail out of the fight.
 
what I want ifs for more people to step up and do something. Karan needs to get smashed to the ground to get the eye opening experience of learning to think about consequences.

if someone pulls her stupid pulverized ass out from under a mountain of rock, and gets her a fair dose of sunlight, she'll help in the fight.
 
Might be hard to find sunlight at this hour of the night, unless Hiro runs Karan to another time-zone?

Or a greenhouse with sunlamps, artificial sunlight might work?
 
drop her in a nuclear reactor?

Maybe a fusion reactor, STAR Labs Metropolis might have one.

But there could be fallout for that, literal and figurative.

If Hiro runs Karan to some sunny beach, you could both speed back almost like you'd never left.

Can Hiro vibrate through matter? He might be able to get her out from under that rock without too much help. Of course, he wouldn't know to expose her to sunlight unless she was conscious, but maybe Rose could pick that up from Karan's surface thoughts?
 
Or maybe Karan could be barely-conscious enough to rasp something about needing sunlight and Rose wouldn't have to intrude on her brainpan?
 
I just thought it might be good to have a plan.

Get everyone on the same page?

If people were blocked on what to do next, a brainstorming session might help to get things moving.
 
I just thought it might be good to have a plan.

Get everyone on the same page?

If people were blocked on what to do next, a brainstorming session might help to get things moving.

Yeah, otherwise, I'm going to have Hiro halt that glacier from even smashing her because he is capable of doing it. If you wanted her to learn the hard way, she can easily get her fanny handed to her by Val-Zod.
 
I agree with you that there are a number of ways our characters could have intervened to help there, HC, but I think Var wanted it that way, and I think it's against the forum rules to contradict things that have already been posted.

So I think we should help Karan where she is now rather than stopping it from happening. But there's ways we can do that!
 
Okay.

I'm not the boss of anyone. But here's my thoughts, with no pressure or obligation:

I don't want to underplay Rose's weakness to fire, but I think I'm gonna decide that the fire is out enough that Rose can fly out and help again.

HC, if you could spot Karan as she's falling and then vibrate Karan out from under the mountain?

If she's semi-conscious she might say something about needing sunlight, Var, if that's okay with you? If that's not to your liking, then do I have your permission for Rose to pick up thoughts along those lines?

Then once we get Karan back in it, Vic, could you alert us to the Val-Zod/Kaldur situation? Then we can divide up accordingly?

If anyone has better ideas, I'm open to that, but if not is everyone okay with that as the plan?
 
I would go with a little mental tapping is needed. She's to rash, to impulsive and spent everything. She'd reckless. That's why the mountain fell.
 
I would go with a little mental tapping is needed. She's to rash, to impulsive and spent everything. She'd reckless. That's why the mountain fell.

Makes sense to me!

We got a handful of rookies here, it makes sense to me that we'd make some mistakes before we cohere as a unit.

Karan overextended herself on her opening move.

Rose flew into a fiery area without comprehending that that crap can seriously frelling kill her.

Hiro put fire up into the air without really thinking through the ramifications.

I don't have any objections to any of this. But we can still come together and make a pretty good team, I think.

I also like that when all of us finally come together, there'll be seven of us. Seven's a good number for a superteam, it's auspicious.
 
Hiro isn't aware of his ability to vibrate things. He just learned to tap obliviously into the Speed Force and then to recklessly put out a fire with a twister move.
 
Back
Top