Wedding day nerves (open to one female)

Paulwilson57

The Sexual Writer
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Posts
6,944
Dean Will had been up since 7.00am into a massive white hotel room. Everything about it was white the walls the tiled bathroom the large white king sized double bed with white sheets all over it. Dean had ordered room service and was half way through his breakast when his bed side phone rang. He answered it only to hear the voice of his best friend the bride to be.

"Hi...... Yeah i know.....No you didn't wake me
but it is early... Why is something wrong?
Are you sure?... You didn't sleep with your stripper did you?
...But we are not meant to talk..... Yeah it should...Ok then.
How about we meet at the pool? I know the cafe..
How's 20 minutes...Ok. Bye.

Dean put the phone down something was wrong with his best friend and he jumped out of the bed leaving the rest of his breakfast as he looked in the wardrobe and threw on a pair of tight blue jeans. He haden't even put his boxers shorts on. He throws on a white t shirt and heads into the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Dean looks at himself in the mirror as he brushes his teeth. He has brown short spikey hair with deep blue eyes and is clean shaven. He has board shoulders and a toned body from all the swimming he has done over the years and he plays alot of soccer.

He finishes brushing his teeth and grabs a pair of white socks and his white sneakers and slips them on. He grabs his hotel room keycard and heads out of his room down the corridor and over towards the pool cafe.

As he gets there he looks at his cell phone it's only 7.55. The cafe opens at 8.00 as waiters are setting the tables Dean waits outside.
 
Elizabeth Nelson

6467795-young-pretty-female-sitting-against-a-wall-in-thought.jpg

It had been a long night, but for Elizabeth the night before her wedding had not gone at all as planned! True she had gotten back to their flat just before 1 am and she wasn’t due at her parents until around 11, but she had hardly had a wink of sleep and unlikely to get more than the hour or so she had managed to snatch between alternate bouts of activity and restlessness.

With a groan she rolled over and looked at the clock. She had vowed to wait until half past seven before phoning him, but it was near enough she decided picking up the receiver and settling back with a sigh in the unkempt bed.

”Hi ...”

Perhaps this was a bad idea after all she considered all too late as she heard his voice echo her greeting.

”I- It’s Lizzie ... “

She offered by way of explanation.

”...... Yeah i know.....”

She could hear amusement in his voice and she knew that she needed his support, his advice and above all the comfort of his arms as she poured out her fears.

”Dean, I ... I know it’s early ... I hope you weren’t asleep ... I didn’t mean to ... “

He interrupted her attempted apology.

”No you didn’t wake me...but it is early...

She let out a sigh of relief and forced herself to continue.

”It is ... very early that is ... but ... I needed to .. I don’t know I ... “

She heard concern in his voice then.

”Why is something wrong?”

She bit her lip and felt tears threaten.

” ... noo ... “

She told him tremulously, knowing he could always tell when she was lying.

”Are you sure?... “

She remained silent not trusting her voice to respond and fighting for control.

”You didn’t sleep with your stripper did you?”

She laughed then ... the laugh ending in a half-sob.

”I .... need your help ... “

She told him finally.

”...But we are not meant to talk..... “

For some reason he was stalling. She wondered briefly if he had become aware of her fiance, James’ ‘issues’ with the closeness of their friendship, but all that was irrelevant now!

” ... If I don’t come anywhere near the hotel, then there’s no risk of James and I meeting. There’s no wedding rule to keep you and I from communicating that I know of ... that should keep everyone happy ... “

She reasoned and was relieved that he agreed.

” ... and... I ... I need to see you ... “

She told him simply without elaborating.

”How about we meet at the pool?”

Elizabeth considered.

”What about Angelo’s. It’s just round the corner from the flat.”

She smiled as he replied, pleased that he didn’t ask any more questions.

” I know the cafe.. How’s 20 minutes...”

She glanced around and calculated that would give her ample time to tidy round and change.

”Sounds ideal.”

She said goodbye to him and then slid out of bed. All her wedding regalia was at her parents house. Even though she and James had been living together for the past 3 months, they had insisted that she be ‘married from home’. She thought there was little chance of Dean running into James at this time of the morning. It was likely they’d have been up late in the hotel bar the night before. She had never wanted her ‘hen party’ the night before her wedding, but arrangements had been taken out of her hands .... Not for the first time, she was thankful that her wedding wasn’t until 5 pm!

