The King and I (closed)

The dinner continued on for what seemed like an eternity once the courses were finished and the toasts were made. Charlotte was bored, but trying to keep her features schooled so that no one would know that. She smiled every so often as Dave looked at her from his spot and she winked at him, all she dared to do in this room full of people.

As soon as the dinner was at an end, Charlie waited at the exit to the royal apartments, waiting as Dave made his goodbyes to the Princess and the rest of the royal family. As he approached her, she laughed softly, a smile on her face.

“You going to keep that uniform on?” She asked him, laughing at the look upon his face. “I think you look rather handsome in it.”
 
He smirked at her and undid the top two buttons, stretching and rotating his neck,

"I'd rather go to war than wear this for pleasure."

He smiled,

"You will have to be satisfied with a black polo neck and slacks, he entered his apartment and waited for Charlotte to join him. He turned around and pushed her gently against the door she had just pulled close, his lips finding her own, his hands pulling her tightly to him.

When the kiss broke he smiled at her, brushed a stray strand of hair from her face and moved deeper into the apartment to his room to change, pulling off the uniform as he went,

"Seems like the princess is jealous of you Charlie."
 
“Hmmm…well, I guess that will have to do.” She said, acting as if she were put out by the fact that he was going to change into a polo and slacks.

Entering his apartment after him, she turned to shut the door and she was surprise to feel Dave press her against the door and his lips dipped to claim hers. She whimpered, her hands pressing against his chest as he pressed tightly against her body. She was trapped and completely his, and Charlie felt a delicious thrill at the thought.

When the kiss broke, she was breathless, panting as she looked up at him and he brushed a stray piece of hair from her face. Then he was moving, pulling away from her and into his apartment to change.

“And why would she be jealous of me?” She asked, following after him and picking up the pieces of his uniform that were scattered in his wake.
 
He ended up with just swordbelt and shoes, socks and boxers on when she made her way into the room. He undid the sword and tossed it onto the bed, he grinned,

"In her own words: It seems like your majesty has only eyes for one woman in this room and it isn't me."

He opened his dresser and pulled out the clothing he wished to wear,

"She's really sharp, I think that Earl Denshlow's son would sit well with her and she is quite easy on the eye. Think I should send him over as an envoy."
 
Charlie was brought up short as she caught him in just his boxers and the sword belt. She burst out laughing at the scene that he made as he undid the sword and threw it on the bed. Shaking her head, she placed the rest of his uniform on the well made bed and paused when he mentioned that the princess had noticed the attraction between the two.

“I think Earl Denshlow’s son would be an excellent match for her majesty.” She said, giving him a smile as she took a seat on the bed and watched him dress. “But only if you’re sure that I’m the only woman that you’re going to have eyes for.”
 
He slipped on his polo-neck shirt and looked over at her,

"With you looking that hot? Psh no question."

He grinned and pulled his favorite black leather jacket from the dresser, the inside lined with fleece to give warmth, yet also have the classic look of leather. He slipped it on and shrugged it into position,

"Alright, I'm ready. I guessing you have picked a place and the security team is in place?"
 
“I might have already picked.” She said with a simple shrug of her shoulders, a smile on her face as he turned to face her. “And it might be your favorite kind of food. I do have to make my prince happy, don’t I?”

She stood from the bed and took his arm, smiling up at him as she motioned for him to lead the way.
 
"Ah now the prince has to be kept happy, but in his own country he must run around like a headless chicken to keep others happy."

He smiled at her and walked out of the room, heading for the apartment's exit, he paused at the door and smiled at her,

"You do know that you have been scrutinized at the dinner right? Quite a lot of the local royalty had their eye on you."
 
“Let them try and court me. They’ll be disappointed to find out that I’m already off the market.” Charlie said, smiling at Dave as she took his arm and pressed a kiss to his cheek. “Unless I need to make you horribly jealous, then I might consider it.”
 
"Ooh now that is the way to go, make the king jealous."

He chuckled,

"The year is not too late for me to find a reason to go to war you know?"

He gave her a wink and opened the door, leading the way outside and closing the door behind them.

"So where is this new favorite place of mine?"
 
“Then the press would label me Helen of Troy. There’s no need to start a war over me, your highness. I’ll be content to simply have a ring on my finger when the appropriate time comes.” Charlie teased him, kissing his cheek before they exited the room.

