Curiosity made Saxon post.....

Saxon_Hart

WWJD4AKlondike Bar?
Joined
May 2, 2011
Posts
7,412
This is a question that has been on my mind for some time. I never thought about it when I just read stories on here, but when I began writing it came to me....Only three or four people know I write erotica but only two know my pseudonym and where I post my work. So my question is, how many people know that you write and and publish erotica? I am truly curious to see what the answers are.
 
Maybe four or five. But not anyone I interact with face to face.
 
I took up a pseudonym to write erotica so that secretly-50-Shades-reading moms at the schoolgate wouldn't strike my daughter off their kids' birthday party lists. A couple of people do know. When my MILF friend who teaches pole dancing and does burlesque was gobsmacked and thought it was outrageous (and funny), I realised that perhaps it wasn't something I could expect everyone to understand!

I used to live in the queer communities and became accustomed to going round with my knickers on my sleeve. We were not only out, we were loud and proud about everything we did so I find it hard not to tell people. Sometimes if I tell blokes they start inviting me out for dinner and turn out not to be wanting to discuss developing some work with me - naive MILF always thinking the guys might be able to concentrate on what she's saying about the rugby!

I hesitate sometimes to volunteer to work in my daughter's school in case it were to come out, and then they'd get a rough press about it. That's a shame, I haven't quite figured that one out yet.

I like having another 'dreamtime' life. I like my name, it says things about me just like my 'real' name but with a different intonation.
 
A bunch of people. I really don't care what people think and those who have known me for years are not surprised.
 
Lots of people know I write; it's something that I've always done and my family is eagerly awaiting the publication of my first book. However, that's not erotica.

Do they know about this? No. My mister doesn't know either. There are a few of my theatre friends who know and some even read it. One of those women decided that she was reading about my actual sex life (LOL) and had to click out of the story.
 
Lots of people know I write; it's something that I've always done and my family is eagerly awaiting the publication of my first book. However, that's not erotica.

Do they know about this? No. My mister doesn't know either. There are a few of my theatre friends who know and some even read it. One of those women decided that she was reading about my actual sex life (LOL) and had to click out of the story.

LOL, my Fella thinks I'm doing this as a feminist activist project! He is sort of right. ;) Some of the time.

I write gay male as well as hetero and lesbian, so hopefully people do realise it isn't my actual exploits although someone did ask if the Fella ever dresses up as a werewolf! OMG, poor thing - so straight that they use him in the department to draw lines with! He would be mortified.

:rose:
 
I think about four real life friends know? I wouldn't mind increasing that number.
 
My former creative writing tutor.

She came to Literotica, she lurked, she ran away.

I think she read a couple of my stories and then visited the GB.
 
This is a question that has been on my mind for some time. I never thought about it when I just read stories on here, but when I began writing it came to me....Only three or four people know I write erotica but only two know my pseudonym and where I post my work. So my question is, how many people know that you write and and publish erotica? I am truly curious to see what the answers are.

I have to keep work and the rest of my life separate. I work in one of those fields where people feel obligated to freak the hell out if anyone discovers that you have any sort of sex life. People in my field lose their jobs and careers if someone posts a pic of them in a bikini on Facebook and the wrong people see it.

So I don't talk about my erotica writing at work. A handful of people know in the abstract that I have self-published stuff and one of my titles is "kinda racy," so I don't talk about it openly... but that's about it.

My family and friends, however, all know.

My mother and my girlfriend's step-mother have both read my urban fantasy erotica novel.

Yeah. That was weird. :)
 
No family member or anyone in my immediate circle knows. It's easier that way. ;)

A lot of the authors here know me from the Litogethers. Now those were fun. :D
 
Mr. Carlieplum knows. That's it. I can't imagine a circumstance in which I would tell anyone, although quite a few friends/family have told me they read 50 Shades and I had a momentary flash of thinking I might tell. (But thought better of it.)
 
I dont conceal what I do, never have, mostly I cant imagine anyone being interested in what I do. We live in an age where most people are self-absorbed and self-promoting.
 
Back
Top