As it happened, she had no time to do anything but take a brief shower, brush and fix her hair and then and pull on jeans and a top. a small handbag over her shoulder and she set off for the cafe arriving there just as Angelo was opening up.

”Dean ... “

She breathed as she saw him about to enter the newly opened door.

Falling into his arms it was all she could do to prevent herself from giving into tears.

”Let’s get coffee... “

She murmured instead avoiding his gaze any potential queries, determined to ask questions of her own before she told him just what she had discovered about James the evening before ...
 
The moment Dean had heard her on the phone he knew something was wrong. He had known Elizabeth since high school. They had gone to the same University together. Dean had always liked Elizabeth but had always been to shy to tell her. Once in high school Elizabeth had grown into a beautiful woman and that was when other boys started to notice her.

Now it was the day of her wedding to a guy she had been with for a year one of his new friends. Dean's loyalty was to Elizabeth only and as soon as he saw her and she fell into his arms. He was there for her just as he had always been.

Dean called the waiter over and ordered two coffees. Ordering Eliz his nickname for her exactly how she alwas had her coffee. He turned to her asking.

"Eliz what's wrong? What Happened?"

Dean's concern for his best friend was all over his face as he looked into her eyes.
 
The café was deserted, as she had hoped it would be. Liz let Dean steer her to a table and watched him silently as he went about ordering coffee. Not for the first time she wondered if he had any idea about the ‘activities’ James had allegedly been up to behind her back. She’d been so shocked and hurt last night that at times she’d been convinced that he must know, that everyone must … and that this wedding was just a big joke …

But now as he pushed the coffee over to her she wondered how she could have suspected that of her long time best friend …

"Eliz what's wrong? What Happened?"

For long moments she stirred her coffee, then licking the froth from the spoon her eyes raised to his.

”You honestly have no idea…?”

She asked him softly, searching his expression.

”How about if I tell you that I ‘bumped’ into a ‘friend’ of James last night … ?”

Again she paused waiting to see if he would offer any information.

”You can imagine … being on my hen night … showing the barmaid a photograph of my wonderful fiancé … only to have her return the favour … “

She flinched and began cutting patters in the milk again.

” … though I can’t say my pics were as ‘marketable’ as hers … "

The attempt at humour fell flat and she shook her head instead.

"... I don't know much about dodgy internet sights, but I know ... porn ... when I see it … “

She murmured, shuddering at the humiliation she’d felt when the woman had ‘put her right’ about what a sleeze her husband-to-be really was.
 
Dean sat there letting his long time best friend open her heart out to him. His face as he listened intently to every words Elizabeth spoke cut into him as he realised what his so called friend James had done to his best friend and love of his life even if she would never know.

Before Eliza had even finished her last word dean was already up on his feet and round the table hugging Elizabeth so tight never wanting to let her go.

"Oh eliz I'm so sorry. I had no idea. Your to good for him. Your to good for any man. Oh eliz I'm here for you. Anything you need. What ever you want just tell me an I'll do it."

Dean could feel his love for eliz pouring out as a rage towards James built up. Dean was going to make James pay that he was sure of but his number one concern was looking after eliz.
 
Much as she wanted to succumb to tears, to break down and let out all the hurt and heartache, Elizabeth couldn’t … not yet …

"Oh eliz I'm so sorry. I had no idea. Your to good for him. Your to good for any man. Oh eliz I'm here for you. Anything you need. What ever you want just tell me an I'll do it."

Liz pulled Dean down to sit beside her and searched his eyes.

”You honestly didn’t know… didn’t have a clue that he was … “

She couldn’t bring herself to put a word to what she had seen in the pictures.
”Someone must have known. It’s not as if he was just cheating … it was … “

She shook her head repulsed.
”And what am I supposed to do now?”

She asked him checking her watch.

”I’m supposed to be heading home in about 3 hours. “

For want of any other distraction she took a sip of her coffee and then a further gulp enjoying the scalding heat before speaking again.