“Well, it’ll be a surprise, but I do hope that you have your sea legs. We’re on a boat tonight.” She said, taking his arm and letting him lead her towards the car that would drive them to their destination.
 
"Sea legs? Oh heck, you clearly know how to blackmail me."

He gave her a smile and watched the city as it passed them as they drove to their destination,

"It is quite interesting how pretty another city is when you pass through it, but how much different it looks when you have to organize the city."
 
“Then maybe you shouldn’t think about how you organize your cities and enjoy the beauty of them.” Charlie said, glancing over at Dave as he watched the city pass them by as their car continued through the streets. “You worry too much, Donovan. You’re doing just fine so far.”
 
He smirked at her words,

"It is because I worry and try to do my very best that I'm doing not too bad a job so far."

He gave her a sly look,

"You know Charlie, I'm glad that you're letting your hair down for a change. I see no clipboard nor electronic organizer."
 
Charlie reached across the seat and gave him a playful shove as he teased her. She shook her head, a playful scowl on her face as he talked about her being without a clipboard and organizer that evening.

“You never know, Dave. I might have one hidden under this pretty little dress.” She said, laughing as his eyes grew wide at the very suggestion. “I do take my job very seriously and I can’t let my King down.”
 
He peered at the rather snug dress, the hem showing off a lot of leg and then he eyed the jacket suspiciously,

"The perpetrator would be hiding right under that black garment you are wearing."

He prodded her playfully, working on her ticklish spots
 
“Donovan, don’t you dare…” She warned as he started tickling her.

She squealed and struggled to get away from his prodding fingers, laughter filling the back of the car as his hands slid under her jacket, pushing it from her shoulders until her arms were bared.

“Dave!” She yelped, squirming as his lips came close enough to hers that she kissed him to distract him.
 
He chuckled at her squeals of laughter, during her trying to prevent him from tickling her more her jacket opened to reveal her shoulders and then her soft lips captured his own lips, momentarily distracting him. He enjoyed the sensation, feeling her warm breath as she exhaled into the kiss, her hands not releasing their grip on his own. He slowly pulled away from her and grinned at her,

"I see that your mind tricks work very well master Jedi, this is not the clipboard I've been looking for."
 
Charlie couldn’t help but smile as Dave pulled away and grinned at her. She was happy that he still had a sense of child like enthusiasm. She hoped that his time as King would not ruin that.

“You are such a nerd.” She teased, scooting across the seat to press against his side, sighing softly as she rested her head against his shoulder. “And that’s what makes me love you.”
 
He rested his arm around her and smiled down at her,

"At least something attracts you to me and that tells me that it's not just old Max which keeps you coming back to the castle every day."
 
“Well, it’s mostly Max.” She said, laughing softly as his arm squeezed her tightly. “And you might be a close second. Actually, your mother might be second. You’re third.”

The car slowed as it reached the dock where their boat would leave from. She had to admit that she was impressed with what the security detail had come up with. It was less a boat and more a yacht, but it was beautifully lit up on the water.
 
This time he allowed the door to be opened for him, he stepped out and ran a hand through his hair as he looked at the yacht where it slowly bobbed on the water,

"Well then, a real pirate ship in a paperback novel has a Jolly Roger, cannons and of course sleek lines...I will have to settle for the sleek lines."
 
“Who said anything about a pirate ship?” Charlie asked, taking Dave’s hand and dragging him up the ramp onto the boat.

The crew was quickly scurrying around, getting ready to disembark as she led him to the table that had been set up on the bow of the ship. She took a seat and smiled at him as he sat down across from her. Reaching for her wine glass, she held it up to toast him.

“I propose a toast to the most handsome man I know.” She said, a smile on her face. “May your rule be as glorious as all those that have come before you.”
 
He clinked his glass against her own and took a sip, then he raised his own glass,

"To Gentlevania, to you, one of the most important women in my life and of course to life, it's a grand one and may we have a full one."

He smiled at her, the candle light cast a gentle light about her, at a quick glance it would seem like she wore a halo. But that was things that she didn't have to hear from him, it was little things he saw and enjoyed.
 
Charlotte smiled at his toast and took a sip of her wine before the waiter came over with the first course. She noticed Dave staring at her with a silly look on his face and she reached across the small table and placed her hand on his.

“Penny for your thoughts?” She asked him in a soft voice, no longer the employee that kept his schedule on track, but now the woman that cared for him as a lover.
 
Back
Top