”I … was going to ask you to come back to the flat with me … to .. help me get into James’ lap top. I wanted to know what had been going on… check his email, accounts or … oh I don’t know … but … after what I saw last night … I don’t know if I want to see anymore … “
She looked at Dean in confusion.

”What do you think I should do…?”

She asked …
 
Last edited:
Dean was hurt as soon as Eliz said.

”You honestly didn’t know… didn’t have a clue that he was … “

How could she think he would of known. Dean knew it was from worry. Elizabeth had always trusted Dean an now the only other man she thought she could trust in her life and done this to her.

"No Eliz."

Dean however was still trying to piece together what was actually in them pictures. It seemed like pictures of James and another woman. Either way Dean was going to make James pay dearly for it. Dean looked deep into Eliz's eyes as she said.

”And what am I supposed to do now?”

His first thought was to cancel the wedding but it wasen't his decision it was Eliz's. He listened to her as she spoke again.

”I … was going to ask you to come back to the flat with me … to .. help me get into James’ lap top. I wanted to know what had been going on… check his email, accounts or … oh I don’t know … but … after what I saw last night … I don’t know if I want to see anymore … “

Dean was trying to form a plan in mind of how to help Eliz. It came to him quite quickly as Elizabeth asked.

”What do you think I should do…?”

"Right Eliz. I will go over to your place and check James's laptop and find out what he has been up to. I still have a key to your place from when you first brought it. Now James is still at the hotel sleeing off his hangover. I want you to go to my house. I'll have my sister Lisa meet you there. You have a key so you can both get in and means your not alone. Now the other question is what do you want to do about the wedding?"

Dean pulls his phone out ready to call his sister Lisa who is great friends with Elizabeth and always had been since right after him and Eliz became friends.

"You could cancel it now if you want? or wait to see what I find on his laptop first? How does that sound?"

Dean placed his phone of the table and took hold of both her hands looking into her eyes.
 
Elizabeth had never thought that Dean would have kept silent about James' activities if he'd known about them and the fact he hadn't made her feel slightly less stupid for not having realised that he was 'messing around' in that way ...

"Right Eliz. I will go over to your place and check James's laptop and find out what he has been up to. I still have a key to your place from when you first brought it. Now James is still at the hotel sleeping off his hangover. I want you to go to my house. I'll have my sister Lisa meet you there. You have a key so you can both get in and means your not alone.”

Liz shook her head in confusion as she tried to decide what to do. If she let Dean look at the laptop, then she didn’t have to actually SEE … but she would KNOW … It did seem the perfect solution. As to going to see Lisa ... they had been great friends which had been another bonus of having Dean in her life … but … could was she up to facing her now?

” … I love Lisa like a sister .. you know that .. but … I don’t know how I can face her … face anyone after … “

She checked her watch. Somehow the prospect of seeing her parents in less than 3 hours and then walking down the aisle after that seemed all too close …

”Now the other question is what you want to do about the wedding. You could cancel it now if you want? or wait to see what I find on his laptop first? How does that sound?"

She flinched at the idea of the chaos a cancellation would cause.

”God... this is a nightmare … “

She managed as her mind raced.

”… if he’s doing stuff like that BEFORE we’re married … “

She shook her head holding back the tears with effort and forced herself to be logical ...

”I’ll come back with you to the flat … you can … do whatever you do with the lap top and … I guess if nothing else it’ll give me more time to think … “

If there was more to find … then that might make the decision easier … but now she had gotten to the point of checking up on him like this … perhaps things had gone too far already and what Dean did or did not find was immaterial.

In her heart of hearts, though, Elizabeth could not see herself getting married today afterall …
 
Dean wanted to do anything for Elizabeth an he already pulled out his wallet ptting money on the table for both their coffees as he picked them up and let Eliz link his arm as the both walked towards his car.

"Ok Eliz anything you want. The important thing is that your ok. You mean so much to me."

Opening Eliz door for her he gets in after her putting the drinks in the drink holder in his black Lexus. He takes off for Eliz's apartment arriving within 20 minutes. He pulls up on the empty driveway. Getting out and heading over to the front door.

"I'll take a look at the laptop. Do you want to stay over at mine for while? maybe pack an over night bag?"

With Dean working as a manager of a electric store he knows alot about PC's and laptops. He managed to break into the laptop in under 5 minutes and quickly found a number of emails from other women most were sexual in nature.

In a hidden file he found plenty of pictures of at least 7 other women he also found some video files.

As soon as Dean opened the first video file it showed Eliz and James's bedroom and James had a woman on all fours on the bed. Dean couldn't believe that James had slept with a woman in their bed.

As the woman threw her head back he saw it was Elizabeth. Had Elizabeth known that James was video taping them. From the video it didn't look like it. Dean knocked it off. He was offended by everything he had seen but his mind couldnt forget the panting moan that escaped Eliz's lips just before he knocked the video off.

Dean couldn't believe James had done this his head was still in his hands.
 
“Ok Eliz anything you want. The important thing is that your ok. You mean so much to me.”

Elizabeth met Dean’s eyes, but could do nothing but nod. Dean had always been there for her. He had given her space when she had fallen for James, but as soon as she needed him or wanted company Dean was there for her. And now ... she needed him more than ever!

Smiling her thanks as he paid for the coffees she moved through the door and allowed him to lead her to his car. The feeling of his arm around her and the comforting heat of his torso as he held her comfortingly against him as they walked gave her strength for what they were about to do.

[I}“I’ll take a look at the laptop. Do you want to stay over at mine for while? maybe pack an over night bag?”[/I]

She shrugged and responded softly.

”I have an overnight case at the hotel ... and my honeymoon suitcases there aswell ... “

God there would be so much to sort out if she did call the wedding off.

”You know where his things are ... “

She offered making her way into the bedroom and closing the door before lowering herself onto it and sitting with her knees pulled up and willed herself to think straight, to make the right decision. She would be foolish to think that James hadn’t had a past ... and she suspected quite a ‘colourful one’ ... compared to him she had been inexperienced and even shy in that area ... but he had made her feel so special and so wanted. Together they had been a hot combination ... in and out of the bedroom. Many had commented on the contrast between his dark hair and seemingly perpetually tanned complexion. That and his muscular frame were in stark comparison to her own fair, blonde slender appearance ... She thought of the wedding dress hanging waiting for her at her parents’ house .... and the bridesmaids that were to meet her there after midday ...
So many people ... so much chaos ... and the cost ...

Standing abruptly, she refused to allow herself to descend into panic. Opening the door, she went in search of Dean. Perhaps she was being paranoid when it came to the lap top ... perhaps ... she stopped as she took in the sight of Dean, head in hands. It was obvious that he had found something ... it was just a matter of what ...

”Dean ... how bad is it ...?”

She asked softly, forcing herself to know the facts, but fearful of what he might tell her.
 
As Dean sat at the desk with his head in his hands he heard Elizabeth say.

”Dean ... how bad is it ...?”

Looking up Dean stared at his best friend from across the desk. Trying to find the words. Trying for a way not to make it hurt as much as he knew it would. But he couldn't. Sliding out from behind the desk heading towards Elizabeth.

"I don't know how to say this. James has been emailing a number of other women. And i found pictures of at least 7 women he has been sleeping with. Also Eliz I need to ask did you agree to him recording some of your more intimate times together?"

Dean keeps moving forward ready to catch his best friend as he see's his words sink in.

"I'm so sorry Eliz."

Dean is right next to her reaching out he takes hold of her tightly holding Eliz to his chest.
 
As Dean sat at the desk with his head in his hands he heard Elizabeth say.

”Dean ... how bad is it ...?”

She new it was ‘bad’ as soon as she saw Dean’s expression. There were mere moments of silence, but to Elizabeth it seemed an eternity.

“I don’t know how to say this...”

The tone of his voice alone froze her.

”James has been emailing a number of other women. And i found pictures of at least 7 women he has been sleeping with. “

She blinked and echoed incredulously.

” ... seven ... ?”

One was too many ... perhaps she had always known that ... but.... seven ... it just didn’t make sense...

”Also Eliz I need to ask did you agree to him recording some of your more intimate times together?”

With effort she focused on Dean again ... slow realisation sinking in not just of what he was asking, but what he was telling her ...

” .. intimate ... oh no ... of course not! .. wh.... “

Her eyes widened in horror as she looked at the lap top.

”He .... no ... he ... but .... “

She struggled to voice the questions, the denials that hardly left her lips.
With painful clarity she knew that Dean would tell her nothing but the truth.

“I’m so sorry Eliz.”

He held her tight offering comfort, but her body remained taut, rigid with the effort of control as Elizabeth slowly pieced together the facts she had learned about her fiance in less than 24 hours.
The fact of James with other women hurt and angered her, but recording her without her knowledge ... ? That changed things ...

”I thought ... I thought ... “

She shook her head stunned. She had thought James loved her. Even after last night, even when she asked Dean to get into his lap top, Liz had still believed that despite it all, James loved her.

”How could he...?”

A tremor ran through her body, a sob catching in her throat. She was heartbroken, but above all she felt betrayed, sick and illogically ‘dirty’. She burrowed her head in Dean’s chest, sobs finally breaking through. She had been so happy, so optimistic and so sure of James ... and now ... all she wanted was to hide from the world ... fearful of what people might think of her if the extent of James’ betrayal become common knowledge and if - heaven forbid - any recordings of her should be circulated ...

Nothing felt right or safe anymore ... apart from the refuge in Dean’s arms as she sobbed her heart out ...
 
Last edited:
Dean held his best friend letting her sob her heart out onto his shirt. Wanting nothing more than to silence her sobs with a kiss on her lips he knew he couldn't. He would feel like he was taking advantage of eliz in a time of weakness for her.

Instead he held her tight trying his best to help the one he loved and try to sort out this mess of what had happened. He knew straight away he would delete the videos of James and Elizabeth having sex. Then he would make a copy of the rest if the files and emails onto his USB keychain to protect Elizabeth in case James ever come after her. He could use the info to force James to back out from the wedding or let everyone know that Elizabeth changed her mind after seeing him for what he really was.

Dean carefully picked his words.

"Eliz I'm so sorry to have to ask you this but do you still want to marry James?"

Dean knew time was against them as she was marrying him that day.
 
Time stood still as she gave vent to her grief.
Her world was shattered and she felt broken.
Only when her sobs slowed, her body giving occasional shudders as she remained with her head buried into Dean's chest did Dean speak.

"Eliz I'm so sorry to have to ask you this but do you still want to marry James?"

She lifted her head then, knowing she must look like hell, but knowing that Dean always accepted her no matter what … even now ..

Biting her lip she shook her head, tears welling, but held in check.

”No … not after this … how could I ever trust him … ever feel safe to 'be with' him again?”

She shuddered at the thought. There was no way back in her mind now. No matter what anyone else thought she could never be with a man who treated her as James had.

” … but there's so many people to tell .. so much to sort … “

Elizabeth thought of her parents, her bridesmaids … her clothes at the hotel … flowers.. catering... the church.. the vicar … the more she thought the more overwhelming it all felt.

” … I don't know where to start … all I want to do is run away … hide … how am I going to face everyone, Dean? I don't want anyone to know about all this … not the gory details ... “

She flinched and gestured to the lap top.

”Can you … sort all that … make sure... ?”

She blushed hotly thinking about the emails and the recordings of her and tried not to let her imagination run away with her as to what the exact contents of either might be.

”... and James … "

Her voice faltered as she spoke her fiance's name.

"I don't want to see him .... however he reacts ... I don't want him coming after me ... can you keep him away from me? Please Dean!?!"

She needed him more than ever before.
There was no one else but Dean who could somehow get her through this ...
 
Last edited:
Dean held onto eliz for what seemed like forever as he let her cry into his chest. He stared down into her face an listened to everything she said before he begun to act.

"Don't worry eliz I'm here. I will sort out everything for you. You just wait here a moment then we can head over to my place. Ok?"

Dean quickly released eliz even tho he didn't want to and moved behjnd the desk. Quickly he deleted the videos of Elizabeth and James having sex in their bedroom completely. He then put his USB key chain in and transferred all the pictures and emails of the women onto it. Once he had finished that he was going to take eliz to t
His car and drive her to his place while ringing everyone to let them know the wedding is cancelled as dean himself is ill.

Then dean will contact James and let him know to stay Away from eliz. That should eliz some time to think and get some breathing room.
 
“Don’t worry eliz I’m here. I will sort out everything for you.”

Dean spoke the words she needed to hear!

”You just wait here a moment then we can head over to my place. Ok?”

Mutely she nodded. What she had learned the evening before paled into insignificance compared to what Dean had found on James’ lap top. Part of her was numb with shock and yet another part of her was disgusted, humiliated and ... hurt beyond what she had ever thought possible. She watched for a few moments as Dean worked busily on the lap top. It was bad enough that he’d been with other women, but recording their intimacy!? It made everything they’d shared feel cheap and dirty ... when she thought it had been so special.

Turning away she headed for the bedroom. The action was more to distance herself from the lap top as if her close proximity to it sullied her further, yet she was able to pull herself together enough to gather items of clothes, basic toiletries and a few other essentials. She was sitting on the bed with a holdall behind her when Dean came for her. The baggage was meagre compared to the expensive suitcases packed with new clothes all set for their dream honeymoon ... glancing at the bed, she realised that she had been caught in a nightmare for a long time, only she had not known it ... until now ...

As she sank into the passenger seat of Dean’s car, she realised that she felt exhausted and could not believe that it was still the morning of her intended wedding day.

”Dean ... “

Elizabeth finally managed as the car started up.

”Thank you ... “

It seemed so inadequate, but welling tears stopped her from elaborating further.
She had no idea how she was going to get through this. But at least with Dean looking out for her, she at least had a chance of coming out the other side of it .... some time in the future ...
 
Dean nodded back to Elizbeth while he was driving.

"It's no problem. Eliz anything I can do for you I will."

Reaching out he takes hold of her thigh and gives her thigh a gentle squezze. As he started driving towards his house.

He had already set up his ear peice for his mobile phone and started to make a series of calls to Elizbeth's family and friends telling them the wedding is off as Elizabeth wont get married if her best friend is ill.

Dean then rung James. As soon as he got through to James's answer machine Dean left a message.

"James this is Dean. The weddings off. Elizabeth has called it off. Dont you dare try to contact her. We know about what you have been up to. I found it all on your laptop. You son of a bitch."

Dean hung up before he said anything else. Gentley stroking Eliz leg as he got to his house.
 
“It’s no problem. Eliz anything I can do for you I will.”

Elizabeth nodded gratefully and gave a tremulous smile as Dean gave her a reassuring squeeze...

She remained silent as Dean began to make calls. She might have preferred not to listen in on the lie he told over and over about him being ill and that being her reason for canceling the wedding. Everyone knew she and Dean were close. Even his sister almost treated her like a sibling, but would they really buy that explanation. She bit back a sigh deciding that it didn’t matter ... in fact ... she wasn’t sure what anything mattered anymore.

She hadn’t realised that she’d ‘zoned out’ until she found herself drawn to the harshness of Dean’s voice.

“James this is Dean. The weddings off. Elizabeth has called it off.”

She watched in amazement at the anger she had never seen in Dean, not once ... no matter what the provocation ...

”Dont you dare try to contact her. We know about what you have been up to. “

She realised that James himself was not responding and that this was the message he would later find on his phone.

”I found it all on your laptop. You son of a bitch.”

Lizzie flinched at words and watched in amazement as Dean closed the connection, his face set for mere seconds, before he turned towards her, expression instantly transformed and stroked her leg soothingly once more.

”I hope I never get you angry at me ... “

She commented uncertainly, not knowing how else to respond to the unexpected depth of rage she had witnessed Dean express on her behalf. Lizzie realised she had been nervous that James would come after her and that somehow he would get to her either by persuading Dean to give him the chance to plead his case or even by physically or mentally overpowering Dean to get to her. Yet, as she let her eyes run over the frame of the man beside her, she realised with a start that Dean had more than enough strength and determination to protect her from anything or anyone!

They had known each other so long and more or less grown up together.
Why was it this was the first time she had seen him in a different light?
Dean, she realised would make a loyal and protective husband to some lucky girl some day.
Why was it she had chosen a complete bastard for herself?


They were out of the car now, Dean shouldering her holdall and ushering her into his house in an attempt to avoid detection of any prying eyes. With the door securely shut and just the two of them within Elizabeth let out a sigh of relief. Even though it might be premature, she knew she was safely hidden away and that anyone would have to get past Dean before getting to her, a barrier she now realised was as near to impenetrable as any other protection she could have sought.

Wordlessly she wrapped her arms around her best friend and pressed closely against him in an instinctive attempt to seek warmth and comfort.

In all this he hadn’t judged her or thought any less of her. In fact Lizzie was more critical of her own gullibility in all this than he. She couldn’t help thinking that she should have seen this coming ... had some idea ... but she hadn’t had a clue and she felt so foolish that James had ‘played her’ so well ...

"... I still can't believe all this is happening ... "

She murmured.

"I've been so stupid..."
 
Last edited:
Dean took Elizabeth's bag and takes it straight into his bedroom. Only having one big double bed he would let Elizabeth have his bed and he would sleep on the sofa.

as he walked back into the room Eliz come over and hugged him. Leaning in he softly kissed her head.

"Its ok Elizabeth. I'm here your safe. You can have my bed i will sleep on the sofa. Now why don't you go and unpack your bag or have a nice shower or bath. I'll take care of everthing."

Holding her in his strong warm arms he leaned in kissing her head again.
 
She sighed as he kissed her head.

“Its ok Elizabeth. I’m here your safe. “

She held back the urge to thank him again, instead squeezing him tightly in response hoping this would communicate her feelings more efficiently than mere words.

”You can have my bed i will sleep on the sofa.”

She wanted to object, but figured that would wait until later.

”Now why don’t you go and unpack your bag or have a nice shower or bath. I’ll take care of everthing.”

Never had Elizabeth been more grateful for his friendship. She smiled, the first genuine smile since she had found out the extent of James’ betrayal and murmured against his chest.

”Why are you so good to me ...?”

Looking up she met his eyes.

”I’m sure I don’t deserve it ... “

She reached up and kissed him softly on the cheek a well of emotion filling her as their gazes held. Suddenly everything seemed to melt away and all that existed was her and Dean and everything they had ever shared between them. He was the only one she could trust completely she realised.

Reluctantly she drew slowly back from Dean’s arms biting back a sigh.

”I’ll take a bath ... “

She told him, without elaborating that the whole experience had left her feeling sullied by her association with James.

”... see you in a while...?”

She turned and made her way towards Dean’s bedroom and found her bag on the bed where Dean had deposited it moments ago. He had said unpack, but for now she merely took out the robe she had had the forethought to pack and a few toiletries before heading for the bathroom and running the hot steaming water and selecting one of Dean’s bath gels and pouring some beneath the flow finding the masculine musky scent that she associated with him strangely comforting. By the time she had shed her clothes and folded them neatly into the corner of the bedroom and gotten a couple of towels from the airing cupboard in Dean’s bedroom the bath was hot and frothy and ready for her to slide into.

She had thought that she would set about scrubbing every inch of her, yet when the warm aromatic water surrounded her, she found that she became even more aware of the ache of her entire body, or her soul .... With a sigh she closed her eyes and tried to let go ... to stop the repeated question of why... why had James cheated on her ..... why had he filmed them together ... and why .... why had he gone through the elaborate charade of convincing her how special she was and how much he loved her and in turn lead her to fall in love with him ...

She must have dozed off ... She seemed to awake with a start. The water around her had cooled, though was still pleasantly luke warm. She had no idea how long she had been in there though. Hurriedly she let out some water and then topped the tub up to increase the temperature and set about washing her hair before finally letting out the water and stepping out to wrap herself up in the warmed towels. Padding to her room, she sat on the bed and began to towel dry her hair taking out the worst until it hung in a dark honey curtain around her shoulders. She had yet to hear anything beyond the bedroom and so easing out of the now cooled and damp towels she drew on her robe, fastened the belt and padded out of the room in search of Dean ...
 
Dean had been calling everyone for the past 45 minutes to make sure everyone knew the wedding was cancelled.

While he had done that he headed into the kitchen and made a drink for himself which he had now finished. He had just poured himself and Eliz a glass of red wine which was sitting on the table.

Dean had opened his shirt wide open so his chest was on show. He had also ordered them some pizzas. Knowing Elizabeth for so long he knew her favorite pizza and toppings.

He had finished all his calls and just turned round as Eliz enter in a white robe. Even soaking wet she looked beautiful.

"I was just about to check on you. I have ordered us some pizzas. How was your bath? Are you ok?"
 
”Hey... “

Elizabeth padded barefooted into the kitchen and smiled as she saw the glasses of red wine Dean had poured.


"I was just about to check on you. I have ordered us some pizzas. How was your bath? Are you ok?"

Lizzie smiled and checked the clock. It was just gone 11 am, the time she should be at her parents. Picking up the wine she took a long sip before responding.

”Sorry … think I fell asleep in the bath … I didn't sleep so well last night … “

She shrugged. She had no need to say anything further. Dean knew how emotionally draining that morning had been for her.

”Pizza sounds great … and this wine hits the spot … “

She told him, not sure if she was actually hungry or not, but deciding drinking on an empty stomach would not be wise … though why should she be concerned with what was wise or not?

”I helped myself to your things... I knew you wouldn't mind … “

The musky scent of his toiletries still hung comfortingly around her.

”I still need to dry off a bit … I didn't realise I'd been so long … “

Snaring the glass she made her way with Dean to the warm living room and sat on the sofa where once more she drank more wine before asking.

”So … any … news...?”

She wondered what her parents had said? Had James responded? But didn't dare ask specifically and perhaps she just didn't really want to know …

Right now pizza and more of the warming wine seemed the best way forward.
 
Dean followed Elizabeth over to the sofa and sat down with her taking a drink of he red wine before he spoke.

"We'll your mom is not to happy you cancelled the wedding cause I'm ill but I talked her round to it. James rang aswell. He wanted to talk to you and try to explain. I told him to get lost. So don't worry your safe."

Dean looked at Elizabeth and placed his hand on her leg. Before he felt it was wet. It was Elizabeth bare leg sticking out of the robe. His hand on her thigh dean could feel her heat.

Just then the doorbell rang for the pizza man. Dean got up and headed to the door. He opened it paying for the pizzas and shut he door coming back in.

"I got you your favourite. Oh and my sister wanted to come over and take care of me. I told her you were here doing that already."

Dean smiled as he placed the pizza boxes down and opened them.
 
"We'll your mom is not to happy you cancelled the wedding cause I'm ill but I talked her round to it.”

Lizzie nodded mutely. She could imagine her mother being irate at the reason for the cancellation. She liked Dean, but obviously would not accept the illness of her best friend would be grounds for cancellation … and Lizzie couldn’t blame her. At some time in the near future, she would have to tell her parents the truth …or ... at least part of it ..

” James rang aswell.”

They were the words she had been dreading.

”He wanted to talk to you and try to explain.”

Lizzie put the wine down on the side table unsteadily as Dean continued.

”I told him to get lost. So don't worry your safe."

Lizzie bit her lip and nodded. She was safe from the shame of telling the world what her fiancé had been doing, had a refuge until she could face the world again … but her emotions were shot … nothing seemed to make sense anymore.

The pizza man at the door brought distraction. Lizzie drained the glass and headed off to fetch the bottle and had already topped their glasses up again by the time Dean returned with the food.

"I got you your favourite.”

Again she smiled at how considerate Dean was, but felt she had lost her appetite.

”Oh and my sister wanted to come over and take care of me. I told her you were here doing that already."

The alarm she had felt was instantly quelled.

”They must all find it … well a bit… weird … “

She questionned, opening the box and taking out a slice.

”But, at least they won’t be able to guess at what’s really gone on, no matter how much they speculate … “

She nibbled at the end, appreciating the warm food, even though she felt she wouldn’t manage much of it ..

”I’ll have to get my suitcases back sometime … “

She commented wearily.

”I wonder which of his women James will take on our honeymoon with him … “

She put down the half eaten slice and wiped her fingers on the paper napkin before taking up her wine and settling down in the chair once more. Looking at the clock she noted how time was progressing … even now she could still make it to the church she realised with detachment. Not that she would ever trust any man again, much less James she concluded with a mirthless laugh and drank once again finding the wine was filling her with a warm and fuzzy glow … a state that was so much better than the pain of reality as this her wedding day ticked past by the hour and minute …
 
Back
Top